The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragons in Northern Elswyr; wayshrine addition please

WastedJoker
WastedJoker
✭✭✭
Hi,

You've added two wayshrines in Western Skyrim for more convenient Harrowstorming. Please do the same for Northern Elswyr!

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll!
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only awkward dragon is the South East one. The other two are easy to get to.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Northern elsweyr dragons are dead content because southern elsweyr dragons are more convenient and the south and east dragon spawns are far from wayshrine
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 29, 2020 2:40PM
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One or 2 wayshrines would help a lot, I agree, specially the players with no maximized skill mounts.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dhboy123 wrote: »
    Only awkward dragon is the South East one. The other two are easy to get to.

Doesn't matter if no one is willing to go there.

I can make it to both southern dragons at max mount speed plus Windrunning before the northern dragon respawns. But very few others even try since they put the Elsweyr furnishing plans on the writ vendor. And they can't be soloed. So folks like me who are trying for the antiquities lead are just out of luck.

+1 for making Northern Elsweyr relevant again by adding wayshrines.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    Having completed Northern Elsweyr when it was first released, the lack of convient wayshrines meant many dragons were killed before players could get to them. I think the current issue is that there are fewer players in the zone.

Buy ultimately, yes, more conveniently placed wayshrines would help newer players or toons that are being levelled.
    Edited by Susan_Sto on June 29, 2020 3:01PM
    Options
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why player flying mounts won’t be a thing.
    Wayshrines already cut the path.
    Issue being that it’s just more load screens and isn’t as immersive
    Options
  • debesyla
    debesyla
    ✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    This is why player flying mounts won’t be a thing.
    Wayshrines already cut the path.
    Issue being that it’s just more load screens and isn’t as immersive

Seeing how Guild Wars 2 does it - wayshrines and loading screens is not a problem for well made flying mount.

(But, hey, GW2's mounts are way more interesting in mechanics than ESO's, so maybe those mechanics make flying mounts worth it there.)
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great. ZOS helps out with wayshrines for Harrowstorms and now people want everything easy.
    How about a wayshrine right at the dragon hunting ground? So dragons can camp players as they pop out or are still in a loading screen.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Great. ZOS helps out with wayshrines for Harrowstorms and now people want everything easy.
    How about a wayshrine right at the dragon hunting ground? So dragons can camp players as they pop out or are still in a loading screen.

The difficulty should be in the fighting the dragons not loading screens and travel
    Options
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this since they made the change for Harrowstorms convenience it's hard to argue N. Elsweyr isn't in the same predicament.

Imo the wayshrines should be added with one going between Sleepy Senche Mine POI and Cicatrice cave quest hub.
    The other should go at the very end of Orcrest public dungeon bridge path; it never made sense to me that Orcrest didn't have it's own wayshrine since it was a village at one point and the Khajiit obviously built a majority of their settlements near wayshrines. (Stitches, Tenmar Temple, Rimmen, Riverhold).
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We are not making anything easier. Northern Dragons are dead because it is inconvenient for the majority of the player base as not everyone has maxed mounts to make it to a dragon in time, plus the fact that its far to get to for the two southern spawns makes people prefer farming southern elsweyr dragons.
    I agree with this since they made the change for Harrowstorms convenience it's hard to argue N. Elsweyr isn't in the same predicament.

Imo the wayshrines should be added with one going between Sleepy Senche Mine POI and Cicatrice cave quest hub.
    The other should go at the very end of Orcrest public dungeon bridge path; it never made sense to me that Orcrest didn't have it's own wayshrine since it was a village at one point and the Khajiit obviously built a majority of their settlements near wayshrines. (Stitches, Tenmar Temple, Rimmen, Riverhold).

Agreed
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 29, 2020 8:56PM
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Northern Elsweyr wayshrines are kinda far from the dragons, but they're not that bad. The Southeast dragon spot is often easier to get to from the wayshrine to the east of it instead of the Two Moons temple one. The Solitude coastline was this huge swath of land with no wayshrine absolutely near it
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Northern Elsweyr wayshrines are kinda far from the dragons, but they're not that bad. The Southeast dragon spot is often easier to get to from the wayshrine to the east of it instead of the Two Moons temple one. The Solitude coastline was this huge swath of land with no wayshrine absolutely near it

Mor Khazgur is about a 30 seconds full mount speed expedition run from Giant's Coast Ritual Site for me. Kilkreath Temple Wayshrine is about a 40-45 second full mount speed run from Northern Watch.

Both of those times are about the same it currently takes to reach the N Elsweyr dragons that aren't the top area dragon. A lot of that is due to the mountainous terrain preventing straight line access. The Orcrest dragon in my timing is faster to reach than Cicatrice dragon because there is no "quick" way since any shortcuts will take you in the canyon below and then you have to climb back up; you have to cross the land bridges and actual bridges to reach Cicatrice dragon.
    Edited by Kittytravel on June 30, 2020 12:53AM
    Options
  • WastedJoker
    WastedJoker
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the interesting discussion, guys, nice to read your thoughts on this.

Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both of those times are about the same it currently takes to reach the N Elsweyr dragons that aren't the top area dragon. A lot of that is due to the mountainous terrain preventing straight line access. The Orcrest dragon in my timing is faster to reach than Cicatrice dragon because there is no "quick" way since any shortcuts will take you in the canyon below and then you have to climb back up; you have to cross the land bridges and actual bridges to reach Cicatrice dragon.

Exactly this.

If you look at the map, it appears to be a relatively short distance (although nowhere near as short as the path to the northern dragon) to the SW and SE dragons. But the routes are circuitous, and the route to the SE dragon is through a gauntlet of aggressive mobs that can easily dismount those without sufficient speed and/or the Shadow Rider passive.

Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People seem to only kill the north western one because its right next to the wayshrine.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Crap weyshrine placement isn’t good game design and rectifying design mistakes is sensible and should be applauded. The placement of weyshrines in Northern Elsweyr is very poor game design and should be amended. And you’re right, I want my time in ESO to be spent actually fighting things and playing the game, not riding the Cyrodiil horse simulator in PvE.

(And a little bit rich for someone who’s thanking ZOS for their ‘easy AP’ to be denying or dismissing game improvements to other areas :) )

Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep pretty much
    Options
  • hacker725x
    hacker725x
    ✭✭
    any progress?
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hacker725x wrote: »
    any progress?

Getting deader by the day, unfortunately. I've given up on the antiquity lead. Might go back if they have an Elsweyr event next year, but it's basically a waste of time standing around as it is.
    Options
  • WastedJoker
    WastedJoker
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    hacker725x wrote: »
    any progress?

Getting deader by the day, unfortunately. I've given up on the antiquity lead. Might go back if they have an Elsweyr event next year, but it's basically a waste of time standing around as it is.

Same

Options