The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crystal fragments proc off of itself?

JinMori
JinMori
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
i thought it was supposed to be able to proc off of itself with the recent changes.

Dark Magic
Crystal Shard:
Reduced the cast time of this ability and its morphs to 800ms, down from 1 second.
Reduced the damage done from these abilities by approximately 21%.
Reduced the cost to 2700, down from 2970.
These abilities have a new affix, where after successfully casting, your next non-Ultimate ability used within 3 seconds costs 10% less.
Crystal Fragments (morph):
This ability can now proc off itself.
Slightly reduced the damage done from the special proc (< 1%).
Introduced a safety window after activating the special proc to help avoid immediately queueing the base version’s cast right after.
Crystal Blast (morph): This ability has been reworked into a Stamina morph, and renamed to Crystal Weapon. It is now an instant-cast ability that causes your next Light or Heavy Attack made within 4 seconds to deal additional damage, equal to the standard spammable amount such as Lava Whip or Veiled Strike. Enemies hit by this ability will their armor reduced by up to 1000.

That's what was said, and i thought it would have been pretty cool, especially considering how bad mag sorc sustain is, especially without pets. It does proc if you hard cast but doesn't if you cast it from a proc, which would be pretty nice.
Edited by JinMori on August 28, 2020 8:58PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only from Hard Casting, many PTS folks confirmed it never procced from the instant frag. I think thats pretty fair all things considered, the skill already fills 2 archetypes so allowing it to chain instant proc would be a bit overkill imo.

Doesn't mean it's perfect, both morphs are little behind and need a little bit of a damage boost, I'd argue something small on the Blood Magic passive to compete with weapon spammables, but that might be considered when they do a larger class kit pass in a future update. This update was only meant to address some larger concerns fast so I'm being optimistic that they take the next 3 months of feedback and come up with something more enjoyable and cohesive.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only from Hard Casting, many PTS folks confirmed it never procced from the instant frag. I think thats pretty fair all things considered, the skill already fills 2 archetypes so allowing it to chain instant proc would be a bit overkill imo.

Doesn't mean it's perfect, both morphs are little behind and need a little bit of a damage boost, I'd argue something small on the Blood Magic passive to compete with weapon spammables, but that might be considered when they do a larger class kit pass in a future update. This update was only meant to address some larger concerns fast so I'm being optimistic that they take the next 3 months of feedback and come up with something more enjoyable and cohesive.

Then they should really try to explain stuff better, because from the patch notes you would guess that it actually procs off itself.

And i agree, some passives just need a rework, especially sorc has some really bad passives, one of which luckily got reworked recently, but it's still pretty bad, "rebate" But at least the core idea of it is way better than before.
    Edited by JinMori on August 28, 2020 9:37PM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they explained it fine...it does just what it said, it procs off itself. Never claimed to proc off the proc....
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    they explained it fine...it does just what it said, it procs off itself. Never claimed to proc off the proc....

If you think this is not ambiguous i don't even know what to say.

This is taken straight from the notes.
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

If they are talking about the ability itself, it's always the non-proc. The same goes for the 10% cost reduction, that only counts for the casting of the ability, not the proc. Unfortunate I guess, but the proc of the ability already was one of, if not the strongest sorc ability, so it's fine in my opinion.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If they are talking about the ability itself, it's always the non-proc. The same goes for the 10% cost reduction, that only counts for the casting of the ability, not the proc. Unfortunate I guess, but the proc of the ability already was one of, if not the strongest sorc ability, so it's fine in my opinion.

What is the point of the change then? The skill is already designed to not be used as a spammable but rather as a proc, so what's even the point of doing this?

The cost reduction for the stam morph makes sense but in this case what's even the point? It clearly heavily implied that you should use the proc. Might as well leave it as it was honestly if that was the case.
    Edited by JinMori on September 8, 2020 7:01PM
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭

What is the point of the chance then? The skill is already designed to not be used as a spammable but rather as a proc, so what's even the point of doing this?

The cost reduction for the stam morph makes sense but in this case what's even the point? It clearly heavily implied that you should use the proc. Might as well leave it as it was honestly if that was the case.

Now it is sort of spammable, with a lower cast time within the GCD, spammable cost, an extra in the cost reduction and the possibility to proc to do more damage. I agree that it's weak, but before it was unusable, now it's just weak. I'm hoping they're not done with the changes to the skill.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they only buffed the hard casting of the ability, nothing wrong with that
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    they only buffed the hard casting of the ability, nothing wrong with that

I just don't see the point of it not applying to the actual proc. It would actually be pretty cool.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing is, that from experience, frags did proc themselves, idk if due to lag or whatever, but they did. So the "frags can now proc of themselves" patch note feels like it will make the proc proc, but essentially it is not the case.