The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are you Magsorcs using with all the set changes?

Tsunahmie
Tsunahmie
✭✭✭
Heya all! As the title states, what changes are you making to your PvP builds?
Also: Now that Pets don't scale so well when only building Max Magicka, are they still worth using or are you going to play without pets for now?
Cheers!
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been playing with crafty bright throats 1 stonekeeper and the malacath ring but honestly none it is enough to kill tanky stam characters anymore so I’ll be swapping to stam when I get the gold.
  • NightSky
    NightSky
    ✭✭✭
    I have been trying different armors and skills change, but i can't get to the point where i can stay alive and deal decent dmg. Maybe i am just not that good hahha, or i could change to stam sorc. But any tips or ideas, do let me know!!
    "For everything you gain, you lose something else."
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been using infused Torug's Pact and either BTB/Maw of Infernal or Necro/Engine Guardian. I shoot for around 30K health.

If any of four proposed AOE changes go live, I'm dropping the class entirely, mag or stam.
  • NightSky
    NightSky
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    I've been using infused Torug's Pact and either BTB/Maw of Infernal or Necro/Engine Guardian. I shoot for around 30K health.

If any of four proposed AOE changes go live, I'm dropping the class entirely, mag or stam.

Question - Why Infused, isn't Impenetrable better, or is it a mix of something? 30k health is good, but what about the dmg and defense?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played this new patch yet, but recently I've been running 5 heavy seducer, 5 spinners, 1 kena and malacath. 27k hp, 26k resistances, 12k spell pen, only 36k magicka but 3.5k spell dmg (with weapon enchant proc), and my health recovery is the same as my magicka recovery at 1300 lol (sugar skulls). I only need dark conversion as heal, but I run combat prayer for some team utility and more burst. It doesn't do massive dmg, but does feel pokey and I have time to think and don't run out of resources. I could get spell dmg to 3.7k by replacing a glyph. I've no idea how it will be against constant procs though. I just plan to stay mobile and spam ward. This worked well in BGs or nocp too, but I only have 8k spell pen and even less magicka there. Survivability is great though.
    PC | EU
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been running different combinations of Crafty/Seducer/Wyrd/Engine Guardian/Earthgore.

Most sets are fine in a mass scenario like Cyro. But 1v1 or against a ganker in IC - everything seems to go right through 5 heavy+Earthgore+Rapid Regen. Even magblade.

I can't seem to touch anyone's health, and every attack they do goes straight to mine, stam or mag. I don't stack shields because I have so much lag; I either dont' do damage, or I can't get all my shields up all the time.

I was playing around with Earthgore and Wyrd to counter Unleashed... but I haven't seen it yet in my death recap. Just normal builds.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on August 26, 2020 3:54AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running different combinations of Crafty/Seducer/Wyrd/Engine Guardian/Earthgore.

Most sets are fine in a mass scenario like Cyro. But 1v1 or against a ganker in IC - everything seems to go right through 5 heavy+Earthgore+Rapid Regen. Even magblade.

I can't seem to touch anyone's health, and every attack they do goes straight to mine, stam or mag. I don't stack shields because I have so much lag; I either dont' do damage, or I can't get all my shields up all the time.

I was playing around with Earthgore and Wyrd to counter Unleashed... but I haven't seen it yet in my death recap. Just normal builds.

How much penetration do you have? By wearing 5 heavy you lose the pen passives from light armour. By default the game doesn't show your penetration stat, idk why, but you can get an addon that will make it visible on your char sheet.
    PC | EU
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i play mostly with 5 spiners 5 stuhns 1 valkyn skoria, 1 kena around 29k pen
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on August 26, 2020 5:15AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap that's a lot of spell pen, I'm guessing that's against off-balance target, but even with 24k pen I reckon you're over penetrating about 70% of players. Do you like being a tank buster? :)
    PC | EU
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Holy crap that's a lot of spell pen, I'm guessing that's against off-balance target, but even with 24k pen I reckon you're over penetrating about 70% of players. Do you like being a tank buster? :)

Screenshot-20200826-064408.png
    have to admit i do get some interesting whispers lol especially when they 40k+ health and they melt
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on August 26, 2020 5:47AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

have to admit i do get some interesting whispers lol especially when they 40k+ health and they melt

Wow nice stats, I guess that's blue food. I don't think I could run with that regen and stam though, I think I would die a lot lol. I might try stuhns though.
    PC | EU
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nah i'm using the fishing food, i could bump up regen i guess but i've not struggled so far
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested to know the Delta on the change to scaling off SD... I.e. the impact

I'm a Max Magika MagSorc have been some time.
    Chudan / Necro / Bright Throat

NoCP I'm 42k Mag / 25 health / 16k Stam / 3579 SD buffed

I need more pen, may switch to Lover but curious on the SD impact from the changes real world
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Interested to know the Delta on the change to scaling off SD... I.e. the impact

I'm a Max Magika MagSorc have been some time.
    Chudan / Necro / Bright Throat

NoCP I'm 42k Mag / 25 health / 16k Stam / 3579 SD buffed

I need more pen, may switch to Lover but curious on the SD impact from the changes real world

spell damage only plays a small part, most of the damage comes from skill's and the high pen really burns players with low resistances, heavy/tank builds take a few more hits but will always go down if you keep the pressure on
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pets only on one bar?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ShadowProc nah was a dressing room error because rapids and vigor changed wouldnt load the bar correctly
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How much penetration do you have? By wearing 5 heavy you lose the pen passives from light armour. By default the game doesn't show your penetration stat, idk why, but you can get an addon that will make it visible on your char sheet.

I run 7-9k pen. It's not a lot, but it was only an issue on tanks prior to this patch.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    For nocp, switched out Crafty impen for Impreg all divines (mage mundus both), and removed my tri-stat glyphs. I've lost a bit of resources (maybe 1200 mag gone) but I have way more crit resist compared to impen. Not sure if it's worth it with the amount of Malacath running around.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New moon, caluurion & nerienth for lots of burst damage
  • Philthyorc
    Philthyorc
    ✭✭✭

but how do you navigate that recovery?
    DC Sorc Dagoth Ur Face - Former Emperor of Chillrend, RIP
  • Tsunahmie
    Tsunahmie
    ✭✭✭
    but how do you navigate that recovery?[/quote]

I'm currently figuring out a build as well and not sure if Dark Deal alone is enough. Might be a bucketload of heavy resto attacks + CP in the siphoning thing

I'm currently trying to decide if I should use the mage, atro or aprentice mundus stone
  • NightSky
    NightSky
    ✭✭✭
    So many different set up, i wonder what's a perfect one with decent dmg and decent defense. Magicka sorc, max CP.
  • Tsunahmie
    Tsunahmie
    ✭✭✭
    NightSky wrote: »
    So many different set up, i wonder what's a perfect one with decent dmg and decent defense. Magicka sorc, max CP.

I might have found something actually! Give me a few days to test it and I will make update here.

Hint: HA + Malacath is probs the way to go

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NightSky wrote: »

I think it depends on how you like to play. If you like to be in the middle of the fight in cyro I think you need heavy armour with boundless storm and decent regen (just my opinion). Light armour and shield stacking can work in a perfect world, but in my experience lag breaks it, and I have less time to think and I die (I'm getting old). But if you can get your skills off, or prefer to stay on the edge of a battle then maximum glass cannon can work too. Also for BGs you probs need less regen as you can break away from a fight more easily. So just build for your preferred playstyle/needs. It's nice so many builds are viable, although malacath helps with that tbh.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on August 27, 2020 1:09AM
    PC | EU
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found the torc to be more useful than malacaths band. And vicious death adding spell pen is good for picking people off the edges of fights. Pop a lowbie and hopefully get a 2nd kill from vd, then streak to reposition.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what are some sets people have found the most success with in no cp lately?
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swapped to 5/1/1 2pc Trainee (Heavy Chest), 3pc Ancients Grace, and Engine Guardian, 5pc Lich-Resto backbar with master's inferno front bar. Works great!
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still the same. Lich+necro+malacath+1pc swarm. Might try warlock again. Mage mundus
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Bunny_guar
    Bunny_guar
    ✭✭
    Still running with Crafty+Bright-Throat+Slimecraw with Tower Mundus; will remain the same for the foreseeable future.
    Azura's blessings upon you, Traveler.