The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Crooked House for 14,000 (Please, do something)

EduardoMagnificent
I am madly in love with vampires and their homes and I could not pass by the Bastion of Sanguivaris. This is definitely a beautiful, gloomy castle that is worth every coin spent on it. Exactly until the moment when the player goes inside. The columns at the entrance are a "perfectionist's nightmare". I see this curvature every time I go into the house. This can be seen with the naked eye, and if you install the Basin of Loss in each column, you can see it even more! You can see it even from the drawing on the floor! (The pattern is even) This is not to mention the crooked fireplace in the room to the right. If you look at how the edging is installed on top of the door and see how it is installed above the fireplace, you can immediately see that the fireplace is crooked. The fireplace, even relative to the wall adjacent to it, is crooked. But back to the columns. Due to the fact that they are too crooked, they cannot be sheathed with anything.

@ZOS please do something about it, the house is beautiful, amazing, but these columns are impossible not to notice !!!! I beg you on my knees, fiiiiiiiiix it please!

unknown.png
unknown.png?width=959&height=539
Edited by EduardoMagnificent on August 20, 2020 11:47AM
Больше всего в Teso я люблю то, что играя за аргонианина, я вполне законно могу купить себе данмерского мужчину
  • RavenLake
    RavenLake
    ✭✭✭
    OCD triggered.
    Options
  • EduardoMagnificent
    RavenLake wrote: »
    OCD triggered.

*convulses*
    Больше всего в Teso я люблю то, что играя за аргонианина, я вполне законно могу купить себе данмерского мужчину
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's something like this in the majority of player housing.

The wall above the entrance in the Thieves Oasis is so out of square and non symmetrical that I had to waste numerous slots to hide the flaws.... but it's still obviously out of kilter. The offset pillars in the Earthtear Cavern is another head scratcher.

Too many to list. It would be nice if they would allow us to move the now permanent assets, but I'm certain that won't happen. They are very leery of making changes after the houses go live. That has come back to haunt them in the past.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, there's something like this in almost every home. So many of these flaws being so egregious makes me wonder what actually happens during QA.

Good luck hiding the pillars. They were one of my biggest complaints about the house. The faces are just so off-putting.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
    Options
  • TristormExG
    TristormExG
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, I often wonder whether or not this sort of thing is a conscious decision on the design part or is a total accident. Part of me can't see it being either because it seems out of the realm of possibility. Who knows; but yes, ZOS fix this.
    Options
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Basin of Loss

(I mean, if you're picky about detail...)
    Options
  • EduardoMagnificent
    bearbelly wrote: »
    *Basin of Loss

(I mean, if you're picky about detail...)

yes, yes, sry for that. You know.. google translate) but i need to say about that)
    Good luck hiding the pillars. They were one of my biggest complaints about the house. The faces are just so off-putting.

thank u) but i think if i try to hide the pillars it's close 60% of room and absolutely killed entrance and view of the house...
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they'll do something about this, similar threads exist about Wraithhome (another expensive, crown-exclusive house), as well as other homes regarding misalignment, and also windows missing from the inside/outside, etc., and they never addressed any of them. It's mind-boggling, since these are very costly purchases, hence the quality control should have been perfect. Though I suppose as long as people buy them, why bother fixing them. As everything from the crown store, they will only start paying attention to feedback when revenue goes down.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, I often wonder whether or not this sort of thing is a conscious decision on the design part or is a total accident. Part of me can't see it being either because it seems out of the realm of possibility.

It has to be some sort of deliberate prank. I mean, these gaffes are so obvious that there's no way they could be accidents. Look at this shot of the Orbservatory Prior and tell me a designer just didn't see this:

l422Bdx.png

It's the same logic that makes them take chunks of wall out of and place piles of rubble around otherwise immaculate homes. It's as if someone is going out of their way to make imperfect designs.

It would be wonderful if they gave players the same assets they have access to and let them design a symmetrical and virtually flawless home. Then have a contest where the top 3 or so become actual player homes you can acquire.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At first I was almost tempted to drop $50+ in crowns to get it. I mean one could imagine it as a gothic version of a Versailles like museum or an Illuminati theme based guild hall. But as I looked at it, I could feel something was a bit off about the house. So I passed on it. Now I know what it was, the house feels like a late beta design right before it's tweaked to fix little problems before going live.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    Most definitely agreed! I really loved the idea behind Bastion Sanguinaris and was blown away when I first saw it, but it's little things like this that lead me to not getting it in the end. The layout of the interior is making me dizzy, the textures of the walls and floors barely fit together (they're telling me some vampire with centuries or even milennia worth of time to refine their taste would look at that and think it's actually looking nice?), those grates on the inside barely make any sense and serve no purpose, and then there's mismatching and asymmetrical placements like the one you showed in your screenshot. If I had gotten it, I'd probably only have used it to build something on the outside, or at least in that tower where you can build out to the mushrooms, but that's not really worth the crowns then, I find.

And they never fix those sorts of things after they make it to live either, which is why the list of houses that have the same problems all over again is just growing longer and longer. :disappointed: I would much have preferred a house with a simpler layout and simpler textures that are a little easier on the eyes to that.
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy if you could purchase windows (for gold instead of crowns, preferably) to make the inside of my Thieves Guild house match the outside. I already spent the crowns for the purchase so I shouldn’t have to pay more for the lack of quality control. Then no design changes to the house would have to be made.

All existing houses should be able to do this so all possible window styles should be available.

Of course they should immediately stop doing this and from now forward ensure that the outside matches the inside.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have OCD and The asymmetry bothers me in many houses although I understand it is supposed to make it more realistic or it is perhaps just careless design. Things can get quite boring if they look exactly the same on both sides and I begin to wonder why I need 2 if for no other reason than to appease my OCD...
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vampires can't get good contractors because they're nightmare clients. They watch you intently while you work, it's like they're always behind you. Are bats going to carry the tool wagon all the way down that hole? Vampires just kill the people they owe money to most of the time. Woe to the debt collectors on that account.

Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • Blodreina
    Blodreina
    ✭✭
    Hey sorry to ask but what you use for the lovely red lights kind regards.
    Options
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blodreina wrote: »

They're Hemo Helots from the Undaunted Quartermaster.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
    Options
  • EduardoMagnificent

This is not Helots, this is an upside down bowl from the Midyear Mayhem) If you want to see it, you can tp to my house -@EduardoMagnificent PC EU.
    But I just started furnishing the house, so there are a lot of empty spaces
    Edited by EduardoMagnificent on August 23, 2020 10:09AM
    Options
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not Helots, this is an upside down bowl from the Midyear Mayhem) If you want to see it, you can tp to my house -@EduardoMagnificent PC EU.
    But I just started furnishing the house, so there are a lot of empty spaces

Apologies! I didn't realize the Punch Bowl was so bright!!!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
    Options