The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did something happen in the past week I didn't know about?

pauld1_ESO
pauld1_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I normally get double digit kills in battlegrounds, I typically do pretty well.....until this past week or so. Now I can't stay alive and I can't kill anything....I haven't changed anything with my build, and unless I am in some parallel universe where you get worse with experience I have not forgotten how to play. BGs just feel REALLY bad lately, like I just went up a tier or something. It was so bad one match I had to check and make sure I had all my armor on.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you are being ranked higher?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I had no idea that was a thing lol. What is it based on?
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously....no one else see this happening?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

MMR -

The more you play, the higher it goes. So as you play more, you are more likely to be placed against other players who play more. Not skill based, but loosely skill related.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭

Ive noticed strong unbalance in team making.

Teams of PVE players against players who spend all time in PVP.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I even put on some Pariah
    Fazuszek wrote: »

Ive noticed strong unbalance in team making.

Teams of PVE players against players who spend all time in PVP.

Yea in this new tier I guess I am in now there always seems to be one team that is stacked and rolls the other two. Strange enough it has been orange winning like 8 times in a row and I was only on orange once and it was my only win in all of them lol. Extremely strange coincidence.

For people who want premades back, this is what they want...to roll through with ease against pugs. Most of these matches feel like premades.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I even put on some Pariah.

As someone who plays high-mobility, high damage setups, what usually works for me if I feel like performance is falling behind, is to trade so defense for even more damage, while still keeping adequate sustain.

Adding defense at the cost of damage always seems to make my struggles worse.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I even put on some Pariah.

As someone who plays high-mobility, high damage setups, what usually works for me if I feel like performance is falling behind, is to trade so defense for even more damage, while still keeping adequate sustain.

Adding defense at the cost of damage always seems to make my struggles worse.

Yea I experimented with some super tanky builds and still died in seconds lol. I don't see the point. I do better with more dps and mobility, but funny how these elite dudes are able to be tanky and kill you so fast. That's another thread...
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just reroll stamcro, drop every target's vigor to 1k per tick, and you can kill other players with light attacks.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a ton of lag recently in BG, also your MMR might have gone up and you are getting better opponents ^^, and high MMR isn't even close to what it used to be. It's a good thing man just roll with it you can learn a lot from being in there with good players.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭

"MMR stands for Match Making Rating (or Ranking depending on who you ask). It's a way to rate opponents so that players of a similar skill level can get matched together for a better, more even match."

:o
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"