The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gap closer skills not working in BGs, Cyrodiil and Imperial City!

Exidem
Exidem
Soul Shriven
Since Stonethorn patch released I have been experiencing severe problems using gap closer skills (specifically Ferocious Leap) in IC and Bgs, and have heard other players regularly complaining about their skills (Ambush, Crit Rush etc) not working either.

The skills are equipped but are blacked out as if they have no target, and when pressing them it says 'Target not in range' even when you're clearly next to them. I've had limited success removing the skill from my bar and then replacing it or zoning out and in again, but that only works some of the time and usually the bug returns within minutes.

The bug doesn't seem to be local to any specific area of the map and can occur at any time during fights or even just on zoning in, and when the bug occurs the range of the ability is removed from the tooltip and just shows a blank spot where it used to display range.
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to leave 1/3 of my battlegrounds because of this bug
    there is no way to fix it , in imperial city if you change districts it will fix temporarily but in bg you just have to leave .
    gap closers also work with a delay and sometimes animations cancel and it wont fire off for no reason .
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, I get gapclosed spammed pretty regularly in every bg.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was creating one more new thread about this bug really necessary?

Anyway, I saw a workaround somewhere suggesting leaving safe blue glow area before slotting gap closers. Something with it removing range and not giving it back.

Edit: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6930314#Comment_6930314
    Edited by Nairinhe on September 1, 2020 1:36PM