Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Crystal Weapon thoughts

Draevik
Draevik
✭✭✭
Instead of a simple copy paste of the Psijic line "Crushing Weapon". A few different ideas:
  • Universal change: Changed to use the highest stat and either does physical or magic damage. (More abilities should be usable by either playstyle)
  1. It could remain the same simply made into a 6m AoE
  2. Changed to grant a number of charges per use. Cast once and have 3-5 charges that last for 30 seconds, cost of ability increased to match increased usefulness.
  3. Changed to trigger on any offensive ability attack.

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I would like is: Push key, does solid damage at a reasonable cost. No frills. More damage to compensate for being a simple one target spammable skill with no CC, no AoE, no DoT, no gimmicks or timing/use quirks . . just damage and plenty of it.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on August 28, 2020 4:16PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it's basically a copy/paste of crushing weapon and it's clunky for me to use.

I like option 2 for it to have multiple charges such as 4 so it goes well with bound armaments.

Use bound armaments, use crystal weapon, light attack 4 times, and then use bound armaments again for the full dagger stack.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I would like is: Push key, does solid damage at a reasonable cost. No frills. More damage to compensate for being a simple one target spammable skill with no CC, no AoE, no DoT, no gimmicks or timing/use quirks . . just damage and plenty of it.

It gives you 10% cost reduction on your next skill and reduces armor by 1000.

The damage is the same as other single target spammables too.
  • JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

And yet still its the most boring stamina morph addition since stone fist. Stone fist is at least unique tho.

We did NOT. need another ele wep. Thats not how you add identity to stamina sorcs. By copypasting another skill
    I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would like for it to be just a normal attack. It is already going to do less damage than weapon skills because of passives and light attacks miss half of the time on moving targets at melee range. Throw in some ping and the somehow still declining server performance and you have a mostly useless skill that no one asked for.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

And yet still its the most boring stamina morph addition since stone fist. Stone fist is at least unique tho.

We did NOT. need another ele wep. Thats not how you add identity to stamina sorcs. By copypasting another skill

Bound armaments wants to have a word with You.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Draevik wrote: »
    Instead of a simple copy paste of the Psijic line "Crushing Weapon". A few different ideas:
    • Universal change: Changed to use the highest stat and either does physical or magic damage. (More abilities should be usable by either playstyle)
    1. It could remain the same simply made into a 6m AoE
    2. Changed to grant a number of charges per use. Cast once and have 3-5 charges that last for 30 seconds, cost of ability increased to match increased usefulness.
    3. Changed to trigger on any offensive ability attack.

While I wouldnt necessarily mind the universal change, Zos has attached that feature primarily to Magicka abilities to open up certain class skills to stam spec, I assume to give them more options. I wouldn't exactly be opposed to Magsorcs using the Crystal Weapons skill, but based off precedence (excluding the Streak morph which is an outlier since its base doesn't deal damage) l it should be attached to the base skill so then Crystal Fragments also becomes an option for stam. Also, because each class only has one skill in each class with that feature, I feel its not likely that would be a option unless they change it from Streak (which they should do 100% regardless) to add it to Crystal Shard. Adding to that, the skills with that specific feature haven't been applied to spammables, which makes sense to me when they could just dedicate one morph to both DPS specs, so that seems even more unlikely following the pattern.

Ultimately though, a traditional spammable is preferred above all, even if it has a cast time (if you're gonna ripoff animation, at least go with Uppercut or even Flurry). I say this because having to rely on Light or Heavy Attacks even more than you otherwise had to for pumping out damage becomes even worse if you miss especially for melee range. Its different from say Uppercut -> Light Attack. Thats two chances to deal some damage, both of which can miss, while Crystal Weapon (and Crushing Weapons) has one chance. The latter and Elemental Weapon have their uses in one way or another but I'd rather they remain the only skills that function in their specific manner and not lump a class skill in with them.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is normal for stam weapon spammables to do more damage. You channel them for full GCD. Look at jabs, you channel it too and deal more damage than other spammables.

Ranged skills does less damage than melees and I think boht crushing weapon and crystal weapon are adjusted to be used as ranged. The fix would be: they deal X% more damage if used on melee weapon.
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    Clunky, unreliable in PVP. Tried to make it work, really wanted it to work. Will not be using it.