The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thoughts on the New Vampire

megasurge93
megasurge93
✭✭✭
I have been away from ESO for a few months now and finally returned to try out the new vampire. So far, it's rather fun overall. Doesn't seem to be quite as powerful as the werewolf though and it would nice if they were on equal grounds as far as power is concerned. That said, my biggest issue that I have is that I have my vampire wearing a costume that covers every inch of him, including the eyes, yet somehow the townsfolk see that he's a "monster" and won't speak to him. I'd say that there should be a way to disguise yourself (such as wearing a costume or armor) that covers all of the body, so that they might be suspicious but they still would talk to you because they can't quite tell. Besides, monster or not, who doesn't want my gold?
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures." ~Oscar Wilde
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll type this in before anyone else does. Use Mesmerize to convince NPCs to talk to you at stage 4.

That out of the way I do agree both forms should be on equal footing when it comes to power. Werewolf has a complete kit with a few damage options, while Vampire has only one damage dealing skill and several hit or miss utility skills. Mix that in with the non-vampire cost increase and it makes it difficult to use other skill lines to patch what vampire is missing since it results in terrible sustain.

Be neat if we could run a build where it wouldn't be absolutely crazy to run all the vampire skills on a single bar, but we can't really do that and be viable in content that isn't overland. Sure you technically can but most of the skills are situational at best, and you'll be spamming Evisercate pretty much the whole time until your ultimate charges, your foe's CC immunity ends, or you need to heal. Guess you could also throw in mistform every 6 seconds into a rotation for the stage 2 buff but is it really worth the 1 second damage downtime? Not like vampire has any DoTs outside the Swarming Scion ultimate. :(
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Kardrik
    Kardrik
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire debuffs your sustain, your health recovery, and your resistance to fire damage.
    And the only way it has to recover health outside of one of its ultimate morphs is to use a weak 3s interruptable channel

The vampire skills themselves are not useful enough to warrant the debuffs, for reasons explained ad-nauseum since it launched.
    Devs only response so far is to kill the one skill that was used widely - Blood for Blood

So its nice for overland, but you'll get better performance in pretty much all group content as a non-vamp than as a vamp at the moment.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone mentioned Vampires have full access to all their normal skills in addition to Vampire while WW is on a timer and can only use those skills

BUT

Like @Kardrik said, the massive debuffs are not worth Vampirism skills, it puts you at an incredible disadvantage, with B4B you literally can't even be healed while WW has only poison weakness.

It's disgusting what they've done to Vampirism.
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it hilarious that vampires now suck both literally and figuratively speaking.
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried the Mag DK vamp build with Blood for Blood. Meh. Not much better than the whip. Now they changed B4B. Not going to be keeping that vampirism for long
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried vampire this week. I got it mostly to make my dream of just hitting things over the head with my staff come true--B4B. I don't find the skill very useful though. If I pop Critical Surge my healing outpaces the health cost, thus the damage stays kind of meh, but if I don't pop Surge my health depletes too quickly. It could have its use as a costless spammable but I'm not getting the dividends I do from Crushing Shock + Frags. Plus I find it really hard to weave with.

I do like Hypnosis VERY MUCH. It's really useful for running difficult solo content yourself, or when you're trying to carry someone through something it allows you to take a lot of heat off them. I've been staying at Stage 1 and exclusively using this skill. I'm not sure it warrants the 3% cost increase and other debuffs though.
    Edited by SickleCider on August 28, 2020 7:23PM
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been away from ESO for a few months now and finally returned to try out the new vampire. So far, it's rather fun overall. Doesn't seem to be quite as powerful as the werewolf though and it would nice if they were on equal grounds as far as power is concerned. That said, my biggest issue that I have is that I have my vampire wearing a costume that covers every inch of him, including the eyes, yet somehow the townsfolk see that he's a "monster" and won't speak to him. I'd say that there should be a way to disguise yourself (such as wearing a costume or armor) that covers all of the body, so that they might be suspicious but they still would talk to you because they can't quite tell. Besides, monster or not, who doesn't want my gold?

Unless youre a ganker, a bomber, or just want mist form its pretty useless