The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Taxidermy in ESO

joshcrum
joshcrum
✭✭✭
So I was talking with a friend about ESO monsters and how well done their designs are, and we came up with an idea. How cool would it be to have a taxidermy skill line where you can turn something you kill in the game into a furnishing? To be able to actually pose the creature and create a final furnishing that can be placed in a house with each one being unique. It would be a lot of fun making exhibits of various creatures using different rocks, trees, etc. to create scenes or just display them in their natural habitats. Seems like an interesting idea for another "mini game" idea like player housing and antiquities which would really add to the game. What are some thoughts on this? Would you like to see this be a thing?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    would be nice to have armour dummies and weapon cases also
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh the pathing functioncould have a freeze option which stops idle animations on pets and mounts which could part way get there...

Imagining a display shield with 12 Alfik static heads clipped into it...
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've wanted something like that for ages. There are a few, like the hawk, but the rest we have to settle for mounted heads. Most of those are Undaunted as well (wolf, deer and elk and Lux and blank mounting plaques can be used for fish), but last few Dungeon packs have very dull figurehead bosses to work with. I mean MoS had a boring Werewolf when it could have been the Indrik, which was arguably the star of the quest. I think SG is the first added dungeon in ages where the figurehead isn't the last boss. They decided to go with the Stone Behemoth instead, which was smart. But CT could have had the Death Hound or Wraith bosses. Instead we get another Vampire. How interesting.

...Sorry, I went off on a tangent there.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joshcrum wrote: »
    How cool would it be to have a taxidermy skill line where you can turn something you kill in the game into a furnishing? To be able to actually pose the creature and create a final furnishing that can be placed in a house with each one being unique. It would be a lot of fun making exhibits of various creatures using different rocks, trees, etc. to create scenes or just display them in their natural habitats.

The function itself would be nice. But how would you recreate a natural habitat with the item limit for houses?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • joshcrum
    joshcrum
    ✭✭✭
    The function itself would be nice. But how would you recreate a natural habitat with the item limit for houses?[/quote]

Well I would personally just use a specific house for it that I hadn't been using, but I totally agree that the item limit should be addressed.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be nice to have armour dummies and weapon cases also

this
    Awake, but at what cost