Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamden or Stamblade for Scouting

Berchelous
Berchelous
✭✭✭✭
Hello. I want to play as scout and inform my alliance zone. Stamden got major expedition and more ranger/bow feeling. Also more useful in group pvp imo. Stamblade got invisibiltiy and gank potential. Which one do you suggest for me?
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire magblade. Will have insane speed and all the other nightblade perks like cloak
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your entire alliance has access to a map. Following the enemy around and flooding zone chat with unnecessary call-outs isn't nearly as efficient or helpful as knowing the map and fighting the other teams.

That being said, play Stamden. You'll never be a good player if you turn invisible during a fight or shoot people that don't know you've attacked them until they're already dead due to broken skills that desync their health bar.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest another game where playing a scout is relevant.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to actually do scouting for my group on my magblade way back in the day of Veteran ranks. I was v12 at the time and not a whole lot of help on a push in, so what I would do is scoot in as soon as the breach was opened and try to give an accurate as possible number of people, where they are, if they have siege pointed at the breach and try to burn as much as possible. Nowadays I guess you would focus on burning camps and coldfire/lancers too.

In the end, 'scouting' was just basically just ganking while focusing on giving out information, so If you like ganking, possibly 1vxing, and just generally making a nuisance of yourself then you would probably enjoy the playstyle.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamp magblade, run in stealth, use RAT to get into defended keeps front doors and burn forward camps, best fun class in the game. :)
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

If you do not see any benefit to scouting in this game you either don't care about campaign status (aka winning) or are doing it wrong.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magblade. No need to be vamp, but make sure to equip the Wild Hunt ring and build for magicka sustain. Slot Race Against Time and Concealed Weapon. The way to build for perma-cloak sustain involves combining some of these:

Be a Breton
    Wear light armor (preferably 6 pieces)
    Slot Barrier on your Cloak bar
    Use the Atronach mundus [Broken as of 24th August (on PC)]
    Use a drink
    Wear Bright-Throat's Boast specifically, not other mag regen sets
    Use magicka cost reduction enchants on jewelry
    Use Siphoning Attacks

You don't have to do all of that, but a fair selection of it. Using regen sets other than Bright-Throat's, such as Amber Plasm, or using magicka recovery jewelry enchants does NOT benefit your idle (out of combat) magicka regen and is NOT recommended.
    Edited by fred4 on August 25, 2020 12:36AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

If you do not see any benefit to scouting in this game you either don't care about campaign status (aka winning) or are doing it wrong.

If you see benefit to scouting in this game you either don’t use simple addons, check your map, or ever leave a keep.
    K-Hole
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Magblade. No need to be vamp, but make sure to equip the Wild Hunt ring and build for magicka sustain. Slot Race Against Time and Concealed Weapon. The way to build for perma-cloak sustain involves combining some of these:

Be a Breton
    Wear light armor (preferably 6 pieces)
    Slot Barrier on your Cloak bar
    Use the Atronach mundus [Broken as of 24th August (on PC)]
    Use a drink
    Wear Bright-Throat's Boast specifically, not other mag regen sets
    Use magicka cost reduction enchants on jewelry
    Use Siphoning Attacks

You don't have to do all of that, but a fair selection of it. Using regen sets other than Bright-Throat's, such as Amber Plasm, or using magicka recovery jewelry enchants does NOT benefit your idle (out of combat) magicka regen and is NOT recommended.
    This is pretty similar to my magnb.
    I use it to hunt camp. Annoy sieger. Or sometime kill noobies trying to get to attacked keep.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »
    Hello. I want to play as scout and inform my alliance zone. Stamden got major expedition and more ranger/bow feeling. Also more useful in group pvp imo. Stamblade got invisibiltiy and gank potential. Which one do you suggest for me?

My scout is Argonian NB stam tank. Damn near unkillable because he can never be caught. If i decide I'm staying somewhere it's impossible to get rid of me lol.

Everyone enjoys what they enjoy and after getting zerged and gated and enough updates go through that every guild in your alliance quits and your left for months with about 6 people in the campaign one starts to get creative.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭

If you see benefit to scouting in this game you either don’t use simple addons, check your map, or ever leave a keep.

Marcus Caelius (c. March 45 BC – c. September AD 9) was the senior centurion (Primus Pilus) in XVIII Roman Legion who was killed in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.

I see he didn't have scouts either... lmao
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO there are two "scouting" activities that are actually worthwhile in Cyrodiil (other than just checking the map):
    1. Checking back keeps for surprise capture attempts. But any class can do this, and it happens so rarely
    2. Burning enemy siege & camps. Siege is SO important in keep defenses, and being able to stop it can make a big difference. I think stamblade could do this better because they can cloak to backlines and get out. Can either play as a ganker or a more tanky brawler.

Stamdens can be good sneakers because their Major Expedition skill doesn't break sneak, but sneak is way buggier than invis, and you'd want vampire for the sneaking speed. They're also great all-around, whereas a lot of nightblades have had major gripes with how the class has been changed
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Marcus Caelius (c. March 45 BC – c. September AD 9) was the senior centurion (Primus Pilus) in XVIII Roman Legion who was killed in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.

He didn’t have an all seeing map that tells you what colors are fighting exactly where or what keeps have wall health below 50%. But yea definitely the scouts.
    K-Hole
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They did have scouts, they just had the kind that stab you in the back by leading you into an ambush.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭

You are joking right?
    For example; enemy taking brindle and vlastarus means that they will probably go to faregyl or blackboot by skipping roebeck in most cases. But if there is like only 1 dude is taking vlastarus it doesn't. That's what scouts are for, they check on how many players are there and where they are going. Or any player just casually ports to an outpost to see anyone around is called scouting.

Seeing sej under attack on the map while you have enemy keep(alessia or brk) means you will probably lose it soon because no one was scouting sejanus to let people port in time to defend it.

Scouting literally wins the battle before it starts.