The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jewelry glyph question

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
The glyph of increase PHYSICAL harm means : " Adds [x] Weapon Damage "
the glyph of increase Magical harm means : "Adds [x] Spell Damage "

I guess the physical harm is not meant for the weapon damage of Staffs ? right ?

Best Answers

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon damage jewelry glyphs are for Stamina-based characters, @eMKa8 ... which are predominately focused on weapon damage.

Conversely, spell damage jewelry glyphs are for Magicka-based characters ... which are predominately focused on spell damage.

Your staff-wielding magicka sorc would prefer to use spell damage glyphs to improve your spell damage on your stat sheet. ;)

Some other decent glyph options for Magicka Sorc are Magicka Recovery, Spell Cost Reduction, and Prismatic Recovery/Cost Reduction with the new Indeko Essence Runes.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Glyphs

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 28, 2020 9:15PM
    Answer ✓
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »

I guess the physical harm is not meant for the weapon damage of Staffs ? right ?

No its meant for your max weapon or spell damage pool.

Ooh ?

Is weapon damage important if you are using a destruction staff ??? I thought staffs are only using spzll damage. If you are using light and heavy attacks with a staff , is that then weapon damage in stead of spell damage ?

In other words should i invest more into weapon dmg if i am all into magicka sorc ?

No. Weapon damage is for stamina classes that use melee weapons and bows. Spell damage is for magic classes that use staves.
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon damage jewelry glyphs are for Stamina-based characters, @eMKa8 ... which are predominately focused on weapon damage.

Conversely, spell damage jewelry glyphs are for Magicka-based characters ... which are predominately focused on spell damage.

Your staff-wielding magicka sorc would prefer to use spell damage glyphs to improve your spell damage on your stat sheet. ;)

Some other decent glyph options for Magicka Sorc are Magicka Recovery, Spell Cost Reduction, and Prismatic Recovery/Cost Reduction with the new Indeko Essence Runes.

Does spell damage only enhance your spell abilities ? Or also you light and heavy attacks ? 🤔

It helps all of the above ... since it boosts spell damage on your character’s base stats.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 29, 2020 4:02PM
    Answer ✓
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TherealHämähäkki
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭

Ooh ?

Is weapon damage important if you are using a destruction staff ??? I thought staffs are only using spzll damage. If you are using light and heavy attacks with a staff , is that then weapon damage in stead of spell damage ?

In other words should i invest more into weapon dmg if i am all into magicka sorc ?
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭

Does spell damage only enhance your spell abilities ? Or also you light and heavy attacks ? 🤔