The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The change to Paintings to make them Zone-Specific was GREAT. How about Furnishing Plans too?

B0SSzombie
B0SSzombie
✭✭✭✭✭
It's so depressing to open a container in Solitude and see a Purple Furnishing Plan, only for it to be a Breton Desk.

If I can't find Morrowind or Elsweyr plans in Solitude, why can I find ones from the High Elves or Redquards? All those regions are very far away. You also don't find Treasures from anywhere besides Solitude when doing thieve-y business, which only adds to the confusion.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    It's so depressing to open a container in Solitude and see a Purple Furnishing Plan, only for it to be a Breton Desk.

If I can't find Morrowind or Elsweyr plans in Solitude, why can I find ones from the High Elves or Redquards? All those regions are very far away. You also don't find Treasures from anywhere besides Solitude when doing thieve-y business, which only adds to the confusion.

I agree. I've gotten a total of 3 solitude furnishing plans since launch - and 2 of those were the same plan. Everything else seems to be High Elf plans for me - and don't get me wrong if it's something I don't have I appreciate it but I want the Solitude plans especially the food and dishes. I can't afford the prices on the guild stores that Solitude plans are going for and housing should be fun...yet it seems to be more and more unattainable as time goes on.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed, 100%.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Buffy121
    Buffy121
    ✭✭✭
    I also agree with this.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solitude plans are insanely annoying to try farm!
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed!
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just happened again. Found a Purple Orcish Plan in the Antiquarian Circle in Solitude.

*Sad Nord noises*
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed. Doing so might increase the value of the base prints as they would become rarer
    Edited by volkeswagon on August 13, 2020 4:12AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing around in Murkmire, and I'm getting really irritated at the lack of actual Murkmire plans...in Murkmire...y'know.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. This needs to happen
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I have been playing around in Murkmire, and I'm getting really irritated at the lack of actual Murkmire plans...in Murkmire...y'know.

For Murkmire, parking a few chars in the crafting area and check all containers then relog is fairly efficient. It's still annoying as hell when you get a non Murkmire plan there, but at least that farm is better than anything in W Skyrim.

And I agree with OP, I hate pulling a random argonian whatever when I'm in the middle of Skyrim and want a Solitude plan.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I would prefer something more like 60% of the furnishing recipes are zone-specific and 40% are base game furnishing recipes. Right now, the ratio feels more like 15%/85% which is way too punishing. I do, however, think we should still have base game recipes available in the new zones, both for variety, mostly for new players, and because who really wants to spend a ton of time in the base game questing and collecting recipes when the quality of the DLC and Chapter areas is so much higher.

That said, I also think the Chapter furnishing recipes should be made available (at a much smaller ratio) in related areas in the base game. For example, Vvardenfell furnishing recipes could occasionally be found in Morrowind zones like Stonefalls and Deshawn, Summerset recipes in Auridon, Murkmire recipes in Shadowfen, Elsweyr recipes in Reaper's March, and Greymoor recipes in Eastmarch and The Rift.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quick question: do any of either of the DLC or the Chapter furnishings drop outside of their zone?

I can't recall if I've ever noted that.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis