The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How much minor force impacts on the dps?

Icaruzs
Icaruzs
✭✭✭
I rly do not want to use that on my build (no room for it on my bar) and medusa for a magicka toons takes so much time to farm and change traits.

In the bigger picture minor force rly matters if you are not a necro? (They can get 100% crit, so it's a flat 10% dmg on execute phase, assuming that mag necros doesnt have an execute this might be usefull).

Not talking about dummy parses that are unrealistics (because in vet content you are not attacking an immovable target saving excessions), but in the overall dps for dungeons and trials how much would i lose in a percentage for not using minor force? My actual crit chance is like 60% to 69% (swaping sets)

My parse in a trial dummy is 70k, and in actual trials 50k (mag sorc)

I heard it's less than 3% of the total dps is that true?

If someone can help with this question i will be glad
Edited by Icaruzs on September 1, 2020 3:27AM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My snarky answer is to lobby ZOS to buff Twilight Remedy's Minor Force to 20 seconds and then get your group Healers to wear it.

I think that most players would love to drop trap/Channeled from their bars if they had the opportunity to do so.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My snarky answer is to lobby ZOS to buff Twilight Remedy's Minor Force to 20 seconds and then get your group Healers to wear it.

I think that most players would love to drop trap/Channeled from their bars if they had the opportunity to do so.

No, the answer to that is not to get rid of minor force on abilities, the answer is to make sets like thozwin.

And minor force is a considerable dps increase, especially with high crit.
    Edited by JinMori on August 31, 2020 11:30PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I, and most everyone that I know, would rather just drop it from my bars.

Using Trap is a meme on a Magicka character when you actually think about it in RPG terms (a wise, powerful mage resorting to using a bear trap to help them, LMAO) and I don't think that anyone has ever used Channeled and though "Wow, this is such a fun skill to use!"

ZOS is almost there with the recent Twilight changes. One or two more patches and hopefully they will see the light.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Using Trap is a meme on a Magicka character when you actually think about it in RPG terms (a wise, powerful mage resorting to using a bear trap to help them, LMAO) and I don't think that anyone has ever used Channeled and though "Wow, this is such a fun skill to use!"

ZOS is almost there with the recent Twilight changes. One or two more patches and hopefully they will see the light.

Oh ok, so you have a problem with trap specifically, yea, i made a suggestion some time ago about making fire rune the equivalent to trap for mage's guild. Seems like they didn't take the advise...
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I’ve got the trap when I’m in groups and the channeled accel when solo. I would prefer to use neither to be honest. At least my mag toons are forced to play in melee so the trap almost makes sense. Channeled you set it and forget it. Or reup it during certain boss phases where you can’t stand in the red circle of death anyway.

I find the psijic abilities awkward to use. I also use elemental weapons which hits like a truck when stacked with set bonuses and maelstrom backbar but how can something be so awkward to weave? I guess that’s the price you have to pay for The power of their abilities.
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

No, the answer to that is not to get rid of minor force on abilities, the answer is to make sets like thozwin.

how much are we talking in % of the total dps.

What would be this considerable dps increase?
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icaruzs wrote: »
    JinMori wrote: »

how much are we talking in % of the total dps.

What would be this considerable dps increase?

That depends on your crit chance, but more than 3%, that's for sure.
    Edited by JinMori on September 1, 2020 1:25AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Icaruzs wrote: »
    I rly do not want to use that on my build (no room for it on my bar) and medusa for a magicka toons takes so much time to farm and change traits.

In the bigger picture minor force rly matters if you are not a necro? (They can get 100% crit, so it's a flat 10% dmg on execute phase, assuming that mag necros dont have an execute that can be usefull).

Not talking about dummy parses that are unrealistics (because in vet content you are not attacking an immovable target saving excessions), but in the overall dps for dungeons and trials how much would i lose in a percentage for not using minor force? My actual crit chance is like 60% to 69% (swaping sets)

My parse in a trial dummy is 70k, and in actual trials 50k (mag sorc)

I heard it's less than 3% of the total dps is that true?

If someone can help with this question i will be glad

Here's how to calculate it accurately enough.

Damage = NonCritDamage * (1 + CritChance * CritDamage).

Based on that, the fractional increase to your DPS from increasing your CritDamage is

(CritDamageNew - CritDamageOld) * CritChance /(1 + CritChance * CritDamageOld)

And the first term is 10%, because you're adding Minor Force.

So, for example, if your CritChance is 60% and your old CritDamage is 60% as well, then the DPS increase from adding Minor Force will be 6%/1.36, whatever that works out to be (somewhere between 4 and 5%).

Oversimplifications in the above start:
    • It glosses over the fact that these are probabilistic expected values.
    • It is written as if the numbers in question never change during a fight.