The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Engine guardian is severely overperforming

zDan
zDan
✭✭✭✭
Hop into cyrodiil right now and I guarantee that you will find the majority of players running this, and for a good reason too. The set is pretty much up 100% of the time, the pet is targetable so it will soak up a lot of burst and cc's. The health proc is also absurd. For just a 2 piece, engine guardian provides so much in ways of sustain and tankiness. Now I'm not calling for a huge nerf as I've seen ZOS gut sets in the past. But at least make it non targetable and reduce the healing proc by a little, that way it won't mitigate so much damage. I'd rather not be able to bash it knowing that I can actually hit my damn opponent.
zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. Everyone knows.
  • Charon_on_Vacation
    Charon_on_Vacation
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'd be fine with both IF they would also get rid of the random resource proc. let it always proc for your lowest resource.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's stupid, should not be targetable. The only reason people run it is because of that and we all know it. No one needs a random resource where you have a 33% chance of getting the one you need.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive literally hit this, while it's behind me as i chase an nm opponent. The awful targeting system makes this set such a headache to play against.

How we have sets like stonekeeper, which literally forces you to stop 1 form of regen, take dmg to build stacks, 14 second cooldown. In a 32 second fight, you might get 2 stonekeepers. You WILL get 3 engine guardians.

Sk- 5k mag, 5k stam, 2.5k hp, lose at least 2 stam regen ticks, speed bc of blocking,

Eg- let's normalize it to 1 of each proc
    6.6k mag, 6.6k stam, lol 12k hp in pvp, provides chance of full mitigation though body blocking, might proc on pool u don't want, restores stamina while sprinting.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should not be targetable. The game's targeting system is not precise enough, especially in fast paced pvp, for EG's body blocking function to be balanced.

In it's current form, it's just frustrating to deal with. It feels cheap by essentially exploiting one of ESO's weaknesses.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on August 24, 2020 7:50PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We don't need to hop into cyrodill, I thought this was common knowledge already? Or were some of us just really early to the party...
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need to hop into cyrodill, I thought this was common knowledge already? Or were some of us just really early to the party...

It’s been like this for years so technically most complainers are late to the party. Only difference is they nerfed the resources and buffed the health regen. “Buffed” the uptime but not really because it already proced before one proc was over.

Edit: It’s also one of those cases where complaining about a set makes more people use it such as with pirate skeleton, although it was in the game for years. However, pirate skeleton deserved to get nerfed.

I’d argue that engine guardian shouldn’t be able to be targeted but that would likely make it a dull set because there’s plenty of regen to go around these days.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on August 24, 2020 10:52PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The unnerfed Bloodspawn was better. Now that every monster set was nerfed into the ground, we saw a surge in players exploiting the awful aiming mechanics with EG in Greymoor. Maybe a couple will revert back to Bloodspawn after the recent mini buff.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It’s been like this for years so technically most complainers are late to the party. Only difference is they nerfed the resources and buffed the health regen. “Buffed” the uptime but not really because it already proced before one proc was over.

Edit: It’s also one of those cases where complaining about a set makes more people use it such as with pirate skeleton, although it was in the game for years. However, pirate skeleton deserved to get nerfed.

I’d argue that engine guardian shouldn’t be able to be targeted but that would likely make it a dull set because there’s plenty of regen to go around these days.

Yeah I was trying to figure out if we were just early to the party, or they were just late lol
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zDan wrote: »
    Hop into cyrodiil right now and I guarantee that you will find the majority of players running this, and for a good reason too. The set is pretty much up 100% of the time, the pet is targetable so it will soak up a lot of burst and cc's. The health proc is also absurd. For just a 2 piece, engine guardian provides so much in ways of sustain and tankiness. Now I'm not calling for a huge nerf as I've seen ZOS gut sets in the past. But at least make it non targetable and reduce the healing proc by a little, that way it won't mitigate so much damage. I'd rather not be able to bash it knowing that I can actually hit my damn opponent.

Agreed. Nerf the heal and make it untargetable. Lets move away from targetable pets please.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been this way for a very long time.
    needs nerfed.
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    this is no secret, the set has almost a 100% up time.
    RIP skill based PvP days. . .
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crow_IX wrote: »
    this is no secret, the set has almost a 100% up time.

I think the uptime is due to the delay between the guardian spawning and the beam actually activating.