The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Maelstrom's Restoration Staff and Combat Metrics.

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
In theory, The Maelstrom's Restoration Staff, aka Precise Regeneration, sounds cool. It returns 500 magicka whenever Regeneration crits, excluding "simultaneous" hits. That said:
  • If Combat Metrics is to be believed, this staff never, ever, ever actually procs for me.
  • If Combat Metrics is wrong, and the staff works at all -- does it work on healing, overhealing, or both?
  • How simultaneous is simultaneous? Those of us who run Spell Power Cure may run multiple copies so as to hit more than 3 targets total; can there be 2 or more procs of this staff per second?
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does work on everything as far as I know, disregard the combat metric and check the visual cue on you charcter. It works on critical heals, if you criticaly heal multiple people at one time, you will only get 500 magicka once. You can crit heal every second and get 500 magicka each time if you are lucky. Eveytime it procs, a glowing blue aura will appear on your charcter for a brief moment. As you may know or may not, the meastrolm proc condition only applies to regenration and its morphs.
    Edited by universal_wrath on August 30, 2020 8:16AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does work on everything as far as I know, disregard the combat metric and check the visual cue on you charcter. It works on critical heals, if you criticaly heal multiple people at one time, you will only get 500 magicka once. You can crit heal every second and get 500 magicka each time if you are lucky. Eveytime it procs, a glowing blue aura will appear on your charcter for a brief moment. As you may know or may not, the meastrolm proc condition only applies to regenration and its morphs.

Thanks!

Any thoughts on:
    • Heals vs. overheals?
    • Procs from multiple casts of Radiating Regeneration ticking during the same second?
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Any thoughts on:
    • Heals vs. overheals?
    • Procs from multiple casts of Radiating Regeneration ticking during the same second?

Any heal, and it does proc only once a second even if you crit heal 2+times a second. It will be overpowered iif it proc multiple times every second. Btw, radiating regenration tick every 2 seconds, and mutegen tick every 1 second.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Any thoughts on:
    • Heals vs. overheals?

Any heal, and it does proc only once a second even if you crit heal 2+times a second. It will be overpowered iif it proc multiple times every second. Btw, radiating regenration tick every 2 seconds, and mutegen tick every 1 second.

It never occurred to me to check how often Radiating Regeneration ticks. Thanks!

What do you mean by "Mutagen"? (If anything, Radiating Regeneration is Mutagen's replacement.)
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Any thoughts on:
    • Heals vs. overheals?

It never occurred to me to check how often Radiating Regeneration ticks. Thanks!

What do you mean by "Mutagen"? (If anything, Radiating Regeneration is Mutagen's replacement.)

I alway forget that mutegen has been changed. Rapid regen ticks every 1 second, and radiating regen ticks every 2 seconds. Sorry about this confusion
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Any thoughts on:
    • Heals vs. overheals?

I alway forget that mutegen has been changed. Rapid regen ticks every 1 second, and radiating regen ticks every 2 seconds. Sorry about this confusion

No worries.

Radiating behaves more like the old Rapid than the new Rapid does, but nobody cares because we used to use Mutagen instead anyway. :)
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory, The Maelstrom's Restoration Staff, aka Precise Regeneration, sounds cool. It returns 500 magicka whenever Regeneration crits, excluding "simultaneous" hits. That said:
    • If Combat Metrics is to be believed, this staff never, ever, ever actually procs for me.
    • If Combat Metrics is wrong, and the staff works at all -- does it work on healing, overhealing, or both?
    • How simultaneous is simultaneous? Those of us who run Spell Power Cure may run multiple copies so as to hit more than 3 targets total; can there be 2 or more procs of this staff per second?

It does show up in Combat metrics but you have to dig a little. On the left hand side of the CM screen is scroll mode. This gives you the details of every event during a fight. After a fight where the summary screen shows that regen has critted, go to the scroll icon and click it. But then, there is a row of icons on the top left that you click to show you which data you want. For example you can click damage received or damage given.

Don't click those, you have to click "resource events" or something like that.

Then in the scroll mode you will see 500 magica restored (assuming you have golded the weapon) and it will say from Precise Regen.

The staff definitely works
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

It does show up in Combat metrics but you have to dig a little. On the left hand side of the CM screen is scroll mode. This gives you the details of every event during a fight. After a fight where the summary screen shows that regen has critted, go to the scroll icon and click it. But then, there is a row of icons on the top left that you click to show you which data you want. For example you can click damage received or damage given.

Don't click those, you have to click "resource events" or something like that.

Then in the scroll mode you will see 500 magica restored (assuming you have golded the weapon) and it will say from Precise Regen.

The staff definitely works

I was looking at Resource Events and saw nothing about the staff. That's why I started this thread. Interesting that your experience is different.