The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invigorating trait in Stonethorn

joseayalac
joseayalac
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS is changing trait values next patch, nerfing impenetrable even further and buffing a lot of traits like well-fitted, divines, etc. Nirnhoned for armor is getting nerfed as well.

I play a Magicka Warden in PvP and was wondering which traits will be better next patch, invigorating is starting to look better now, they buffed it from 11 to 16 recoveries granted per piece.

I want to ask you what traits do you think will be better for my spec, I'm currently considering well-fitted, invigorating and nirnhoned.
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    Inpenetrable. The more they nerf it, the more pieces you need to hit the 3k mark.
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inpenetrable. The more they nerf it, the more pieces you need to hit the 3k mark.

That's true, idk how would I fare without the crit resistance. Seems like an indirect nerf to Malacath's Band because it will be more worth it to relly on crit for dmg.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five (5) recovery is really nothing, @joseayalac ... even if you add it up on multiple armor pieces. There are better ways to get recovery in your build.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exchanging all Critical Resistance (in non-CP) for 112 all-regeneration is not a winning trade to me.

The "But the stat density!" crowd will cry foul but Invigorating really needs to be buffed to something like ~30 per piece in order to even begin to be in the conversation for usability.

The thing is that the overall stat density may be high but in practice you're really only concerned about your primary stat and, depending on the class and build, perhaps somewhat interested in off-stat regen. Health regeneration is basically disregarded since in practice, with Battle Spirit, the amount that is provided to you is not high enough to make any sort of a difference. It is thus counted in the stat density but it makes no difference to how you play your character.

I'd also like to see Invigorating also do the "big piece" vs. small piece bonus. Though what I would like to see most of all is simply to have new traits that give you discrete Stamina Regen, Magicka Regen, and Health Regen.

Finally, buffing Well-fitted is actually insane as was the nerf to the basically-never-used Nirnhoned.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain how invigorating works? The amount of recovery it offers is so negligible that it's completely useless. Fells more like a troll. I thought it was a glitch or someone forgot an extra digit there but the latest patch notes show they are aware it's low. Am I missing something crucial?
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Athan1 You're not missing anything, it truly is pitifully weak and basically a troll trait.

It is this weak because of the "spreadsheet balancing" that ZOS uses which simply adds up their owninterpretation of the total value of stats and then attempts to equalize these values between sets/items/traits/etc.

So their spreadsheet sees "Wow, 16 * 3 = 48 total regeneration for this trait, that's amazing!" when in reality, nobody cares about Health Regen and only a minority (basically limited to PvP or tanks) care about their off-stat regeneration, which makes the total "useful" amount of regeneration from the trait only 16 and in your primary stat. And that measly 16 regeneration will never, ever displace a useful trait such as Divines, Sturdy or Impenetrable from your gear.

I would love to see them simply eliminate Nirnhoned and Invigorating and replace them with Stamina-only and Magicka-only regeneration traits at something like ~50 per piece. That would be something that players might actually consider using.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see. This trait should add more resources or be reworked altogether. Not sure we need more base attribute traits, given that armor glyphs do exactly that. Maybe add a digit to the values. Indeed no one cares about off stat regen...
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that in PvP, off-stat regen is super important in most specs actually. But definitely not in PvE.

Comparing it to Divines with the Serpent or Atronach mundus, which would only net you 26 recovery of your base stat, Invigorating doesn't sound as bad.

But I totaly agree on what many have said about the spreadsheet stat balance that ZOS did. Invigorating needs a buff but it's not as bad as it may seem at first glance.