The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Putting together the pieces

SjornParadox52
SjornParadox52
✭✭✭
Just discovered info for the furture zone dlc
Three new ancestral motifs
Ancestral akaviri, Ancestral barbaric and ancestral breton
and from my experience with elder scrolls lore i've also discovered where i think the next zone dlc will take place!
remember sky haven temple?
that's found in southern skyrim
and it's akaviri in origin
and reachmen resided outside of the temple during the 4th era
so you put the pieces together, we're gonna be heading to southern skyrim next time!
  • Lone343Wolf
    They already said we are going to the reach in Q4. Said it earlier in the year before greymoor came out I think.
  • SjornParadox52
    SjornParadox52
    ✭✭✭
    They already said we are going to the reach in Q4. Said it earlier in the year before greymoor came out I think.

huh, didn't know that at all xD
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just discovered info for the furture zone dlc
    Three new ancestral motifs
    Ancestral akaviri, Ancestral barbaric and ancestral breton
    and from my experience with elder scrolls lore i've also discovered where i think the next zone dlc will take place!
    remember sky haven temple?
    that's found in southern skyrim
    and it's akaviri in origin
    and reachmen resided outside of the temple during the 4th era
    so you put the pieces together, we're gonna be heading to southern skyrim next time!

Good detective work = ) Even if you missed them stating this, you still figured it out on your own through in game clues. That is still a win in my book! GJ!
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP is right.

Sky Haven Temple is definitely a plausible location.

It's not in Southern Skyrim though. It's right in the middle of The Reach.

In fact it's a mere stone's throw away from Markarth.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Sky_Haven_Temple

A map. The island to the right of Markarth is where the temple is located:

YD87e.jpg
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't get your hopes up for Sky Haven Temple.

Sky Haven is sealed shut by a door that can only be opened by the blood of a dragonborn.

BGS wouldn't let ZOS have a "Winking Skeever" Inn in Solitude, so what chance do you think ZOS have of getting Alduin's Wall? It's one of the most iconic features of TES V (a game which is not dead but still a going concern).

I'm expecting we'll get to see some buildings perched on top of an unscalable mountain, and that is all.
    PC EU
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ancestral versions of already existent motifs are what we've gotten from the Antiquities system. I expect that these will just be additions to that system rather than indications of new zone content.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sky Haven is sealed shut by a door that can only be opened by the blood of a dragonborn.

BGS wouldn't let ZOS have a "Winking Skeever" Inn in Solitude, so what chance do you think ZOS have of getting Alduin's Wall? It's one of the most iconic features of TES V (a game which is not dead but still a going concern).

I'm expecting we'll get to see some buildings perched on top of an unscalable mountain, and that is all.

They wouldn't allow the name, you mean. That inn is there in Solitude, with exactly the same layout.

This is because it is made clear in TESV that the name "Winking Skeever" is fairly recent. It's literally named for the current proprietor's (TESV time) pet Skeever. He tells you himself if you ask.

The name is changed purely for this. Which makes sense given the dialogue from TESV. But the iconic inn is very much there.

EDIT: Alduin's Wall is ancient, built around the Reman Era. It's definitely there, if not accessible due to the blood-seal.
    Edited by CMDR_Un1k0rn on August 12, 2020 7:55PM
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGS wouldn't let ZOS have a "Winking Skeever" Inn in Solitude

Which makes sense lorewise, as the inn got that name by its owner Corpulus Vinius in the 4th era. He named it after his childhood pet.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They wouldn't allow the name, you mean. That inn is there in Solitude, with exactly the same layout.

This is because it is made clear in TESV that the name "Winking Skeever" is fairly recent. It's literally named for the current proprietor's (TESV time) pet Skeever. He tells you himself if you ask.

The name is changed purely for this. Which makes sense given the dialogue from TESV. But the iconic inn is very much there.

EDIT: Alduin's Wall is ancient, built around the Reman Era. It's definitely there, if not accessible due to the blood-seal.
    Syldras wrote: »

Which makes sense lorewise, as the inn got that name by its owner Corpulus Vinius in the 4th era. He named it after his childhood pet.

UESP says:
    When asked about the name of the inn, Corpulus will reply: "Well, as it turns out, I had a pet skeever when I was a boy and he used to wink." If you express surprise at such a peculiar choice of pet, Corpulus explains that "They were smaller back then."

Does that sound convincing to you, especially coming from a man in a bar? Skeevers suddenly got bigger?

Sounds like a tall tale to me. Told by someone trying to hide something from an inquisitive stranger. Like hide the fact that the inn's name actually advertises the criminals that can be found there (e.g. Gulum-Ei), and that a blind eye will be turned to any shady business that's conducted there.

If "the winking skeever" name had been used in ESO I'm sure it would have been easy to create lore to agree with that reality without it in anyway being a retcon. Perhaps Rogef could have been made to tell us the exact same story as Corpulus about the inn's name.
    PC EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If "the winking skeever" name had been used in ESO I'm sure it would have been easy to create lore to agree with that reality without it in anyway being a retcon. Perhaps Rogef could have been made to tell us the exact same story as Corpulus about the inn's name.

Possibly. I still don't see anything wrong in using a different name for a tavern when a story is set over 800 years in the past. It's not that name changes over centuries were rare.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Syldras wrote: »

UESP says:
    When asked about the name of the inn, Corpulus will reply: "Well, as it turns out, I had a pet skeever when I was a boy and he used to wink." If you express surprise at such a peculiar choice of pet, Corpulus explains that "They were smaller back then."

Does that sound convincing to you, especially coming from a man in a bar? Skeevers suddenly got bigger?

Sounds like a tall tale to me. Told by someone trying to hide something from an inquisitive stranger. Like hide the fact that the inn's name actually advertises the criminals that can be found there (e.g. Gulum-Ei), and that a blind eye will be turned to any shady business that's conducted there.

As @Syldras has said, there's still nothing wrong or "lore-breaking" with the different name, considering that ESO takes place so many centuries before TESV.

It is true that public buildings in Tamriel usually retain their name for their entire lifetime... Lesser landmarks such as say, Proudspire Manor? They might, but then they might not. It's a matter of taste for the owner, usually.

An Inn? Mate, that's just a business and other than the fact that it's oft' used as a meeting place it doesn't really hold any other significance. Businesses rise and fall by the month, even in Tamriel, and frankly a name change after the building moves hands and becomes a new business, is frankly as lore-friendly it gets, as it just shows that buildings are owned by many people over the centuries.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will skyrim finally be complete after 2 zones already being in the base game and an entire year of content being focused on the country?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will skyrim finally be complete after 2 zones already being in the base game and an entire year of content being focused on the country?

No. We'll still be missing Whiterun, The Pale and Winterhold. More than enough for another year's chapter and DLC :s
    PC EU