The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hat removal while crafting

ghastley
ghastley
✭✭✭✭✭
I just noticed that my one character who wears a hat removes it when crafting. I don't recall that being the case before. Does anyone know when that started happening?

I haven't tested to see if helmets do the same when not hidden, but I did check other hats, and the same happens with those.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has happened to all my toons for quite a long while. haven't bothered to investigate though if an addon might cause it.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has happened on my crafter (high elf sorc if that matters) for years, every single time I'm at any crafting table. He wears a hat too (not armor).

99% sure it happens on all of my characters, but they all wear hats.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    has happened to all my toons for quite a long while. haven't bothered to investigate though if an addon might cause it.

Nah, I'm on console.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it was that long ago that it wasn't happening. I recall the brow-wiping animation looking a bit odd with a hat on, so perhaps that was why it changed?
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. It's a bug then. Or working as intended *shrugs*
    Always thought it was a bit odd though.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my characters have always removed their hats, helmets, or helms when they interact with a crafting station.

But as you can see by looking at other players who are crafting, everything is strictly on your side; no one else sees what you see. They don't see your character remove his or her hat, helmet, or helm. They don't see your character pounding away with a hammer and pausing every so often to wipe his or her brow with an arm; they don't see your character stick a finger into his or her cooking pot, taste it, and nod in approval; they don't see your character pick up an item being worked on and look at it this way and that.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to stop falling all over the crafting station once I level up to 50. I reached 50, i am in crafting shape.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall ever having a head wear show up and I'm on PC with no addons.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought I was the only one lol.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed it last year after my crafter became a vampire. It might have happened before that but it wasn't as obvious.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 here: I thought that was intentional... (my headgear is always removed). Don't want it that way though!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes sense they remove their helms and hats to ensure that nothing obstructs their view while performing such delicate craftsmanship.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hats are removed when crafting, but I don't remember if it's always been that way. BUT I have a screenshot from 2018 showing when a hat failed to completely remove itself. hahahaha

IvThMk9.jpg
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are hats removed when crafting in a city but not at your home?
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Why are hats removed when crafting in a city but not at your home?

Mine removes when I am at home as well.
  • scorrp10
    scorrp10
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure what constitutes a 'hat', but my toons' tiaras don't disappear when crafting.