The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daily Provisioning Rewards

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The other dailies give you lower level mats as well as the top ones (that you can craft). Can we get the same for recipes?

I have one of my alts stuck before max provisioning and I notice that she gets different recipes than all the others. It would be great to have a larger pool (ideally all possible recipe drops or limited to those for the current faction if necessary) instead of the same small set of max level greens I am now vendoring because all my alts know all of them already.

Doing this would fit the pattern in the other rewards and should just involve a change to the loot table, not a bunch of coding.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is also possible to simply respec out of recipe levels by removing points in recipe improvement, @FlopsyPrince ... which involves neither a loot table change nor a bunch of coding.

Before you say "it's too expensive" to respec, I will remind you that lower level recipes are insanely cheap at the guild stores.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason for armor and weapon crafting writs to give lower-level mats is because of nodes for those crafting scale to a mix of the character level and crafting level making it hard to get those lower-level mats. Without this those lower-level mats would have become rare.

For recipes, it is easy to buy the recipes needed while leveling the provisioning craft but they can often be found for less on a vendor. So the same problem does not really exist.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually do my provisioning writs at different levels for this exact reason.

of my 18 characters:

6 do them at max level (the ones w/ the most purple and gold recipes to get master writs)
    3 do them at level 5
    3 do them at level 4
    3 do them at level 3
    3 do them at level 2

For the ones at levels 2 and 3. All 3 are in the same alliance so they are using the same recipes for their 3 day rotation (since they're alliance based for levels 1, 2 and 3).

This allows me to get most of the loot table for the recipes that drop from daily provisioning writs.

And provisioning is the one craft where you don't really "lose" anything by doing them at lower levels (other than the master writs, which are for few vouchers and drop at a lower rate)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I actually do my provisioning writs at different levels for this exact reason.

of my 18 characters:

6 do them at max level (the ones w/ the most purple and gold recipes to get master writs)
    3 do them at level 5
    3 do them at level 4
    3 do them at level 3
    3 do them at level 2

For the ones at levels 2 and 3. All 3 are in the same alliance so they are using the same recipes for their 3 day rotation (since they're alliance based for levels 1, 2 and 3).

This allows me to get most of the loot table for the recipes that drop from daily provisioning writs.

And provisioning is the one craft where you don't really "lose" anything by doing them at lower levels (other than the master writs, which are for few vouchers and drop at a lower rate)

I had pushed it up to get the Master Writs. I do not have a good spread across factions though. Would I need 1 of each faction at each level to get all possible recipes? I might at least play with that for a while.

Though I may not worry that much and just look at guild vendors occasionally.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recipes that are turned in for daily writs are different at levels 1-3 for the three factions. Levels 4-6 are the same. The pool of recipes that you get as rewards from daily writs does not change with faction, and I don't think it includes any of the recipes used for the daily writs.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would I need 1 of each faction at each level to get all possible recipes? I might at least play with that for a while.

Though I may not worry that much and just look at guild vendors occasionally.

You shouldn't, Faction specific recipes were removed during the Provisioning Revamp. I think only the items you are requested for the writs are Faction Specific as that is a hold over from the original Alliance specific Writ system.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm

Edited by Nestor on August 26, 2020 6:53PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realize it was a 1-3/4-6 split. I will probably drop the level of 1-2 characters per server.

Thanks everyone!
    PC
    PS4/PS5