The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Playing Each Chapter With A Different Character

Adonexus
Adonexus
✭✭
Hello, I started playing ESO two days before Greymoor came out and wanted to play the content of each chapter/faction/guild with a different character so I can try out different playstyles. For example....

daggerfall story+fighters/mages guild+ base game main quest with my stamplar
Aldmeri Dominion Story+thieves guild/dark brotherhood+morrowind main quest with stamblade
Etc.

Would this be a good idea?
PC NA
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do all the content with my main altmer.
    But I tend to stick to the racial zones for my chapters and dlc.

My dunmer stays around morrowind.
    My khajiiti in elsweyr
    My altmer in summerset.

No where new for my bosmer to go tho :(
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say it depends on how invested you feel in any particular character, whether you want a throughline with a specific character experiencing different zones, and how you feel about repeating questlines on multiple characters.

Personally I'm very invested in the perspective and throughline of my main character, so it made the most sense for me to continue with her after I finished her alliance and the main quest. I did initially consider doing the other alliances with characters from those alliances, and doing so would give a different perspective on the events there, but I got more out of it by sticking with my main character and seeing the events through her eyes.

Now if you're more interested in the mechanics of different classes and playstyles than RP, I'd say it's worth dabbling with different characters until you determine what playstyle you like best. Then play through an alliance with them, and then decide if you like them enough to keep going with them or if you want to mix it up.

I use my alts to experience other playstyles primarily through running dungeons and things like events, and save the questing for my main character since I take a more RP-centric approach to questing.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    achivements vs some unique dialogs

Need achivements? Then stick with main. Don't need em? Stick with specific race for each chapter in order to see some unique dialogs (not really worth it), like Ork in Orsinium.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can do that, it's basically what I do. All my characters start in a zone that fits their race or general theme. From there they might go to another thematically appropriate zone or in the case of continuing story arches they might follow that path, or sometimes I just send them to a zone I like and haven't done in a while.

They typically go through about 3 zones give or take on their road to 50, it varies based on how much extra curriculars they do along the way, but after that story time is over and they get put to work.