Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lady thorn is well done.

zvavi
zvavi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Nowdays endgame tanks had almost no good options for monster set if they didn't have anything to bring to the group. Lady thorn is no different, but the fact it can be self synergized makes it nice for keeping better alkosh uptime, with the additional effect of adding group synergy when u don't use it. The major maim is nice too.
Edited by zvavi on August 26, 2020 11:51PM
  • Chief_Worm
    Chief_Worm
    Soul Shriven
    You look like a pilgrim.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chief_Worm wrote: »
    You look like a pilgrim.

Huh?
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Nowdays endgame tanks had almost no good options for monster set if they didn't have anything to bring to the group. Lady thorn is no different, but the fact it can be self synergized makes it nice for keeping better alkosh uptime, with the additional effect of adding group synergy when u don't use it. The major maim is nice too.

Yeah it's pretty well designed. ZOS deserves some praise now and again.. despite some awful decisions they make good ones too.

For example, this years dungeon DLC's have been noticably more enjoyable to me. The Mechanics are pretty fun, instead of just dps races. Unhallowed Grave is possibly the most fun I've ever had with a dungeon in any game. The grapple hook was a great change of pace. The extra side bosses, the unique buffs. Also not incredibly difficult to run with a pug, as long as the players are willing to learn the basics of the mechanics, which ended up being very intuitive in my experience.

I like the specific gimics for dungeons and I hope they continue that trend next year. The Wolf transformation is just crazy cool for Stone Garden. Pretty impressive that they were able to design a completely new skill set and transformation for 1 dungeon... yet I waited 6 years for a stamina sorc spammable that was ripped from something they made 2 years ago.. but I digress. :D

I also wanted to point out that they updated UI scaling for controller players, it was removed in U25 because it caused bugs with no point made about when it would return. There was a small vocal community around the subject, myself included, but they came back and made it better than ever this update. Very much appreciated, they could of avoided it entirely, most people stopped talking about it, but they fixed what they broke and for that. I'm grateful.

NPC pathing in homes, awesome. Great base game improvement and more ways for them to make money. Win win. Make our playable characters available as npcs in our homes and I'll pay an arm and leg for the feature.

I also noticed a pretty substantial improvement in their art direction for sets and abilities. That frost aoe healing set is really cool, Aegis Caller looks awesome (please shift some of that over to a stamina sorc ult), etc. etc.

I think it's time for some cool ice and shock damage themed monster sets though.. Enough with fire damage already..
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 28, 2020 11:24PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    lol. calling it well done because it keeps alkosh (a dps set that gets abused by tanks) is something else.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. calling it well done because it keeps alkosh (a dps set that gets abused by tanks) is something else.

Set's role is determined by it's usefulness to the group, not the weight, some of the strongest dps sets are actually heavy armor (advancing yokeda, Medusa), and alkosh is best on tank, that can arrange CP to maximize its usefulness.

• Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw this thread I thought it's about vampires and fire damage...