The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did Picking Locks Get Harder?

Whisper_292
I've been a whiz at picking locks since beta. I routinely open master locks with time to spare. But since Antiquities came out, I can barely open a Simple lock. The pins don't want to stick in place. Is anyone else having this problem or know what is going on? I figure they haven't made it harder and not let us know, so I'm wondering what has changed. Any thoughts?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been a while since I have not just forced the lock and manually picked them.

But, ironically the simple locks are harder to do than the more advanced ones, as they have more "stiction"
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A few weeks ago there was a fairly long time frame where I also had massive issues and what seemed to be a visual bug/desync in lockpicking. As you said, they just wouldn't seem to stick anywhere, and then in the end in the wring places.... Went back to normal though.
  • Whisper_292
    Thanks, guys. Mine went back to normal for a couple of days, but now it's worse than ever. I opened a ticket, so we'll see what they have to say.
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing since launch.

I don't think I ever forced a lock open. lol
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    With Rank IV Locksmith why would you not force locks. Piece of cake.

Any Nightblade with full Thieves Guild skill line, full Dark Brotherhood skill line, full Legerdemain and the oh-so de rigueur title of "Master Thief" you realize there are so many to pickpocket, so many chests to break into and so little time... :D;):D

Yeah -- I force ALL chests. :D
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    I regularly do foraging runs (2-3 times a week) as Iam still working on my Legerdemain skill.

I hjave not observed any changes in Lockpicking at all.

Either you are off-form or there is some other reason.

I was in the zone this morning and went straight through 2 or 3 Master level chests without a hiccup...
    Malborn66
    PC-EU