The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How is this Add-On not a cheat?

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat's is a shell of what it used to be, @Murky_Dregs, after the ZOS API change.

You'll notice the last update to it was over a year ago.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 31, 2020 6:33PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, you agree that add-on, that kind of functionality, is a cheat.

You missed the part where ZOS did an API change. They are well aware of what this add-on does. That resolved the "cheating" problem, I guess.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Murky_Dregs
    Murky_Dregs
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

You missed the part where ZOS did an API change. They are well aware of what this add-on does. That resolved the "cheating" problem, I guess.

Thanks for confirming.

Still, I'd assume an add-on could potentially be built that triggers off other API queues not necessarily covered...
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be a "cheat." Now it isn't.

This is common knowledge.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on July 31, 2020 4:56PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a huge influx of players that came in just less than a year ago that just cant accept they aren't good yet, and just looking to cry cheat.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Thanks for confirming.

Still, I'd assume an add-on could potentially be built that triggers off other API queues not necessarily covered...

You can assume anything you want but that doesn't make it true. ZOS fixed the api awhile ago. The api is also available should you wish to peruse it so feel free to go have a look.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit - missed comment in wiki advising notification were removed by devs.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on July 31, 2020 6:34PM
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to remove or edit several posts for Baiting and Non-Constructive Back and Forth. Please ensure that you keep a discussion civil, constructive and within the rules, even if you disagree with users in said discussion.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even a cheat. It was never against the TOS to use. ZOS just decided to restrict the API and that was that.

That's in striking contrast to an example where people did get punished: some people were abusing chat add-ons to send messages with large numbers of special characters, causing opponents to crash. ZOS restricted the chat API, breaking a bunch of chat addons in the process, and the guilty players got temp banned for it.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even a cheat. It was never against the TOS to use. ZOS just decided to restrict the API and that was that.

That's in striking contrast to an example where people did get punished: some people were abusing chat add-ons to send messages with large numbers of special characters, causing opponents to crash. ZOS restricted the chat API, breaking a bunch of chat addons in the process, and the guilty players got temp banned for it.

Agreed - That's why I used "xxx." It wasn't technically a cheat, but it was playing dirty.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because it's an add-on and they are allowed in Cyro for some odd reason. I honestly don't use any add-ons in Cyro because they clutter the screen and annoy me. Doing that also has the added benefit that when add-ons stop working, like the one that tells people when to purge, block, and roll, I don't start suck like all the supposed pros crutching on them do.

My favorite day was when Miats got nerfed and couldn't tell people when a stealth attack was happening as well. So many NBs that always accused me of using the add-on got educated, and so did other players that thought the same. It was a nice AP farming period :D
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    We have a huge influx of players that came in just less than a year ago that just cant accept they aren't good yet, and just looking to cry cheat.

And a simple google search regarding actual cheats and cheaters in this game will reveal that it is in fact happening. So yes, excuse me if I am skeptical.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

lol everyday i play vs a DC guy (i wont say his name, but he is not a bad player and not novice) i have to suffer him calling me and my 2 or 3 Friends cheaters because he has load screens when we are nearly to die and we dont lol
    in 6 years playing i only seen one guy running into the rocks at pleasure and 2 guys running through a wall other time. About Mía, I think is just for pve
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I know why I don't land snipes in PvP. Been trying new bow stamsorc for about a week now, but I almost never hit anyone with snipe even if I stealth attack or snipe target in group fights.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I know why I don't land snipes in PvP. Been trying new bow stamsorc for about a week now, but I almost never hit anyone with snipe even if I stealth attack or snipe target in group fights.

Er, the alert from stealth function was removed from Miat's ages ago.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does it still alert charging of heavy attacks, or delayed spells hitting, or projectiles incoming, while face to face? because it still is an unfair big advantage
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honnestly bro, with how broken snipe is that's a wild statement. It's the most broke skill in broke town :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play pc occationally, ps4 mainly. And i really don't get why any add-ons are allowed in pvp. Makes no sense to me. But that's just me.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Honnestly bro, with how broken snipe is that's a wild statement. It's the most broke skill in broke town :)

There are so many broken cheez abilities/combos in this game, this is simply not true. I would love to see the recap log from every time you die in pvp and how many times snipe shows up vs. other abilities.

Dude is spot-on, I stopped using snipe it is dodged so often. I would say easily 50% of my snipes are dodged, many of them on the first shot out of stealth. The story here is "we can hear it before it hits". What other "broken" ability gives the other player an audible warning to dodge it? If you are dying to snipe maybe you should learn how to hear it coming too.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on September 4, 2020 1:48PM