The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Xbox NA] Switching characters ends up Timing Out on Server

Donny_Vito
Donny_Vito
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a new issue for me. Semi-returning player after 6 months, though I still occasionally logged on bi-monthly or monthly during that period, so it's not as if these characters haven't been used in a long time.

Now that I'm back playing everyday, when I log out with a character there is about a 50/50 chance that I will get the spinning circle on a background image for a load screen and it will never take me back to the character selection screen. Instead, the next action that will happen is that my account "Times Out" due to inactivity and then I get kicked back to the Log In screen.

Xbox 1X, SSD, Greymoor Regular Edition. I do have about 15 characters.

Like this image, just constantly and forever...
maxresdefault.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on August 13, 2020 12:04PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Donny_Vito

Some of the troubleshooting in this article may be able to help.

If the issue persists, then we recommend submitting a support ticket with us for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response and the link, and I'll most likely have to go the support ticket route if it persists. The reason I am getting the Time Out is because I'm sitting there waiting for 10+ minutes with the load screen. And then other times my character will log off right away and take me to the character selection screen with zero issues. Anyways, thanks for the response.