Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fangs for Vampires

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if red eyes are a traditional Vampire feature, but fangs sure are. I would love if we could have fangs for all stages, but especially stages 3 and 4.
PCNA
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if red eyes are a traditional Vampire feature, but fangs sure are.

Depends on what myth or novel you consider being part of the tradition ;) Useless info:

About Dracula in Bram Stoker's original novel:
    "His appearance varies in age. He is described early in the novel as thin, with a long white mustache, pointed ears and sharp teeth. It is also noted later in the novel (Chapter 11 subsection "The Escaped Wolf") by a zookeeper who sees him that he has a hooked nose and a pointed beard with a streak of white in it. He is dressed all in black and has hair on his palms. Harker describes him as an old man, "cruel looking" and giving an effect of "extraordinary pallor". When angered, the Count shows his true bestial nature, his blue eyes flaming red."
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Dracula

Hair on palms -> vampire :D

On topic: Vampires definitively need fangs!
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your post was very interesting and informative, but please...

Let's leave the hairy palms for the Werewolves!
    PCNA
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get an Orc, make them a vampire. Viola
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to give vampires fangs ZOS needs to rework the entire vampire appearance from the ground up. Right now all the appearance is is just a skin. Unlike the other games there is no facial restructuring going on when you go from mortal to vampire.
    Edited by Vevvev on August 31, 2020 7:15PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    In order to give vampires fangs ZOS needs to rework the entire vampire appearance from the ground up. Right now all the appearance is is just a skin. Unlike the other games there is no facial restructuring going on when you go from mortal to vampire.

I don't want logic! I want fangs! ;)
    PCNA
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if red eyes are a traditional Vampire feature, but fangs sure are. I would love if we could have fangs for all stages, but especially stages 3 and 4.

Actually the appearance as it stands is quite appropriate as ZOS effectively defanged vampires with their recent re-vamp.
  • Swordancer
    Swordancer
    ✭✭✭
    I like classic Skyrim orange eyes. Vampires in ESO looks more like zoombie, junkie or witcher who drank too many potions.

Fangs are ok if you can see them only when somone talks. I mean I don't want NPC to look like an orc.
    Edited by Swordancer on August 31, 2020 8:16PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'm wondering how ESO vampires even bite without having fangs? Do they mash their victims to drink their blood?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm wondering how ESO vampires even bite without having fangs? Do they mash their victims to drink their blood?

Now you know why when you bite an NPC they die.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does kinda bother me that my vampires don't have fangs. Would love this added.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be that hard to add fangs, I think? They could make them like "minor adornments", just not optional, but automatically activated when you've become a vampire?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fangs are hot, they have my vote
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any vampires left to justify any changes?
    (after all the nerfs!)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When would they really be visible? I don't want teeth sticking out of my character's closed mouth. I would only like this if it were toggleable
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they could just barely show, slightly protruding past the top lip. Just enough so you know they are there.
    PCNA
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean eso vamp looks like a zombie/junkie already might as well give it some pointy chompers.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When would they really be visible?

Some of the feeding animations, and some emotes (eating, laughing...).

@Syldras | PC | EU
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There actually isn't any 'Traditional' vampire. Every writer who has ever created vampires for their work has Always had their own specific concept of its look, strengths, weaknesses and mannerisms.

:#
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I think of Vampires, I think of Bela Lugosi. And fangs.
    PCNA
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall where I heard this but someone was detailing that fangs wouldn't be a necessary evolutionary trait if vampires were real bc the human bite is powerful enough to rip flesh and we already have canine teeth to do exactly that.

But with that being said, I want them Fangs! lol
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fangs were for more than just biting. If I remember correctly, weren't they hollow and also used to suck up the blood like a straw? If not they should be!
    Edited by SilverBride on September 1, 2020 3:10PM
    PCNA
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I think of Vampires, I think of Bela Lugosi.

Either him or Nosferatu. Although I'd prefer vampires in ESO not to look like the latter ;)
    Radiance wrote: »
    I don't recall where I heard this but someone was detailing that fangs wouldn't be a necessary evolutionary trait if vampires were real bc the human bite is powerful enough to rip flesh and we already have canine teeth to do exactly that.

Of course you could, with normal human teeth, bite people until they bleed. Still, something pointier would be more effective than gnawing on someones neck for minutes.
    @Syldras | PC | EU