The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina builds ... but almost no stamina abilities?

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Is it me or are all classes filled up with magicka abilities instead of stamina abilities ?

I am now playing a mag sorc dps however i wanted to try out a stamina dps warden or stamina dps NB. When i looked at the skills most of them all seem to be magicka based

Is that right?

If abilities scale off your magicka or stamina , and you have all attribute points in stamina (because you are going for stam build) , then the magicka skills are rather worthless are they not ?

If you have low magicka , i guess the spells arent that powerful?

How come no class has more stamina abilities ?

What does it then mean to try out a stamina build if you practically have no stamina class abilities ?

Best Answers

• CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah stamina class abilities...there aren't a huge amount of them. but, with any build, you mix in abilities from other skill lines, and there are lots of stamina skills in dual wield, 2h, bow and fighter's guild to fill in the gaps. even with mag builds, i don't use all class abilities
    PC - EU - Steam client
    Answer ✓
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've added a few more stamina morphs over the past few years than they had before, at least.
    But Templar definitely needs more stamina morphs.
    Answer ✓
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, you get magic skills from class, and stamina skills from weapon lines, with a few exceptions.

All but two weapons (destruction and restoration staves) give you skills that use stamina exclusively, so you could make the same argument in reverse for the poor magicka folks whose weapon choices are all stamina.
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The four base game classes feel rather skimpy on stamina abilities because ESO wasn't designed for the current magicka/stamina divide. Instead, there were caps on how much of each resources you could have and it was expected that players would mainly use magicka for everything, with stamina and weapons mostly being for flavor.

With the removal of caps and the reliance on heavy and light attacks for sustain and damage, it became much more important to stack either stamina or magicka and their gear and weapons.

Compare this to Warden and Necromancer who were designed after the changes: they have a greater parity for their magicka and stamina builds. Most morphs still start off costing magicka, though.