The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting add-ons slow down performance?

Athan1
Athan1
✭✭✭✭✭
Decided to give crafting add-ons (CraftStore and Lazy Writ Crafter) a go this week, only for them to make my game unplayable. Nothing loaded, couldn't do any group content (couldn't see bosses, team members, even my own attacks). I reduced the quality of graphics but still had similar performance issues. Disabled these add-ons and performance immediately came back. Has anyone else had these issues with those add-ons? Or identified which one is causing the lag? It's a shame, because they were *super* helpful and want to use them but I can't!
Edited by Athan1 on August 6, 2020 11:40PM
Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Miragent
    Miragent
    ✭✭✭
    Use addon selector and create various addon profiles / loadouts - e.g. one for group content (notifiers, hodor etc), exploration (minimap etc), crafting (lazywrit, writworthy etc), trading (MM etc). Then, when you're done with crafting mode, switch to group or exploration mode, reload UI and don't carry around unnecessary addon load.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What sort of PC are you running?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never tried Craft Store but had no issues with Lazy Writ Crafter.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been running LWC and CS for years. No performance issues.

These addons are only active when you open them or activate a Crafting Station or Writ Board.

I would suspect Master Merchant.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"