The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

FYI: Members of your guilds can access your homes regardless

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So, a WIP home is set to NO ACCESS. Yet, every time I've come in today, there are visitors! None of my guilds are on the guild list, these people are not on the visitors list. They say they're just traveling to me from the guild roster.

Just FYI, to anyone who may not have had this unpleasant experience.
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on August 11, 2020 10:54PM
  • Sorries
    Sorries
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes you need to reset, for example when you purchase a new home or change the settings on another. I have this problem sometimes as well.
    GM Tamriel Homes - PC EU
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I own 49 homes, traveling to them all every time I change any permission is not a viable solution.

Also, I haven’t recently changed any home settings.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be happy they want to visit you. I love visitors. One can fix that by leaving the guild
    Edited by volkeswagon on August 13, 2020 2:56AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another possible solution is to set yourself as "offline". I have a friend who does this, due to toxic attempts to chat up her main character.

When she is "offline" I can't group with her or travel to her because there is no where to go.

Granted I've not tried "travel to primary house" on a guild member not online, so I can't speak to that.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, ofline works by allowing only travel to primary if acccess permits
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, then pick a home that you leave completely empty (maybe one of the free apts) as "primary" and set yourself to offline, and bingo.

Edited to add make sure all your default access is to "limited visitor" so no one can turn your lights on or off.
    Edited by newtinmpls on August 13, 2020 3:02AM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Well, then pick a home that you leave completely empty (maybe one of the free apts) as "primary" and set yourself to offline, and bingo.

Edited to add make sure all your default access is to "limited visitor" so no one can turn your lights on or off.

that won't work as a limitation for pc housing guilds, where most people have either port to friend or eht hub, which lets you go to any house the person owns (permissions permitting - but obviously in this case, this should have been prevented by the permissions). Also, why should any builder sacrifice their primary house as a showcase for their current contest entry or beloved creation? Permissions should just work. Bah. Anyway, if you are on PC, essential housing tools can foil those light-turner-offers with one click.
    Edited by StabbityDoom on August 13, 2020 4:50AM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just be happy they want to visit you. I love visitors. One can fix that by leaving the guild

Yes, let me dump my primary trading guild because someone was inconsiderate and decided to just travel to people's homes without asking.
    Another possible solution is to set yourself as "offline". I have a friend who does this, due to toxic attempts to chat up her main character.

When she is "offline" I can't group with her or travel to her because there is no where to go.

Granted I've not tried "travel to primary house" on a guild member not online, so I can't speak to that.

You can still visit primary when the person is offline. Any addon that allows travel will work when you are offline. The only thing that won't work is people randomly traveling to you.

As @StabbityDoom said, permissions should just WORK and not require me to have 0 guilds and be offline to decorate a home in peace without others inviting their friends to view my mess.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for pointing out this flaw. I often wander around checking out other people's houses, under the assumption that by being able to get into the house, then the owner has it open to visitors. It horrifies me to think that I may be invading someone's privacy.

Sitting out there in my empty house, being a part of no guild, no friends, and remaining in "offline" mode, like some sort of recluse, is NOT the answer. No access means no access ...... not, "No Access unless you are a guild member, friend, or if I happen to be online."

This sounds broken to me.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm..

And I don't actually know if anyone has visited. Personally I don't mind it, but I am curious...

Now I have to look for a "guest book" addon.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm..

And I don't actually know if anyone has visited. Personally I don't mind it, but I am curious...

Now I have to look for a "guest book" addon.

There's one in essential housing tools community :)
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every time there is a thread on bugged housing permissions I get really nervous. Not that I have created something fantastic, but that I have spent a lot of time meticulously placing items with the default game editor. LOTS of time.

We don’t have a way to save our housing state or see who has visited on console.

ZOS please fix these housing permission bugs.

I have been only allowing close friends to visit since the last bug but now I am in a housing community and have to keep it open when there’s a competition.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, a WIP home is set to NO ACCESS. Yet, every time I've come in today, there are visitors! None of my guilds are on the guild list, these people are not on the visitors list. They say they're just traveling to me from the guild roster.

Just FYI, to anyone who may not have had this unpleasant experience.

@CaffeinatedMayhem , thank you for the head's up and sorry you're having this experience. That would be very frustrating. Agreed, @Sharalei , one should not have to change their status, or completely go into isolation just to get an in game feature to work that should already be working. Good points @katanagirl1 ! Console does not have access to certain features, nor the use of addons like eht. This should be a basic game function and one that should correctly work. I have the opposite issue atm. My perms keep flipping to "No Access". So, every time I log in, I have to make it a point to try and visit each home to make sure it has not slipped back to that state. It's quite time consuming and as I have friends and guildies who visit to use the Mundus, it really makes it inconvenient for them.
    Edited by Delphinia on August 14, 2020 1:42PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Delphinia that sounds terribly inconvenient, but I would rather permissions change to “no access” than the decorator permission problem previously noted here. I just don’t trust the game anymore with all this.

We can only have people visit our primary homes on console.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Delphinia that sounds terribly inconvenient, but I would rather permissions change to “no access” than the decorator permission problem previously noted here. I just don’t trust the game anymore with all this.

Are you sure Katanagirl? Because if your home is open to visitors, people should be able to travel to you from the guild roster or friends list. Before the porting addons, that's how housing showcases were done on PC.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely, katanagirl, agreed that having that issue would be very frustrating as I mentioned, especially if you're in the process of working and not ready for anyone to see your finished creation. The issue I have going on is inconvenient, but probably not as frustrating as what is happening to CaffeinatedMayhem. It's just a really random thing. If it's going to do that, I wish it would at least be more consistent with its failure... I just mentioned it because it's just another issue with house visiting that seems to be going on.. I just can't figure out what is causing it.. sounds like visitation privs need to be looked at in general.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are you sure Katanagirl? Because if your home is open to visitors, people should be able to travel to you from the guild roster or friends list. Before the porting addons, that's how housing showcases were done on PC.

Oh sorry, I meant when I am offline. I have been able to visit other players homes that were not their primary by traveling directly to them.

I only mentioned that because it sounds like your EHT might enable you guys on PC to do more.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA