The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scrolls in Cyrodiil reset overnight

Beardimus
Beardimus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can't find my previous thread, but I asked the above. I got mixed messages with majority thinking they didn't reset.

They do.

Might not be noticable on busy campaigns , I've been running in noCP and three nights rolling maps been Red, have all the scrolls, wake up and scrolls are back in temples.

And no the map has not been flipped back and forth. How do I know, because the campaign scores or people's scores don't reflect it, and I didn't loose Emperor.

For sure on quiet campaigns at least they return to their temples between 12:00 & 7am BST.

Intruiged to hear anyone else thinking same
Xbox One | EU | EP
Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
Alts - - for the Lolz
Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember your other post about this. When in an argument, and EVERYONE disagrees with you, you may want to reconsider your conclusion.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Can't find my previous thread, but I asked the above. I got mixed messages with majority thinking they didn't reset.

They do.

Might not be noticable on busy campaigns , I've been running in noCP and three nights rolling maps been Red, have all the scrolls, wake up and scrolls are back in temples.

And no the map has not been flipped back and forth. How do I know, because the campaign scores or people's scores don't reflect it, and I didn't loose Emperor.

For sure on quiet campaigns at least they return to their temples between 12:00 & 7am BST.

you know that you dont have to flip the entire map to get back your scrolls tho?
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a scroll reset once everyone was kicked from the server and when we logged back in it was at the temple.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scrolls reset when there is a server rollback. It used to happen so frequently (late 2014-early 2015) that we called them “scrollbacks”. They also start in the temples at the start of a new “season” when the current campaign names are retired and new ones are created.

Outside of that scrolls do not automatically return to the temples. They don’t return overnight, they don’t return at the campaign end, they do not reset in a house, they do not reset with a mouse. They do not reset here or there. They do not reset anywhere.

In all of my years since beta of spending more time in cyrodiil than all other game maps combined, I assure you that you are mistaken about this.

Edit to add one other scenario. If someone picks up a scroll from a temple or keep it starts a 1 hour timer. If that scroll isn’t placed within an hour it will return to wherever it was before being picked up. It you drop a scroll and no one picks it up (let’s say Slaughterfish water or Chorral lava) it has a 5-min timer to return to where it was last.
    Edited by Reverb on August 30, 2020 4:21PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I remember your other post about this. When in an argument, and EVERYONE disagrees with you, you may want to reconsider your conclusion.

I could, but there isn't much explanation for what I'm seeing..

I get it, I get folks don't think it happens. But also how many folks play in.the quieter camps. Main
    Camp I would have no way to stand by what I'm saying, and I'm sure ALL the people disagreeing beleive what they are saying. And I'm sure if they play on gray host what I'm saying sounds mad.

In context however Ravenwatch for me is very quiet. The same groups play and I know from being up late and checking the map in the morning they haven't been on.

I'll keep saying it until someone gives me a plausible counter argument for what I'm seeing, and have seen previous campaigns.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

They do.

you know that you dont have to flip the entire map to get back your scrolls tho?

I do. And as a side point I'm a big fan of faction lock etc because of all the shandy stuff that goes on with scrolls. However

A there is no way folks have specifically gone and flipped a keep for a scroll AND others have come and flipped it back. And those players not be on the leaderboard (why care about scrolls in a quiet camp if you aren't in the running)

B the other two factions are keen for Emperor. And at times their scrolls have been at BRK, Arrius and Chal. I guarantee you no one has been bothered to flip three Emp keeps on the far side of the map to the NOT both taking Emp

I hear you, but not plausable.
    Edited by Beardimus on August 30, 2020 4:40PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Scrolls reset when there is a server rollback. It used to happen so frequently (late 2014-early 2015) that we called them “scrollbacks”. They also start in the temples at the start of a new “season” when the current campaign names are retired and new ones are created.

Outside of that scrolls do not automatically return to the temples. They don’t return overnight, they don’t return at the campaign end, they do not reset in a house, they do not reset with a mouse. They do not reset here or there. They do not reset anywhere.

In all of my years since beta of spending more time in cyrodiil than all other game maps combined, I assure you that you are mistaken about this.

Edit to add one other scenario. If someone picks up a scroll from a temple or keep it starts a 1 hour timer. If that scroll isn’t placed within an hour it will return to wherever it was before being picked up. It you drop a scroll and no one picks it up (let’s say Slaughterfish water or Chorral lava) it has a 5-min timer to return to where it was last.

Thx..

Know about the 1hr as generally use scrolls to encourage people into a fight and seen it happen.

I May well be mistaken, but I'm yet see something that explains what happens.

Put of interest which campaign you play consistently? One with low enough pop you would notice?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get it, I get folks don't think it happens. But also how many folks play in.the quieter camps. Main
    Camp I would have no way to stand by what I'm saying, and I'm sure ALL the people disagreeing beleive what they are saying. And I'm sure if they play on gray host what I'm saying sounds mad.

In context however Ravenwatch for me is very quiet. The same groups play and I know from being up late and checking the map in the morning they haven't been on.

I'll keep saying it until someone gives me a plausible counter argument for what I'm seeing, and have seen previous campaigns.

I play on both Gray Host and Blackreach. What is happening is, people get the scrolls then switch to their alt and get the scrolls back before going back to their mains. Their alts may not even be homed there so their PvP ranking won't even show up on the leader boards. When the campaign is empty, a small group can just trade scrolls back and forth without flipping many keeps or even flipping any.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play on both Gray Host and Blackreach. What is happening is, people get the scrolls then switch to their alt and get the scrolls back before going back to their mains. Their alts may not even be homed there so their PvP ranking won't even show up on the leader boards. When the campaign is empty, a small group can just trade scrolls back and forth without flipping many keeps or even flipping any.

I mean I'm all for blaming nefarious types, I've been pretty outspoken on this forum of the stuff that goes on in Cyrodiil (which most people say doesn't happen lol) from boosting to Emp trading to nefarious use of faction hop.

However I legit can't see folks being that fussed on having scrolls, and the bordom of schlepping them across the map.

Example, even when the map has been flipped our scrolls have been left. I fine it very odd, that nightly, on a campaign with a small number of players interested in it, that nightly there are a group of players bothered enough to do what you say. Yet not bother to take anything or get themselves Emp.

Possible, for sure. Just unsure it's plausable anyone could be bothered.

However 2 things

1. once a scroll is placed I don't think you can pick it up can you? Pretty sure once it's placed you can't touch it. Thus keep would need to be breached, and taken / flipped back or repaired (again, really..they gunna bother?)

2. This was happening when faction lock was on as well. To do as you describe would need to be some pretty commited spie types lol.

Open to it as a possibility for sure, not denying it. But in context which it's hard to relay here and be brief just think it's odd..

Again last night, on till past midnight. Checked early doors. Map all red, DC and AD scrolls returned. Alliance score consistent with stuff remaining red.

Man, if I had the energy id stay up all night and film it when it happens to prove / disprove my theory (but really am not that bothered lol) actually just hoping if I keep this thread going @ZOS_BrianWheeler will come along and say yeah on xxxx criteria the Scrolls reset to generate some action. Lol

Put me out my misery Brian one way or another ;) and save folks reading my rambles..
    Edited by Beardimus on September 1, 2020 12:52PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz