Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Old wanderer returning to see how far into the woods i can journey.

Neoyoshi
Neoyoshi
✭✭
This game has been in the back of my mind scratching and gnawing at me for a good couple years now; i feel like i left a part of myself back in 2016 when i abandoned this game to go play other not-so-great MMORPG's.

Aside from having a monthly sub for the Material storage access, are there any useful tips that i may not know about coming back to the game in 2020?

Stuff i was aware of back in 2016-2017 that i can remember.

- Material Storage (subscription feature)
- Trading Guilds
- Mods

Is there anything vastly different about this today? I am not that hardcore of a gamer and i tend to bask in the exploration and interaction of the world, i have a max level character (I remember being somewhere in the 200+ champion points level)- though i know the CP goes much higher then that, or is CP still a thing?

I have quite a bit of downloading to still do and i guess i am trying to get an idea of how much the game has changed and if there are some useful things to know in this version of the game that isn't made apparent right away.

Either way greetings and i want to make a real effort to stick with this game again.

• Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoyoshi wrote: »

- Material Storage (subscription feature)
    - Trading Guilds
    - Mods
    - Lag

Other than that it's more or less..

Same same, but different, but still same ;)

TherealHämähäkki
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have played since June 2019 so I only know that game from Elsweyr and now Western Skyrim.

As the above not-so-helpful comment suggests, more people are playing the game now which equals more crowding and therefore more area-downloads -- however, except for one "always full" Cyrodiil Campaign I do not find lag an issue. ZOS is working on game optimization this year and we can hope for the best.

Champion Points are up to 810 max now and for normal PvE purposes it seems to make your character competent to solo lower level bosses and to easily take on whole groups of "normal" level enemies.

I am not an Alt-aholic and therefore have knowledge of the two classes I currently play: Nightblade (since I am Rogue at heart) and a Templar who does very well on group situations which call for DPS or healing.

I also enjoy exploring all aspects of the game and recently received the "Explorer" Title -- although my overall goal is to finish up ALL zone quests for ALL zones. But I have also learned that "grinding" and "farming" is anathema to "enjoyment" and I follow the Middle Way of Moderation in all things. :D

My only concern is that, for the most part, playing the game on PS4 makes it so that you must "read" the intentions of other players (since the chat function is awkward and slow and I don't think I will add a keyboard to my console).

Quick Chat "bubbles" are available but not terribly useful. Emotes are plentiful and I have a "wheel" full of them but others seem not to want to roleplay much (not even in their character names which seem mainly to be "labels") or communicate with emotes.

Voice Chat is also available and is useful in group situations although probably is used less than it should be. On the other hand, I also cherish the peace and quiet of not having a chatbox full of bratty remarks or Want-To-Sell spam. But I digress.

Let us know more about your delving (no pun) back into the game -- perhaps with more specific questions?

:D

• ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's quite a few new things that have been added.

Housing is a thing now. You can own houses and decorate if that's your thing. You also can buy storage chests to store extra gear in.

You can now use transmutation stations to change the trait of any piece of gear to whatever you want, provided you have 50 transmutation stones. They can be acquired from multiple sources; mainly pvp.

Jewelry crafting was added, so you can now upgrade any jewelry you get, as well as create it from any craftable sets.

Two-handed weapons, (bows, staves, etc) now count as two pieces of a gear set.

There's a new guild skill line: Psijic. Largely for magic classes and some pvp things.

They recently tweaked how blocking and sprinting/mounts work, so that's...fun...

Champion point trees were changed a bit over the years.

The whole antiquities system, which is largely a mobile game, that lets you dig up unique furniture and "mythic" gear pieces.

That's about all I can think of right now. I'm sure there's more.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on when you left in 2016. In late 2016, they introduced One Tamriel. Which means you get to wander in any zone at any time with any quest line available to you.

It also introduced Scaling instead of Leveling as a thing. Meaning, other than some end game content, any character can do any quests in the game, although some quest bosses are tough enough that they are better done when you have more skills. BTW, try to keep your gear within 10, or better, 5 levels of you as you level up.

If OneT came out before you left, then ignore my post.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"