Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU server 5 second delays and crashing

synnerman
synnerman
✭✭✭✭
Im in Kenarthi's Roost harvesting and have constant lag spike of 5-10 secs. I have now crashed 5 times. What on earth is going on with server performance ? I logged into another char in Craglorn and same there. I have just tested my connection and speed locally 9ms ping 221mbps down 21mbps up. Do something ZoS
  • Calgrin
    Calgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Logged on to see my ping was 999+ doing writs, amazing.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing on ps4. Load screens causing to dismount in Auridon and Rift.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now unable to load character on ps4
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calgrin wrote: »
    Logged on to see my ping was 999+ doing writs, amazing.

This just adds some additional challenge for doing writs, you could think it as some higher difficulty level for writs and it's set permanently on zenihard by default!
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XB1 EU - I've been disconnected from the server 10 times in the past half-hour alone.
  • Concrete
    Concrete
    ✭✭✭
    Same.
    Thought it was just cyro (which is normal) but it is worse than normal today.
    Crashed 3 times in craglorn, twice in western skyrim.

Whole game virtually unplayable
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this time they can't blame it on CenturyLink outages. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lag today is disgusting!
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Well, this time they can't blame it on CenturyLink outages. :smile:

Something was already terribly wrong before that company had an outage, U27 has major delay bugs.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same eu pc - massive ping and game keeps logging out
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    Logged out multiple times, cannot collect Wood and other stuff.
    Harvesting ignoring my quick harvesting.
    Cannot Run.
    What is wrong with ESO?
    Malborn
    PC-EU
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they put the 3 second cool down on everything by accident?
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    XB1 EU - I've been disconnected from the server 10 times in the past half-hour alone.

I just switched to Xbox, having found doing my daily writs on PC/EU dreadful. Turns out I can't even collect my writs on Xbox... or open doors, apparently.

WTH is going on?
    Edited by GenjiraX on August 31, 2020 2:09PM
  • ElderBear
    ElderBear
    Any issues on NA servers?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, if you are able to can you follow the instructions in this article and post the results? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30903/

It can help us look for similarities between users since this is happening on multiple platforms.
    Staff Post
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    The lag today is disgusting!

Today's disgusting is tomorrow's fun!
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, if you are able to can you follow the instructions in this article and post the results? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30903/

It can help us look for similarities between users since this is happening on multiple platforms.

How does that apply to Xbox?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElderDog wrote: »
    Any issues on NA servers?

Not for me PC NA, PC EU. Then again, I had no issues yesterday, as HughesNet (my only available connection) doesn't route me through Century Link. Thankfully.
  • greybear
    greybear
    Soul Shriven
    Same doing dolmen grind and dailies been dc’d near ten times now u know when it’s gonna happen as cannot bar swap skills won’t go off and cannot loot anything then BAM back to title screen where u attempt to log in but says u already are logged in 😂
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malborn66 wrote: »
    What is wrong with ESO?

Nothing wrong with ESO, it works exactly as it's managed.

• robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »

I was just about to say something sarcastic about that too, but this will do.
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today, starting at approximately 10:03 UTC, a misconfiguration at a major external network provider caused connectivity disruptions across the Internet. These disruptions impacted the operations of many service providers, including Cloudflare. Cloudflare’s systems routed around the problem, however, some Internet properties that use Cloudflare saw increased error rates during the impact period despite our mitigations.

During this period we saw traffic drop by about 3.5% across our network as well as an increase in HTTP errors which may have presented as 522 (Connection Timeout) status codes.

We have posted an initial detailed analysis of this incident written by our CEO on the Cloudflare blog. Presently, we are no longer seeing additional impact at Cloudflare from these transit provider issues.

We understand how disruptive these events can be, and we will continue to provide the latest updates for issues impacting Cloudflare's network on cloudflarestatus.com.

The Cloudflare Team
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have a PC you can use that is connected to the same internet the results would still be helpful for us.
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »

I was just about to say something sarcastic about that too, but this will do.

I guess the theory is that, since it spans multiple platforms, if they can get more detailed information from the PC people that shows what problem they are having, it might also apply to the XBox and PS4 people.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delay on ps4 seems to have gone now.

Thanks Sarah
  • Concrete
    Concrete
    ✭✭✭
    As requested. IP altered for security reasons.

Path Ping:

Tracing route to 195.122.154.1 over a maximum of 30 hops

0 DESKTOP-PKRUOVC [XXX.XXX.1.3]
    1 XXX.XXX.1.1
    2 10.17.208.1
    3 basl-core-2a-xe-233-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.252.229.145]
    4 * * *
    Computing statistics for 75 seconds...
    Source to Here This Node/Link
    Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
    0 DESKTOP-PKRUOVC [XXX.XXX.1.3]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% XXX.XXX.1.1
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    2 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 10.17.208.1
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    3 9ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% basl-core-2a-xe-233-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.252.229.145]

Trace complete.

Tracert:

Tracing route to 195.122.154.1 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms <1 ms 1 ms XXX.XXX.1.1
    2 9 ms 9 ms 8 ms 10.17.208.1
    3 11 ms 13 ms 9 ms basl-core-2a-xe-233-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.252.229.145]
    4 * * * Request timed out.
    5 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms m686-mp2.cvx1-b.lis.dial.ntli.net [62.254.42.174]
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7 13 ms 13 ms 19 ms uk-lon01b-ri1-ae-25-0.aorta.net [84.116.136.102]
    8 24 ms 12 ms 12 ms 213.46.174.202
    9 27 ms 25 ms 25 ms 217.5.118.90
    10 26 ms 24 ms 22 ms 195.122.154.1

Trace complete.

Edited by Concrete on August 31, 2020 3:04PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »
    Today, starting at approximately 10:03 UTC, a misconfiguration at a major external network provider caused connectivity disruptions across the Internet. These disruptions impacted the operations of many service providers, including Cloudflare. Cloudflare’s systems routed around the problem, however, some Internet properties that use Cloudflare saw increased error rates during the impact period despite our mitigations.

During this period we saw traffic drop by about 3.5% across our network as well as an increase in HTTP errors which may have presented as 522 (Connection Timeout) status codes.

We have posted an initial detailed analysis of this incident written by our CEO on the Cloudflare blog. Presently, we are no longer seeing additional impact at Cloudflare from these transit provider issues.

We understand how disruptive these events can be, and we will continue to provide the latest updates for issues impacting Cloudflare's network on cloudflarestatus.com.

The Cloudflare Team

The "major external network provider" was CenturyLink/Level 3. ZOS has not said, but this is likely the ISP that is used for ESO. ZOS may not have an alternative route from the ESO data centers, so a major interruption with the ISP used by a data center could have a nasty impact across all megaservers at that location.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have a PC you can use that is connected to the same internet the results would still be helpful for us.

Oh, my mistake, sorry. It doesn't need to be done on the device on which the game is running. Duh.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madrab73 wrote: »
    Delay on ps4 seems to have gone now.

Thanks Sarah

Xbox seems fine, now, too.
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is fine aswell now. I notice the one test I can see was virginmedia and I am with those aswell, anyone else?