Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase—September 2020"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
ahax3wc4m947.png

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Crown Store Showcase—September 2020"

Become a warrior of Kyne with a great selection of new and returning weapon and armor styles (and more) all coming to the Crown Store in September!
Staff Post
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant read the article, has no content
    If I use the link provided here it however does open up

Edited by marius_buys on August 31, 2020 2:20PM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant read the article, has no content
    If I use the link provided here it however does open up

You might be cached. Does the issue still occur if you switch to another language?
    Staff Post
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soooo... No other events in September, means that we are most likely getting:
    1. Season's event like Summerfall/Dragon Rise around the first half of October
    2. Witches traditionally late October - early November
    3. New Life in the second half of December
    That leaves about a half of November and a half of December for some Q4 DLC event (most likely season's) or Orsinium. Or something. If my calculations are correct and assuming that if there was another event in September it would've been mentioned in showcase.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing except nocturnal bow.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wonder how much Stillwater's gonna cost.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker could you, please, clarify: article says Greymoor motif pages "have a chance to drop", not that they will start to drop on September 23. Is motif already available from dailies?

Also a question for forum goers, btw: does decon already yield the style material?
  • SLEDGEHAMMER_X
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »

ditto. crowns or ingame gold?
    Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still disappointed though that we're not getting any of the old PTS/NPC hairstyles though. Would hope that they're inbound eventually. Also a lot of Crown Gem exclusives this round...

And it's strange that we haven't heard anything about the Q4 DLC yet, when it should be going up on PTS by mid September if it's still releasing around the end of October/early November.
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker could you, please, clarify: article says Greymoor motif pages "have a chance to drop", not that they will start to drop on September 23. Is motif already available from dailies?

Also a question for forum goers, btw: does decon already yield the style material?

Yes, you can already get Bat Oil. You can also already get Sea Snake Fang from the gear from Kyne's Aegis.

The motif pages for both are already dropping, but the drop rates are really low. KA is dropping at a bit higher of a rate, but the trials are buggy right now so they're not around much, but the Greymoor has an absolutely miniscule drop rate for a once-a-day quest. Most of the pages you see on guild traders are above 500k.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on August 31, 2020 3:35PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing really interesting this month except for the house... Would be nice if we could at least buy unusable haistyles (like Velsa's for example) or something like that.
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »

Well, Moon Sugar Meadow is 6k and that house with a portal to Hircine's realm was 8k I think. So it's probably gonna be around this range.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still disappointed though that we're not getting any of the old PTS/NPC hairstyles though. Would hope that they're inbound eventually. Also a lot of Crown Gem exclusives this round...

And it's strange that we haven't heard anything about the Q4 DLC yet, when it should be going up on PTS by mid September if it's still releasing around the end of October/early November.

Yes, you can already get Bat Oil. You can also already get Sea Snake Fang from the gear from Kyne's Aegis.

The motif pages for both are already dropping, but the drop rates are really low. KA is dropping at a bit higher of a rate, but the trials are buggy right now so they're not around much, but the Greymoor has an absolutely miniscule drop rate for a once-a-day quest. Most of the pages you see on guild traders are above 500k.

Thanks a lot! I saw TTC listings for pages but I've heard that they dropped only from psijic portals.
    Also - yay! - I can finally decon that metric ton of gear.

As for Q4, on PC it seems to drop around October 20-ish, say it's Monday, 19th, this makes... this makes me realise I've no idea if PTS 5 of 6 weeks now :( Also Greymoor released around a week later than it should, but devs said that they lost about a week with pandemic stuff, so, maybe, we can hope, that they caught up by now. So it's, like, 7th of 14th for PTS then? Not much time for announcements.
    Edited by Nairinhe on August 31, 2020 3:57PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was thinking of getting the gem mount but put off that those that got all those crowns in the crowngate issue will have gems to buy it as well
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No houseguests at all this month?

This one is waiting for some of these as she does not wish to use up all of her suitable slots with other things while sorting out her pathing her and there.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No houseguests at all this month?

This one is waiting for some of these as she does not wish to use up all of her suitable slots with other things while sorting out her pathing her and there.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me.
    9YLl4Ia.png
    GIVE US SEREYNE PLEASE. <3
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]
    And still not a reason to be rude.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 31, 2020 4:52PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks a lot! I saw TTC listings for pages but I've heard that they dropped only from psijic portals.

Ah, I didn't know about the Psijic Portals. Maybe that explains why the drop rate is so bad if they're only dropping from the portals and not from the quest. It does seem weird that I've done a bunch over the past week on a few characters, and I didn't get a single motif...but I did get a handful of Solitude furnishings.

Hopefully when the motif hits the store they'll drop more readily from the quest reward container.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]

Not gambling when you can get 60k-100k free crowns
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 31, 2020 4:53PM
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im pretty disgusted they are releasing crown gem exclusives...

So many of us have been speaking to this, while others keep defending crown crates: More and more items will get locked behind crates, until no good content is available just for crowns. And now they have reached a new level... are these gem exclusive items even available in crates? Too my understanding, you don't even have a chance at obtaining this mount from crates, you just have to buy crates to get gems.

ESO is heading down a dark path... Performance issues get worse every update, more and more items are only obtained by gambling...

And to the usuals... it matters not your definition of gambling. Having to spend in game resources, regardless of how you obtained them, for a CHANCE to unlock content is scummy. Greedy. Dishonest. Manipulative. Should I go on?
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When is the "Lost Treasure of Skyrim" event gonna happen?
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Pandorii
      Pandorii
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Surprised by how little new stuff there is. They're just bringing back a few items that have been there before.

As someone looking to get a nice mount that fits my character's aesthetic (currently using the black horse that can be purchased for 42k), I am so disappointed. My choices are: a. generic basic mounts: bear, camel, lion, etc. b. ugly niche zombie mounts via apex rewards, if lucky c. collector edition mounts, or d. the NEW shadow mount that is purchased only via gems. There's really not much choice when it comes down to it, all for the sake of getting more crown crate sells, I guess.

Can't you at least bring in more old repeats to offer variety? I'd love the basic black senche.
    • Jaimeh
      Jaimeh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You have to admire the way we are eased into things: first crown crates, then gem exclusive items, then three gem exclusive items in one showcase... remember when we used to buy things just with crowns? And yes, there needs to be a sink for surplus gems since the crates system are designed in that way, but usually gem exclusive items are unique looking, and it's a pity not to have the option to buy them with crowns as well (directly, I mean).
    • Radiance
      Radiance
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This Crown Crate/ Gem nonsense has gone too far and I don't personally even want any of the Gem exclusive items listed...

With as many complaints that are made about this abusive practice, I didn't expect them to ease but I suppose I'm naive for thinking they couldn't get any worse.

Your marketing department or higher ups, whomever makes these decisions should be ashamed of themselves.
    • Nairinhe
      Nairinhe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I've gave in and bought first pocket watcher when it had discount, so I've lost my right to run around yelling about how terrible this practice is :(
      Still terrible. Also expecting more of this crap after ppl got tons of free crowns and nothing was done.
      Edited by Nairinhe on September 1, 2020 10:48AM
    • MornaBaine
      MornaBaine
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Super disappointing month. No house guests, no new costumes, no new hairstyles, literally not a single thing I actually want.
      Please get more inventive with the furniture packs. I'm woefully tired of entire furnishing packs dedicated to this or that Prince or Aedra. Garden, kitchen, library, livingroom, bathroom and bedroom packs would sure be nice. Especially for the Vampiric furnishings since you've once again made an entire category of furnishings ridiculously difficult to obtain. More statuary would be great. Tapestries and paintings would be lovely so long as they are NEW. So an art pack with the longed for easel would sure be nice!

AND FOR THE LOVE OF THE DIVINES GIVE US A HAIR COLOR UNLOCK IN THE CROWN STORE SO WE CAN HAVE ALL HAIR COLORS FOR ALL RACES! IN A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC YOU'D THINK PEOPLE WOULD HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW TO CHANGE THEIR HAIR COLOR BY NOW!

• Scion_of_Yggdrasil
      Scion_of_Yggdrasil
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MornaBaine wrote: »
      Super disappointing month. No house guests, no new costumes, no new hairstyles, literally not a single thing I actually want.
      Please get more inventive with the furniture packs. I'm woefully tired of entire furnishing packs dedicated to this or that Prince or Aedra. Garden, kitchen, library, livingroom, bathroom and bedroom packs would sure be nice. Especially for the Vampiric furnishings since you've once again made an entire category of furnishings ridiculously difficult to obtain. More statuary would be great. Tapestries and paintings would be lovely so long as they are NEW. So an art pack with the longed for easel would sure be nice!

AND FOR THE LOVE OF THE DIVINES GIVE US A HAIR COLOR UNLOCK IN THE CROWN STORE SO WE CAN HAVE ALL HAIR COLORS FOR ALL RACES! IN A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC YOU'D THINK PEOPLE WOULD HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW TO CHANGE THEIR HAIR COLOR BY NOW!

I was so distracted by their dishonorable choice to employ gem exclusive items, that I completely forgot about pathing and house guests! Is it still PTS? Is it released on PC servers? Seriously, when can we expect it?

And the very least they could do to offset the unfair advantage some players got (free crown scandal) is distribute apology crowns to all other players. Its very common for MMOs to offer free gifts after unexpected maintenance and/or when they discover new bugs.
    • Lapin_Logic
      Lapin_Logic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The 2 main NEW items are Crown Gem Exclusives?????

This showcase is terrible, two 5 year old costume packs, the only thing in "Mounts" is 'Surprise, Durzog again for a month' just because the DLC spans a week and a day release due to certification.

There are endless things to offer us, from unreleased hair packs to the much longed for "Hair Dye pack", there are a million ESO critters to be made into Mounts instead of endless camels.

Anyway none of this solves the issue of there being no way to buy crown Gems without buying Crown Crates of a season I have no interest in obtaining (Paletteswap Bat pet I already own and a Bear/Guar/different wolf duplicate of the Collectors bundle Death Hound I Own), then inevitably having to buy a Second load of crates to be able to decon the duplicates of the things I didn't want 1 of in the first place because the potions and meals barely give any gems.

So that Skin changes from a normally £7 Crowns purchase into a £50 Crowns purchase... More than the base game plus chapter, think I will pass on that "Exclusive" but Hey, at least my ESO+ exclusive of yet another trash statue I won't bother putting in my lavishly decorated 15kC homes is waiting for me for free...

I am feeling less and less respected as a customer and Fan with the direction of the Crown store, I am a Mega Whale and will GLADLY spend even the 15000 Crowns multiple times on an item as long as I am buying them 'A la Carte' without hidden costs or the RNG of deconning crown crates that just make me feel (and actually am) I'm being wasteful and stupid.

You want to do something for ESO+ players? How about putting Crown Gem Exclusives for sale for Crowns as an ESO+ or just make Gems Purchasable or the store (including crown crate contents) A la Carte Crown purchases so we don't feel treated as fools.
    • BaiterOfZergs
      BaiterOfZergs
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The best thing is a crown gem exclusive. I guess spending no money is better than spending money?
      Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    • ArchangelIsraphel
      ArchangelIsraphel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I find it rather strange and concerning that the houseguests have not been released with the introduction of the pathing system. Normally, a company would bring out the prime sales target with a new system like that, to maximize revenue on it while the hype is still hot...and yet they aren't. Instead the store is filled with old, recycled items and recolors...what's going on?
      Legends never die
      They're written down in eternity
      But you'll never see the price it costs
      The scars collected all their lives
      When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
      Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
      Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
      Legends never die
    • waswar292
      waswar292
      ✭✭

This showcase is terrible, two 5 year old costume packs, the only thing in "Mounts" is 'Surprise, Durzog again for a month' just because the DLC spans a week and a day release due to certification.

There are endless things to offer us, from unreleased hair packs to the much longed for "Hair Dye pack", there are a million ESO critters to be made into Mounts instead of endless camels.

This is what so greatly annoys me with these showcases.

Last year had some astounding things shown. There's been times where I accidentally opened up the 2019 version of a monthly showcase, and I scroll down and am astounded. 2020 has been terrible in both showcases, and the actual daily rewards: I don't know what their problem is.

To make matters worse, there's still several simple things that were on the Crown Store that were removed, such as the Subtle Dark Lashes, which look a lot better and more natural than the "dark emphasis eyelashes", not to mention all the hairs and designs that were in old Crown Crates that they for some reason won't bring back.

It's rather ridiculous. I only care about a few mounts and they're all stuck in Crown Crate RNG, since 90% of the mounts on the store are either uninspiring or just cartoony nonsense. I don't know why it's so hard for them to release decent personalities(especially for more than a week at a time), new hairs, subtle makeup, and outfits that aren't either non-fitting, or rehashes of old armor put together (the Imperial crap).
    • MornaBaine
      MornaBaine
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      waswar292 wrote: »

This is what so greatly annoys me with these showcases.

Last year had some astounding things shown. There's been times where I accidentally opened up the 2019 version of a monthly showcase, and I scroll down and am astounded. 2020 has been terrible in both showcases, and the actual daily rewards: I don't know what their problem is.

To make matters worse, there's still several simple things that were on the Crown Store that were removed, such as the Subtle Dark Lashes, which look a lot better and more natural than the "dark emphasis eyelashes", not to mention all the hairs and designs that were in old Crown Crates that they for some reason won't bring back.

It's rather ridiculous. I only care about a few mounts and they're all stuck in Crown Crate RNG, since 90% of the mounts on the store are either uninspiring or just cartoony nonsense. I don't know why it's so hard for them to release decent personalities(especially for more than a week at a time), new hairs, subtle makeup, and outfits that aren't either non-fitting, or rehashes of old armor put together (the Imperial crap).

So ALL of this! I am astonished by how bad things have gotten but I guess I shouldn't be. It's incredibly disappointing though.

• MornaBaine
      MornaBaine
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hey ZOS, wow us in October okay? It's not like you don't HAVE the assets we're asking for. And it's not like we're asking for them for free. I've heard you guys like money. And yet... you keep making it so easy not to spend it with you.