The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

MagSorc vs StamDen for DPS PvP/PvE

Berchelous
Berchelous
✭✭✭✭
These are my favorite classes. I want to know which one is better for both content as dps.

When i play pve i look for:
Survivability, aoe trash cleaning, good dps with easy rotation.

When i play pvp i look for:
Mobility, high damage, survivability again and a bit utility.

Also i'm open to other class recommendations.
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of MagSorc!

Let's take a look:

PvE
    Survivability is fairly easy on a Sorc due to their shield aka Hardened Ward. AoE is fairly decent, depending on what skills you prefer to use. Unstable Wall of Elements combined with the Volatile Familiar pet can pack a pretty decent punch - you could also add Necrotic Orb for even more AoE damage, if you prefer. In terms of rotation? It's pretty brain-dead simple.

PvP
    Mobility and survivability are off the chain due to their infamous Streak ability, which can be used to stun multiple opponents or to chicken your way out of a fight, kind of like Nightblades do with Shadowy Disguise as soon as their Health Bar drops below 90% :trollface:. You can run either pet or no-pet in PvP. A lot of people prefer to run without a pet, but I personally like using the Twilight Matriarch for the burst heal it gives. Some players will opt out of the pet option and say that you're practically toast if someone kills your pet. In a large-scale scenario, if your pet dies, pop a shield and Line of Sight via Streak to get your pet up again. If this is a small-scale scenario however, anyone with a brain knows not to strictly target a Sorcerer's pet because it gives the Sorcerer enough time to burst you down.

Speaking of burst, you've got Crushing Shock & Elemental Weapon as pretty reliable main spammables, combined with the timed-burst of Haunting Curse and Crystal Fragments (when it procs). A great way to apply even more additional pressure to your enemy is to use Overload and weave your light attacks with your main spammable (this is my personal preference, others use Shooting Star, Greater Storm Atronach, etc.) Sorcerer's have a very high Magicka pool, and if you tend to run low on resources during a fight, you've got Dark Conversion which converts a portion of your Stamina into Health and Magicka.
    Options
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ Wish I could "agree" and "awesome" that post ^^^^

~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
    Options
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »
    These are my favorite classes. I want to know which one is better for both content as dps.

When i play pve i look for:
    Survivability, aoe trash cleaning, good dps with easy rotation.

When i play pvp i look for:
    Mobility, high damage, survivability again and a bit utility.

Also i'm open to other class recommendations.

Speaking with regards to endgame PVE, I would recommend magsorc over stamden. Stamden is arguably one of the worst dps specs in the game (possibly THE worst). Magsorc is at least competitive, but unfortunately neither are really in the top half of dps specs. Top choices as of right now are magcro (you need 3x on each team), magplar, magdk, and magblade. And yes it's a magicka dominant meta right now. Now that being said, magsorc has competitive dps with an easy rotation and great options for survivability. You will however have to use pets, as the non-pet sorc is pretty far behind.

Now with regards to PVP, both stamden and magsorc are fantastic and I play both extensively. The stamden toolkit lends itself very well to pvp: loads of healing and mitigation options, a phenomenal aoe burst skill (with major fracture attached), good mobility, good sustain, and not to forget the passive damage amps (minor berserk + animal companions passive).
    The magsorc toolkit is also great, with large shields, streak's unmatched mobility + stun, good burst (haunting curse), and cheaper ultimates. Also magsorcs are highly valued for competitive group play for their negates and streaks.
    My personal pick is stamden as the best, since you can build for heavy armor yet with crazy good damage and survivability.
    Options