The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AOE Testing Clarifications and suggestions

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Would you guys be able to clarify the following things regarding the aoe testing for us? (i've bolded the main points but if you are able to answer/consider the others too it would be appreciated :) )

1) Will the test be "Always active" during the timeframes you provided or is it going to be turned on and off somewhat randomly? (if random can you give a schedule so we can plan events?)

2) Will you be adjusting your data based on player participation? For example some of these weeks coincide with the IC event so population might differ also player actions may change because of the 2x AP reward (encouraging keep flipping rather than fighting). Also perhaps some groups will avoid the events etc..

3) When you collect the data and present the results will you be considering players being grouped or not and the group size for example what impact does a solo player have vs a group player in a small group vs a group player in a large group?

As for suggestions

a) It would be really nice if for these tests you could drop the faction lock on Grey Host.
This would allow for fuller testing on the popular main campaign as groups could temporarily switch sides to fight each other and would likely give you more useful data.

b) Additionally I would recommend ending the campaign early and perhaps making the campaign duration 7 day for each testing phase but the faction lock would be the most useful for events and player testing.

c) It would be interesting if you would consider a test where resurrection has an increasing timer or auto respawn at base. A lot of the time fights are prolonged due to constant resurrection. This has been worsened with the Necro res ulti and it's likely also causing some significant server performance issues.
@Solar_Breeze
NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Posts like these makes me sad that ZOS rarely respond to a thread. Well put, and good questions. I wish we could see what they would answer. but sadly thats probably not going to happen =|
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS often does respond but its probs hard to see threads that don't get a lot of traction compared to the shock threads :P
    @Solar_Breeze
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the questions, @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO; appreciate you staying constructive here. The tests will indeed always be active during the time frames provided. It's a bit too soon to say what types of results we'll be publishing once everything is finished, but we can certainly keep your questions in mind. As for your suggestions, we've passed these along to the team for consideration, though it's worth mentioning removing the faction lock isn't something we can do on the fly and not something we could do in time for the start of the tests on the 8th.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the questions, @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO; appreciate you staying constructive here. The tests will indeed always be active during the time frames provided. It's a bit too soon to say what types of results we'll be publishing once everything is finished, but we can certainly keep your questions in mind. As for your suggestions, we've passed these along to the team for consideration, though it's worth mentioning removing the faction lock isn't something we can do on the fly and not something we could do in time for the start of the tests on the 8th.

Thanks :) Makes it easier to plan events. If the faction lock can be dropped for the event It would be very useful later on in the events if it is possible. Also if there is a particular week which you would like more testing participation than others please let us know.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with these suggestion except for the faction lock suggestion, on the contrary there is quite a number of us who like to play for the campaign.

I would also like to see a test where all proc sets are shut of. These sets have multiplied in recent years and may be a reason for the increased problems. In addition, a removal of them would not change the battle system but make it more interesting.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC