The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help for Healer

Deter1UK
Deter1UK
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi All
I have recently built an alt as a healer, I’m doing ok but have trouble with Resurrection in that with all the spell effects and so on going on I have great difficulty seeing or finding the player who needs saving.

Any tips from healers out there would be exceedingly welcome.

Thanks in advance :smile:
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're on PC, there's addons that help you find your dead comrades (Merlin's Rez Helper I think?). Other than that, there's not much to do other than keep an eye on the group in advance -- once you're comfortable with your spacial awareness in fights, you won't lose much track of people. I think you can also turn off some ally spell effects in the game settings, if you're interested in that.

That said, just remember that rezzing is not generally your responsibility. You cannot heal the group while rezzing, nor can you heal yourself and may thus have to interrupt the rez, so a DD should rez while you heal them. That only applies in a risky situation though, of course. If you're comfortable that the group won't need your attention for a bit, it's most efficient that you rez while the rest of your group continues the fight.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    If you're on PC, there's addons that help you find your dead comrades (Merlin's Rez Helper I think?). Other than that, there's not much to do other than keep an eye on the group in advance -- once you're comfortable with your spacial awareness in fights, you won't lose much track of people. I think you can also turn off some ally spell effects in the game settings, if you're interested in that.

That said, just remember that rezzing is not generally your responsibility. You cannot heal the group while rezzing, nor can you heal yourself and may thus have to interrupt the rez, so a DD should rez while you heal them. That only applies in a risky situation though, of course. If you're comfortable that the group won't need your attention for a bit, it's most efficient that you rez while the rest of your group continues the fight.

Thank you, most helpful.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, really? My healer is a Templar, so between passives and the sets she's using, I always figured I should be the one to rez, between time it takes and the resources people come back with... Then again, maybe that's just because I'm used to playing healer/support in other games.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

Oh, really? My healer is a Templar, so between passives and the sets she's using, I always figured I should be the one to rez, between time it takes and the resources people come back with... Then again, maybe that's just because I'm used to playing healer/support in other games.

Templars do rez faster, so that is always nice. In the end, just remember that there's no use in you rezzing if it means someone else dies due to your lack of healing! Or if it takes you longer because you need several tries to rez as you take damage. It's all about making a calculated decision of whether it's a good idea or not. I also prefer to rez if I can, since DPS is what makes the fight continue and I don't need a DD to stop their parsing. :D But the generally accepted rule in ESO is that DDs are priority rezzers.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same problem - finding a group member's corpse to rez in all the pyrotechnics of a frantic fight. Just tried Merlin's Rez Helper. It works well and is quite helpful. Thanks to the friend who volunteered to help me test it out in a dungeon by bravely and intentionally dying a couple times for me. Lol. @Raisin - thanks for the tip!

I also agree that generally it is one of the dd's who does the rez. As healer, my priority can then remain keeping the tank up (critical to avoid wipes) and also make sure whichever dd is doing the rez is kept well-healed while rezzing.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I wasn't the only healer not able to find dead people when they needed rezzing! I just thought I might be unusually inept! Also interesting to read that it isn't exactly supposed to be the healer doing it, as I do die rather easily sometimes when I'm trying to rez people.