The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Furnishings from Stonethorn Dungeons?

TeruKisuke
TeruKisuke
✭✭✭✭
When reading the patch notes, there is a line that says there will be “unique housing items” from the dungeons.

afrqly6hz68h.jpeg

Is this the same as the furnishing plans like Elsweyr Ancient Rectangular Blocks etc. from the Lair of Maarselok etc dungeons?

If anyone knows or discovers anything about them, post them in this thread. If not, please keep a lookout for them.
Edited by TeruKisuke on August 24, 2020 11:26PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm that's curious - do they mean the undaunted quartermaster items?
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »

I’m unsure, but in the latest patch notes the achievement furnishings are detailed separately along with the new Solitude and the Mastercraft furnishings. It makes me think these might be either like the Depths of Malatar drops (where they’re an item), or a plan that can drop rarely like Maarselok. But I could be wrong and they are referring to that.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »
    Sporvan wrote: »

I’m unsure, but in the latest patch notes the achievement furnishings are detailed separately along with the new Solitude and the Mastercraft furnishings. It makes me think these might be either like the Depths of Malatar drops (where they’re an item), or a plan that can drop rarely like Maarselok. But I could be wrong and they are referring to that.

I was under the same impression as you. Since the post says housing ITEMS, I thought it would be like Depths of Malatar.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    I was under the same impression as you. Since the post says housing ITEMS, I thought it would be like Depths of Malatar.

Me too, since it’s peculiar how it was phrased. But there’s nothing new they snuck into the home build editor, is there? (I’m not on PC so it is not released for me yet.) Even if it’s not in there, though, they could purposefully exclude it from the crownstore for the sake of rarity, which they’ve done before.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know this, as well!
    Also, the emote? I looked under the achievements and found nothing, only a skin, some color, and several titles.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    Also, the emote? I looked under the achievements and found nothing, only a skin, some color, and several titles.

That’s odd. Under the Emotes in the “Collections” tab, is there anything there? Does it say anything?
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

That’s odd. Under the Emotes in the “Collections” tab, is there anything there? Does it say anything?

Good idea, but no... hmmm :neutral:
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too, since it’s peculiar how it was phrased. But there’s nothing new they snuck into the home build editor, is there? (I’m not on PC so it is not released for me yet.) Even if it’s not in there, though, they could purposefully exclude it from the crownstore for the sake of rarity, which they’ve done before.

I haven't checked there (I never remember to check in the editor), will do so today and report back.

Two friends and I ran both dungeons on normal yesterday and we didn't get any kind of furnishing, although that isn't really proof that there are none. I also watched parts of a hard mode run done by a streamer. I saw her and her group play with the skin and (what I thought was) the memento - I guess that's the emote*. I didn't hear her group mention anything about furnishings (but again, it isn't proof that there isn't any).

Both dungeons have containers that can be looted, with Castle Thorn having a couple of rooms with a lot of them :) . I didn't get any of the Greymoor furnishing plans, but I did pull out a green Argonian one, so I think it's possible to get Greymoor plans from there.
    The dungeons were very fun and the stories are really cool. Took us around an hour each because we kept stopping and admiring the environment and architectural pieces.

*Your char juggles 3 bottles of chemical ingredients (I guess). It's pretty cool and the bottles seemed to glow. I liked it.
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is some cool pieces of furnishing in both dungeons. I hope they release a lot of the dwemer lab stuff in stone garden. Those red glows in the pipes and pods are so nice. All the new blood containers, blood alchemy decor, bottles with paper labels, etc... Really cool stuff. Please ZoS.
    Edited by HiLyfe808 on August 26, 2020 8:07PM
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't checked there (I never remember to check in the editor), will do so today and report back.

Two friends and I ran both dungeons on normal yesterday and we didn't get any kind of furnishing, although that isn't really proof that there are none. I also watched parts of a hard mode run done by a streamer. I saw her and her group play with the skin and (what I thought was) the memento - I guess that's the emote*. I didn't hear her group mention anything about furnishings (but again, it isn't proof that there isn't any).

Both dungeons have containers that can be looted, with Castle Thorn having a couple of rooms with a lot of them :) . I didn't get any of the Greymoor furnishing plans, but I did pull out a green Argonian one, so I think it's possible to get Greymoor plans from there.
    The dungeons were very fun and the stories are really cool. Took us around an hour each because we kept stopping and admiring the environment and architectural pieces.

*Your char juggles 3 bottles of chemical ingredients (I guess). It's pretty cool and the bottles seemed to glow. I liked it.

You’re pretty cool, thank you for reporting back. 🙂 That’s good news about the containers, and I would presume they’d drop Greymoor plans since both dungeons are in the region. I went into Moongrave the other day and it dropped an Elsweyr, so it makes sense to me.

If no one gets any furnishings, then I suppose we will have to wait for the zone dlc in the last quarter. Crossing my fingers a little bit and hoping there’s something lol.
    HiLyfe808 wrote: »
    There is some cool pieces of furnishing in both dungeons. I hope they release a lot of the dwemer lab stuff in stone garden. Those red glows in the pipes and pods are so nice. All the new blood containers, blood alchemy decor, bottles with paper labels, etc... Really cool stuff. Please ZoS.

I’m seriously hoping for all this stuff too, and I hope they release plans for them so that I could craft as many as I want. I’d use stuff like that too commonly to farm a dungeon each time for just the item version.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re pretty cool, thank you for reporting back. 🙂 That’s good news about the containers, and I would presume they’d drop Greymoor plans since both dungeons are in the region. I went into Moongrave the other day and it dropped an Elsweyr, so it makes sense to me.

If no one gets any furnishings, then I suppose we will have to wait for the zone dlc in the last quarter. Crossing my fingers a little bit and hoping there’s something lol.
    HiLyfe808 wrote: »

I’m seriously hoping for all this stuff too, and I hope they release plans for them so that I could craft as many as I want. I’d use stuff like that too commonly to farm a dungeon each time for just the item version.

Thank you! I had a bad headache yesterday and didn't check the housing editor, sorry.

Yes, Castle Thorn especially has a good chance of dropping Solitude and Vampire plans, and like I said, there are at least two rooms with a LOT of containers. Stone Garden, OTOH, has very few containers.

@HiLyfe808 , from your fingertips to the devs' ears. I not only want pretty much everything inside Stone Garden, I'd love to have a house with a similar design.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TeruKisuke , I checked it out and there are a few conservatory items that are new. Here is a link to all the new furnishings added with Stonethorn.

The structural items are mostly the ones that drop from daily coffers. The gold quality ones are new on the master writs vendor and I suspect the rest are furnishings that come with the new houses and/or can be bought with crowns.

If you click on the images, you'll notice that some mention where/how they can be acquired, but not all.

It's too early to say for sure, but I suspect that no furnishing items drop from the dungeons.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TeruKisuke , I checked it out and there are a few conservatory items that are new. Here is a link to all the new furnishings added with Stonethorn.

The structural items are mostly the ones that drop from daily coffers. The gold quality ones are new on the master writs vendor and I suspect the rest are furnishings that come with the new houses and/or can be bought with crowns.

If you click on the images, you'll notice that some mention where/how they can be acquired, but not all.

It's too early to say for sure, but I suspect that no furnishing items drop from the dungeons.

I see. That’s a somewhat disappointing answer, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate the effort and time you took to look into this matter. Thank you. 🙏

I will still keep the ever wary eye out for news, but here’s to hoping that we get some more Vampiric style furnishings before the year ends. Perhaps some Vampiric tile floors, some stairs... lab stuff. Mundane things Vamps would use, idk lol.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see. That’s a somewhat disappointing answer, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate the effort and time you took to look into this matter. Thank you. 🙏

I will still keep the ever wary eye out for news, but here’s to hoping that we get some more Vampiric style furnishings before the year ends. Perhaps some Vampiric tile floors, some stairs... lab stuff. Mundane things Vamps would use, idk lol.

My pleasure!

Remember that after the dungeon DLC we still have the last one of the year. There is still hope that we'll get more furnishings and plans.

I'd love to get some of the more rustic stuff that we've seen in game from the beginning - like those log beds we can see in some hags' tents and houses. Since we'll be going to the Reach, there is a chance for that, and for more vampire stuff too because they're the highlight of the year.

As for lab stuff, as far as I'm concerned, it's all very much welcomed. There is so much cool glassware even in the base game that we don't have access to, and Greymoor added even more.