The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade Ulti

Mobius0
Mobius0
✭✭✭
Is it just me or do our ults really suck?

I've been trying several and they just seem lackluster. Incap is meh....I've been using Dawnbreaker but it also seems pretty meh.

Rapid Fire seems alright, but my current build doesn't use a bow.

What are you guys using, and why?
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incap,Dawnbreaker, or onslaught, and soul siphon back bar.

Incap for most solo. Dbos for small scale and up, onslaught for stealth-ganks.

Soul siphon awesome. I usually wait till cc immune to pop it or when I want to go on the offense.

In the process of leveling psijic line for ulti.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobius0 wrote: »
    Is it just me or do our ults really suck?

I've been trying several and they just seem lackluster. Incap is meh....I've been using Dawnbreaker but it also seems pretty meh.

Rapid Fire seems alright, but my current build doesn't use a bow.

What are you guys using, and why?

Dawnbreaker is trash because it disapears and doesnt work. Incap is okay single target wise (if nb = burst high dps class, remove cast time), but nb brings nothing groupwise.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They used to be good back in the day, but yeah ZOS pretty much ruined it.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ults were great until they added cast times. Now you gotta spam buttons wasting cool downs hoping it goes off. Sad they had to ruin such great combat because people didn’t wanna learn the game mechanics.
    Edited by Sanctum74 on August 28, 2020 2:58AM
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always have soul siphon on, for the other bar either incap or ballista. Usually incap, but ballista makes for some entertaining ganks.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of them having cast time I wouldn't call the NB ultimates bad (consuming/bolstering darkness I could say isn't the best of ultimates however)
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap is great, but you need to know how and when to use it, otherwise it will get dodged 80% of the times. Is common for less experienced played to find ultimates like dawnbreaker or the bow ulti to be "better", but once you get better at the game, you realize how strong incap is.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap is a great ult, it's just held back by its ridiculous cast time.
  • Mobius0
    Mobius0
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a dark cloak build, what do you do about channel time?
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Incapacitating Strike for a quick 70 Ult cost (will also add "Reave" and add to crit rating with the Pressure Points passive). Cast time 0.4 seconds.

Rend (or Thrive in Chaos) for a big damage DoT with a 50% HoT added in (sort of like a fire-and-forget missile, hits all enemies in front of you). Cast time 0.5 seconds.

Toxic Barrage for Bow. Four seconds channel -- a heavy hitter. Can move at full speed while using it.
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget Incap adds 20% dmg for a couple of seconds. Incap into spectral bow absolutely devastates everything. If you offbalanced them before with surprise attack, it’s even better
    XBox One - NA
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nb ultis never work anymore [snip] Sometimes i see the animation, the toon says uhh and the targets also like appear to be hit, they go like arrgh, but the skill does not do any damage or stun and the ulti is not spend. Other times it doesn't even do that, nothing at all happens. [snip]

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 29, 2020 12:42PM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    Don’t forget Incap adds 20% dmg for a couple of seconds. Incap into spectral bow absolutely devastates everything. If you offbalanced them before with surprise attack, it’s even better

This combo with either minor beserk from camo hunter or minor venerability from ambush is an inatant RIP against most players, I’ve been hit on a tanky class for nearly 14k relentless focus with what I assume is a big balorgh proc.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something about a +/- .5 second cast time feels like lag. a . To me .4 seconds "feels" like the game glitched and the skill failed to fire.

It ruined every ultimate they put it on.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Swomp23 wrote: »

This combo with either minor beserk from camo hunter or minor venerability from ambush is an inatant RIP against most players, I’ve been hit on a tanky class for nearly 14k relentless focus with what I assume is a big balorgh proc.

On my stam DK got hit with 15k assassin's scourge plus 10k incap the other day. That's gotta hurt.

Incap is stronk
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Mobius0
    Mobius0
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of giving Thrive in Chaos a try. I've heard a lot of bad things about it, which makes me want to use it even more.

If I can't make it work, that means I can't thrive in chaos :P

Using it on battering rams sounds awesome, with that +damage boost.
    Edited by Mobius0 on September 1, 2020 3:13PM
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    the summary is simple zenimax does not want any more stam player on TESO, except if he plays with a 2H .
  • Mobius0
    Mobius0
    ✭✭✭
    I think DW is awesome and I think most people that think it's bad are doing it wrong.