Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is archery now about holding LMB?

AlandroSul
AlandroSul
✭✭
I'd swear that shooting from a bow used to be more "complex" in ESO. More "Skyrim-like".
Anyway, I feel that bows have been extremely dumbed down in this game.
Edited by AlandroSul on August 27, 2020 7:20AM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well eso is not an action game, it's tab targeting, a game that will work where you actually have to aim will be ashes of creation for example.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No?
  • AlandroSul
    AlandroSul
    ✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Well eso is not an action game, it's tab targeting, a game that will work where you actually have to aim will be ashes of creation for example.

But did ESO used to have more complex shooting system? Or is it my memory that fails me?
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vernilon wrote: »

But did ESO used to have more complex shooting system? Or is it my memory that fails me?

It used to COST stamina to draw a bow, and this "heavy attack" would deal much more damage than it does now, and was part of the blocking/dodging/dynamic ultimate gain action system they used to have on launch.

Now, holding a bow for a heavy attack really just returns stamina. The complexity now is properly weaving light attacks every single second while also casting a skill every single second.

So yes, it used to be more like Skyrim when it comes to heavy attacks. But a lot of the combat has changed since then to make ESO better as an MMO
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You used to be able to "hold" your bow heavy attack and fire it when you wanted. According to ZOS that was too complicated for new players since it acted differently from other heavy attacks. Now it autofires after the wind up.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don;t think so.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    You used to be able to "hold" your bow heavy attack and fire it when you wanted. According to ZOS that was too complicated for new players since it acted differently from other heavy attacks. Now it autofires after the wind up.

^ This

It used to behave like all the other Elder Scrolls games but the devs changed it for the following reason.
    "Fully-charged Heavy Attacks will be more important with the resource changes coming in this update, so we want to make sure there are no gameplay barriers to using them."

In essence it was 'inefficient' since people didn't know when to let go despite the fact your bow started to glow when it was fully drawn back. I wish they changed it back but they won't.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »

^ This

It used to behave like all the other Elder Scrolls games but the devs changed it for the following reason.
    "Fully-charged Heavy Attacks will be more important with the resource changes coming in this update, so we want to make sure there are no gameplay barriers to using them."

In essence it was 'inefficient' since people didn't know when to let go despite the fact your bow started to glow when it was fully drawn back. I wish they changed it back but they won't.

Full heavy + old stone giant + snipe was great on bow DKs (giving you stam back for some magicka at the time)... then ZoS decided to change everything.

Another great combo was burning talons + scorching earth + standard

Gosh... it was a great game
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old Stone Giant was the best.... I miss it since it was the crux of my old pure magic damage magDK build that used War Maiden. Nothing like hitting someone with a 12k+ damage stun from 28 meters away.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • AlandroSul
    AlandroSul
    ✭✭
    Haha, "too complicated". XXI century and yet people are getting dumber
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Old Stone Giant was the best.... I miss it since it was the crux of my old pure magic damage magDK build that used War Maiden. Nothing like hitting someone with a 12k+ damage stun from 28 meters away.

I mean the very old stone giant, that was physical dmg and costed magicka. It was good on archer DK since it gave you stam per magicka.

Well, all those mechanics are gone... I don't know why I keep on playing this since it is a very different game to the one I used to play.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique