The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PS4 Says not enough Memory for Update...

Technopium
Technopium
✭✭✭
Hey guys,
so I just got the update today but i have over 100 GB free space and the PS4 still says not enough space to update...
Not sure what to do, how much space does this update really need?
Thanks for the help!
Edited by ZOS_Mika on September 2, 2020 12:16PM
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The update is 40gb. But you also need enough space for the entire game because of how the ps4 updates its games.
    So you need to uninstall something to update I'm afraid :/
    PS | EU
  • Technopium
    Technopium
    ✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »
    The update is 40gb. But you also need enough space for the entire game because of how the ps4 updates its games.

Can i unistall tamriel unlimited, and then reinsert the disk to have it download again with the update?
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technopium wrote: »
    Jackey wrote: »

Can i unistall tamriel unlimited, and then reinsert the disk to have it download again with the update?

You'd still need more space
    PS | EU
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to do this with every update that eso releases. It's really annoying.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is the only game I have on the internal memory. Everything else is on an external drive.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO is the only game I have on the internal memory. Everything else is on an external drive.

I had to do the same for the very same space problems.

I'm confused, though. Wasn't the point of the code rewrite or whatever we had last year that meant we had to re-download the ENTIRE game supposed to make it so this wouldn't be a thing anymore? i.e. future updates going forward would be smaller and not count an entire game's worth of space against you when downloading/installing?
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You need free space to download and free space to unpack/install.

FYI, ESO is the only game that I have on the internal 500GB HD. Everything else is in the external HD.
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 2, 2020 11:39AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    I cleaned up my screen shots and videos and it was enough to let it download.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, clean up your ps4 if no space with eso only lol