The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is there a crafting addon that shows what each character knows?

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So if I am on one character, I can see what my other characters know without having to log them all on and off, and go to the crafting stations?

I probably should have made a dedicated crafting character, but I didn't, so I hope such an addon exists.
Edited by SilverBride on August 11, 2020 4:11PM
PCNA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AI Research Grid is the closest to what you're seeking for equipment crafting, @SilverBride:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info265-AIResearchGrid.html

For provisioning and furniture, I recommend Master Recipe List:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1043-ESOMasterRecipeList.html
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So if I am on one character, I can see what my other characters know without having to log them all on and off, and go to the crafting stations?

I probably should have made a dedicated crafting character, but I didn't, so I hope such an addon exists.

This is desperately needed on the PS4!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can scan and email you my hard-copy spreadsheets I use for all my alts on Xbox... for the low, low price of ten sheets of paper and a dozen pencils you, too, can have a trait tracking add-on for console!!!

In all seriousness, I also wish we had some of these crafting-specific add-ons for PS4 and Xbox.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Craft Store is awesome and have many useful functions:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1590-CraftStoreHarrowstorm.html
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

I can scan and email you my hard-copy spreadsheets I use for all my alts on Xbox... for the low, low price of ten sheets of paper and a dozen pencils you, too, can have a trait tracking add-on for console!!!

In all seriousness, I also wish we had some of these crafting-specific add-ons for PS4 and Xbox.

The functionality should be in the game!

I did use an android app for a while, but it was far too much of a pain to manually enter all the data and keep it updated. I also often messed things up when I confused which character was which.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I'll check these out!
    PCNA
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could also use ESO DB. Shows everything each character knows, updated automatically, and a lot of other stats...

https://eso-database.com/en/
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I'll install this today!
    PCNA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CraftStore, Potion Maker, Lazy Writ Crafter and Writ Worthy are all the crafting addons you need.

Master Recipe List is good to have too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked all these out, but I don't see that any of them show me what all my characters know without logging out on one character and back in on a different one, which is what I am trying to avoid.

I mostly want to track furnishings, since that is all I craft now. Different characters know different recipes etc. based on their crafting skill levels, so I can't just learn them all on one character.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 27, 2020 7:14PM
    PCNA
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked all these out, but I don't see that any of them show me what all my characters know without logging out on one character and back in on a different one, which is what I am trying to avoid.

I mostly want to track furnishings, since that is all I craft now. Different characters know different recipes etc. based on their crafting skill levels, so I can't just learn them all on one character.

For furnishing. Furniture Catalogue will do what you want. You will have to log through each character to build the database for the add-on. But it then has dropdown menus you can look at your other character.

EHR0l38.jpg

Craftstore adds the information to the pop up item information whether that character knows it or not.

0gYCRq9.jpg
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

For furnishing. Furniture Catalogue will do what you want. You will have to log through each character to build the database for the add-on. But it then has dropdown menus you can look at your other character.

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

Edit: I spoke too soon. This addon has a lot of dependencies, which I installed, but it still won't work. It says I need a certain developer dependency that I could not find anywhere.

I'll just keep logging my guys off and on.

Edited by SilverBride on August 27, 2020 8:14PM
    PCNA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CraftStore will require you to log to all your alts at least once after install. In fact, any Addon that tracks what they know or have will require you to log to your Alts at least once. These addons update their local files where the tracked information is kept as you log out of each Alt. However, since it is expected that you won't be learning anything on an Alt you have not logged to, that information is current when viewed from another Alt.

I just checked CraftStore, and it tracks known and unknown Furniture Recipes on Alts.

1. Log to all Alts to gather what they know.
    2. Open the Craftstore Interface
    3. Change the Character name to the one you want to view at the bottom of the window
    4. Then click on the Furniture Icon right next to the Character Names in the Main Window, a pop up will show you all known and unknown recipes

As for Furniture Catalog, that does seem to be more elegant for just Furniture Recipe Tracking. The dependencies it needs are just 4, and can all be found with Minion

LibStub*         It ensures that other libraries can be loaded
    LibAsync         Makes sure that your client doesn't freeze while FurnitureCatalogue is filtering or updating data
    LibAddonMenu       Generates the pretty menu you find when you go to Settings/AddOns
    LibCustomMenu       Allows adding entries to the right-click menu

* Note, LibStub is not needed anymore by any addon, and if it is missing, it won't break any addon Functionality. All it really does, or did, is report version numbers of other addons. This is now done by another process in the Addon itself. Minion or ESOUI may not even list Libstub anymore.

Edited by Nestor on August 27, 2020 8:47PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    As for Furniture Catalog, that does seem to be more elegant for just Furniture Recipe Tracking. The dependencies it needs are just 4, and can all be found with Minion

LibStub*         It ensures that other libraries can be loaded
    LibAsync         Makes sure that your client doesn't freeze while FurnitureCatalogue is filtering or updating data
    LibAddonMenu       Generates the pretty menu you find when you go to Settings/AddOns
    LibCustomMenu       Allows adding entries to the right-click menu

That's what the addon told me, and what I installed. But the game told me otherwise and listed another dependency.
    PCNA
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

Edit: I spoke too soon. This addon has a lot of dependencies, which I installed, but it still won't work. It says I need a certain developer dependency that I could not find anywhere.

I'll just keep logging my guys off and on.

@SilverBride which dependency are you missing?

There are only 3 that it should require.

LibCustomMenu, LibAddonMenu-2.0, LibAsync (all of which are on minion)

There are some optional dependencies, but those shouldn't prevent the add-on from running
    Edited by tmbrinks on August 27, 2020 10:04PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was called something like furniturecatalog_developer. I don't have the exact name because I deleted the whole thing. I tried to Google this name and nothing came up.

I just recently got minion and was surprised it didn't automatically install the dependencies. I thought that was one of its features.

I'll try to install again from scratch and see what happens.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 27, 2020 10:14PM
    PCNA
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm.. that should be packaged with the add-on, if it's specific like that
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a screenshot but this won't let me insert it. Which is weird because I've posted screenshots before.

What the ....

But it's called FurnitureCatalogue_DevUtility

Edited by SilverBride on August 27, 2020 10:48PM
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to go about this in a weird way, but here is the image.

u6did2wvdiq6.jpg
    Edited by SilverBride on August 27, 2020 10:53PM
    PCNA
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need the dev utility to run the add-on. I have it turned off on all of my characters
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need the dev utility to run the add-on. I have it turned off on all of my characters

There is no box to uncheck it.
    Edited by SilverBride on August 28, 2020 1:21AM
    PCNA
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no box to uncheck it.

with it being red, it won't turn on. Shouldn't affect the actual add-on itself in-game. Does it show up in your add-on menu once you've loaded a character (and can you set a keybind to bring the screen up in-game?)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get this to work at all! :smiley:
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2325-UnknownTrackerStylepagesMotifsRecipesFurnishingsRuneboxes.html

Unknown Tracker (Stylepages/Motifs/Recipes/Furnishings/Runeboxes) Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
    Version: v0.68by: kadeer
    What It Does
    Tracks which stylepages, motifs, recipes, furnishings, runeboxes are unknown across multiple accounts e.g. @MyMainAccount and @MySuperSecretAltAccount
    Displays an inventory icon next to item and Displays a tooltip when you hover over it
    Inventory, Bank/Guild Bank, Store Vendor (npc store) and Trading Houses (guild store) supported

tRHGyCH.jpg
    Edited by sMuggle on August 28, 2020 5:48AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use AI research grid, it's simple and easy to use, you see all your characters in an easy format.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    CraftStore, Potion Maker, Lazy Writ Crafter and Writ Worthy are all the crafting addons you need.

Master Recipe List is good to have too.

Also Auto Research, only until you learn all the traits.