The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pathing is AMAZING!!

chuck-18_ESO
chuck-18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
It's really just wonderful. My garden, with all my flying bugs and critters moving around, has never felt so alive! Seeing my cat pets chase each other around my home is an absolute joy. I've set my banekin up reshelving books in my library, and it's so awesome to watch him running around, hard at work!!!

Seriously, this is the coolest feature to be added in ages! Thank you, ZOS! ezohko6a2svf.png
The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have my little Chug-Bug (Razak's Opus) doing guard rounds around Mistveil Manor... And, like an idiot, I spent something like half an hour just following him around.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    I have my little Chug-Bug (Razak's Opus) doing guard rounds around Mistveil Manor... And, like an idiot, I spent something like half an hour just following him around.

Don't feel bad, I sat in my garden watching all my moths fly around for probably just as long! :D

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
  • LadySilvie
    LadySilvie
    ✭✭
    I spent about 3 hours last night hitting the max number of movement nodes per collectible last night in every house. Definitely lots of fun and makes my houses cooler!

I was pleased that it isnt too jarring to see my cats getting on and off beds and whatnot. They fall off the edges or pop up but they don't weirdly arc or anything haha.

Now i just want to be able to go up and pet them or also lay on the bed haha.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I spent an embarrassing amount of time pathing all my goats to run around the yard and eat grass at Mistveil. They all had to have different patterns because reasons!
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested Pathing on the PTS server and loved it! Truly, I never thought we would get this ....ever! Thank you to the developers that worked on this...you made it simple to use and so enjoyable!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not heard of this but sounds so fun !
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came to the forum to thank ZOS for this feature today too. I am tickled with it. I spent an inordinate amount of time yesterday pathing my three nixads around the faerie forest I turned my Hunter's Glade into, and then giving my moth cluster a tour of all the light fixtures, and building logical home paths for a cat and a baby griffin, a patrolling dwarven spider mount, and I have tons more to do. Not only is it super fun and the results very satisfying but the interface is GREAT, so easy to figure out and once you have the controls down it gets quick. It wasn't even a problem figuring out what to do when I accidentally put a bunch of nodes under ground level (it gets weird over/in water).

One issue I have noticed is that mounts lose their movement noise and in some cases their markings--my Blue Chroma dwarven spider is presently running around without its blue markings. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Shadowspawn42
    Shadowspawn42
    ✭✭✭
    Argh I’m so jealous!!! PC users always get the cool stuff first :(
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argh I’m so jealous!!! PC users always get the cool stuff first :(

We also get the bugs first! :)
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    @chuck-18_ESO what home is that? I don't recognize it, looks like something I'd like to use one day.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This worked out better than I thought it would. I did encounter a bug where I set my banker to random first and he wouldn't return to ping pong mode, but with 30 nodes per collectable, I was able to fix it by creating a loop instead.

I was also able to create a "zoomie" effect for a cat by setting it to random and varying the speed of each node. Now instead of appearing to walk on air, he looks like he jumps the one gap he crosses.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phanex wrote: »
    @chuck-18_ESO what home is that? I don't recognize it, looks like something I'd like to use one day.

It's actually an underground Ayleid ruin I custom built myself! :smiley:

• kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, my crazy wonderful cat-loving main can have a livelier home! :blush: So happy!
    And, if I really wanted... I could make characters run through walls and into the air. I'm actually kinda of glad they left it like that. :D

And now.. the joke I make about the snow leopard jumping onto the table to steal food makes sense. <3
    Edited by kadochka on August 27, 2020 12:31AM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have mixed feelings.

Cannot manage to create a normal path for my dragons:
    -They mostly fly like plane without moving wings. Most horrific if there are corners in the path...
    -And if they are moving wings it looks like ithey are swimming in water (slow and heavily)
    -And if the ground is not plain (fence, stone, stairs) dragon will just start "jumping" up and down during the flight. (like it's flying to the fence - teleports up - fly over fence - teleports down - follow the path...)

I cannot create anything "normal" then a circle around house, but it looks stupid and boring, any tips how to deal with them? 😕

And the second speed option looks strange for me. I thought (from its name) that it would be like walking but moving paws quicker, but that looks like galloping is slow-mo. Looks oddly... (tested on wolf and it was just moving around with big jumps. Sloooow big jumps. Unnatural jumps. ) Cannot find where to use that speed for now.

Like the idea but can't really make it working ideally for pets I wanted it to work... 😔
    Edited by Ratinira on August 27, 2020 8:30AM
  • Slyclone
    Slyclone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this idea also. Thanks ZOS. Opens up some serious possibilities.
    That's it, that's all.
  • Sir Tanks a lot
    Sir Tanks a lot
    ✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    Finally, my crazy wonderful cat-loving main can have a livelier home! :blush: So happy!
    And, if I really wanted... I could make characters run through walls and into the air. I'm actually kinda of glad they left it like that. :D

Same here. It gives us creative freedom really. o:)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really just wonderful. My garden, with all my flying bugs and critters moving around, has never felt so alive! Seeing my cat pets chase each other around my home is an absolute joy. I've set my banekin up reshelving books in my library, and it's so awesome to watch him running around, hard at work!!!

Seriously, this is the coolest feature to be added in ages! Thank you, ZOS! ezohko6a2svf.png

I like it too.

At first I thought it seemed like a rather useless feature when reading about it. But I've been having way more fun then I shall admit making my banekins scurry around my sanctuary and then treasure dive into my treasure trove.

Hopefully they'll add some new animations you can use to make their routine a little more dynamic in the future.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Have mixed feelings.

Cannot manage to create a normal path for my dragons:
    -They mostly fly like plane without moving wings. Most horrific if there are corners in the path...
    -And if they are moving wings it looks like ithey are swimming in water (slow and heavily)
    -And if the ground is not plain (fence, stone, stairs) dragon will just start "jumping" up and down during the flight. (like it's flying to the fence - teleports up - fly over fence - teleports down - follow the path...)

I cannot create anything "normal" then a circle around house, but it looks stupid and boring, any tips how to deal with them? 😕

And the second speed option looks strange for me. I thought (from its name) that it would be like walking but moving paws quicker, but that looks like galloping is slow-mo. Looks oddly... (tested on wolf and it was just moving around with big jumps. Sloooow big jumps. Unnatural jumps. ) Cannot find where to use that speed for now.

Like the idea but can't really make it working ideally for pets I wanted it to work... 😔

Yeah, flying paths often don't path correctly - especially the dragons. I don't use those pets because of that The ground pets seem to work good though.
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    This one too is most impressed with the outcome of pathing.
    He has mentioned over the years how much life this would bring to our homes.
    This one thanks all those whose work brought it into Tamreality.

...Tamreality is too a word!

Heheh.
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's wonderful! <3

I've got more than 30 houses so I have a lot of work to do!
    Houses are more alive and it's a pleasure to visit them again and again!

Thanks for this ZOS!