The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help please: I'm being locked out of rewards lately even though i login every day.

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
I live in Australia and I play every day. Lately my real life has got busy so I can't always login early like I used to. I live in Australia but I pay a sub and buy expansions etc so where I live and the hours I play should not affect my login rewards or that wouldn't be very fair since I pay for the game like many others that get their login rewards. If it's due to the American vs Australian time change over then I can't login at odd hours just to get a login reward. Shouldn't the login rewards work with your country's zone times ?
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I live in Australia and I play every day. Lately my real life has got busy so I can't always login early like I used to. I live in Australia but I pay a sub and buy expansions etc so where I live and the hours I play should not affect my login rewards or that wouldn't be very fair since I pay for the game like many others that get their login rewards. If it's due to the American vs Australian time change over then I can't login at odd hours just to get a login reward. Shouldn't the login rewards work with your country's zone times ?

You should be able to get log in rewards at virtually any time as long as it's prior to the next one being due. You should probably open an in-game support ticket. They are good at relpying but that sounds like an issue that might take them a little bit to figure out why it's happening. **Note I'm basing this on my experiences on the NA server. I've logged in super-late (what would be Aussie hours for a lot of players and been able to get my rewards but obviously it could be different for different countries (I'm in the US even though my hours tend to be late).
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you taking the rewards as soon as you log in?

There was a bug - I don’t know if it was ever fixed - where declining to take the reward on the first character you logged in with and then relogging to a new toon made the calendar lock you out of that day’s rewards.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

There was a bug - I don’t know if it was ever fixed - where declining to take the reward on the first character you logged in with and then relogging to a new toon made the calendar lock you out of that day’s rewards.

Ahh i didn't know about this thank you so much 😊
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morrowjen wrote: »
    wishlist14 wrote: »

You should be able to get log in rewards at virtually any time as long as it's prior to the next one being due. You should probably open an in-game support ticket. They are good at relpying but that sounds like an issue that might take them a little bit to figure out why it's happening. **Note I'm basing this on my experiences on the NA server. I've logged in super-late (what would be Aussie hours for a lot of players and been able to get my rewards but obviously it could be different for different countries (I'm in the US even though my hours tend to be late).

Thank you im on na aswell...i may need to put in a ticket if i keep missing out on rewards ill keep a close check on it 😊
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen that. I've declined rewards before if I've logged in with the wrong character for them without a problem.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭

I've never seen that. I've declined rewards before if I've logged in with the wrong character for them without a problem.

Yes, simple relogging to another character does not lock a reward. But I can confirm that deleting a character with unclaimed reward locks you out.
    Edited by Sheridan on August 11, 2020 11:39AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheridan wrote: »

Yes, simple relogging to another character does not lock a reward. But I can confirm that deleting a character with unclaimed reward locks you out.

Relogging used to lock you out — I know both from personal experience and from several past threads on the topic here on the forums.

I’ll be glad if they fixed that finally.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, you need to claim/pick up the item from there. Simply logging in is not enough. Let me tell you something, If you are logging in and you have not gotten the previous one and its just seconds before the next one is due, you wont get it...
    you'll have to relog and get the one you didnt get... but this will grey out the bottom.
    Edited by LuxLunae on August 12, 2020 5:32AM
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    First of all, you need to claim/pick up the item from there. Simply logging in is not enough. Let me tell you something, If you are logging in and you have not gotten the previous one and its just seconds before the next one is due, you wont get it...
    you'll have to relog and get the one you didnt get... but this will grey out the bottom.

Changing zones will also work. Using wayshrines does, too, sometimes. BTW, the changeover time is 10 in the morning in Australia.