The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Xbox one----No Sound

Maiyn
Maiyn
Soul Shriven
I haven't played since shortly after launch and came back to a game with no sound.

I have tried all the solutions I could find related to this and none have worked.
-Unplug the xbox and let it reboot.
-Unplug the xbox and external drive and let the xbox reboot.
-delete save game info
-delete save info and reboot
There is another one or two but I forget what they were.

The sound stays until it loads my character into the game then it quits. I have reset all sound options to default from max settings. If I press the home button, the sound will play while the game is in the minimized screen but goes away again as soon as I click back in to play.

Is there a known fix to this?
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sound has been acting goofy on my XB1 as well.
    I thought it was just a bad connection w/ my headphones.
    Negative.
    The game is having trouble with its music in my experience.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not losing all sound (I don't think) but I was having periods of 3-4 minutes with no music last night. Also on XB1.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    turn the volume up ;) in settings. if that doesn't work try replacing hdmi cord
  • bkrandy_924
    bkrandy_924
    Soul Shriven
    Same here - sound keeps randomly getting super quiet then back to normal levels. Tried just as much and can't get it to stay normal. This happens only for ESO so I can't imagine it being anything else other than the game.
  • Filthy_Ramhole
    Filthy_Ramhole
    Soul Shriven
    I havent played in a while but came back and now no weapon sounds... Hmmm
    XB1 - NA - AD - AUSTRALIAN ON PAROLE IN THE UK - NIGHTBLADE
    DeeJ is a Pegboy
  • jonessssssssssy
    If you contact ZOS they will tell you to reinstall the game, and clear blueray chache. This does sound like it might be something messed up with the downloaded game data. So maybe that might work
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the exact same issue with sound--home button and the minimized screen suddenly makes sound, otherwise no sound. I will try deleting the entire game and reinstalling, including the player save files. Don't know how to clear the blueray cache, though I'm guessing a hard reset by unplugging the power cord should do it. I have checked my sound levels as well.
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    I have unplugged the xbox and the external drive, uninstalled (including save files) and then reinstalled the game, moved the game on another xbox from the external to the internal memory, cleared the Blu-ray cache.

Prior to this I hadn't played the game in a while. None of this is working, I still don't have sound on the xbox I didn't have sound on. Anyone have other ideas?
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    This is an update to my sound issues on xbox--hopefully someone from ZOS sees this. I have 2 xbox ones, I'll designate them A and B. Unit A has the sound issues, but B--which we just got, has no sound issues. Though B wouldn't load the player profiles until I had started the game again on Unit A after deleting and reinstalling. Unit A still has sound issues, though I tried deleting only the save files and then power cycling the unit before loading the game up again. I am able to hear other players in chat, but that is the only sound once the screen loads into the game. As I said, unit B has no sound issues at all. Unit A either hadn't ever had ESO played on it, and I hadn't played ESO in months. (Unit B was a replacement for Unit C, which had a disc reading issue that luckily cropped up just before the warranty ran out. C was the one I played ESO on, but again hadn't played in months.)
  • vinnyml
    vinnyml
    ✭✭✭
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change your settings but other than that it just happens from time to time.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • TransparentCee
    TransparentCee
    Soul Shriven
    go to voice chat and leave the channel otherwise you will only have sound if you are wearing a headset.
  • Synthart
    Synthart
    Soul Shriven
    I have done all the resets and all of the suggestions by tech support. Since I don't really think tech is reading what I am writing. I will explain again: Have no ambient music, no sound from venders, can not hear my own weapons. Can hear other players weapon sounds like a bow shooting, can hear my clanfear strike with his tail, can hear another player being hit, can hear in game attacks on me, but my attacks are silent. Can hear my guild mates and they can hear me. All since Summerset download. I am on XB1. Since the silence makes the game dull I have been playing my playlists over Spotify. Also listening to guild members chat. Have gotten very use to it and beginning to enjoy it.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Delete game save data.
    2. Uninstall the game and all game content from games and apps, then reinstall the game, all game content, and update the game fully.
    3. Leave any xbox party you are in and unplug your headset.
    4. Load up the game.
    5. Check audio settings in the main menu, before logging in to a character. Adjust to default levels.
    6. Log in to a character.
    7. Check audio settings in the in-game options. Reset to default levels.
    8. Leave all in-game chat channels.
    9. Quit game from xbox dashboard.
    10. Load game and character back up.

If you follow all these steps, in this order, everything should be at default values and reset perfectly. Even if you've done some of this before, you should do all these steps to be perfectly sure everything is reset. If something is still broken, there's probably an issue with your xbox or home setup. If everything works, try these steps:

1. Plug in your headset/mic.
    2. Join an in-game chat channel.
    3. Try joining an xbox party.
    4. Adjust your audio settings in the main menu or while logged in on a character to your preference.

If these steps don't break anything, congratulations! You fixed the problem! If they do, you've found the problem.

These are fairly basic troubleshooting steps, but these should help, if just in identifying the problem. Especially after a big patch, sometimes stuff like this is necessary, even if it is a hassle.
    Edited by Marginis on June 11, 2018 4:42PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • thalosdaedra
    thalosdaedra
    ✭✭
    NOSOUND MODE
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

Given the age of this thread, and the fact that some information may be out of date, we've closed this thread. If you wish to continue the discussion please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.