The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stonethorn PTS housing preview: new furniture, new houses and more! (Updated with datamining)

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi all, I figured I'd share the new Housing additions we have to look forward to in the Q3 DLC, Stonethorn!
Most of these additions are base game updates, so you won't need to buy the DLC to enjoy them!
1) New Houses
Stillwaters Retreat - House, 700 slots
kbfrtzg0to41.png
Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - House 'Classic' (currently not for sale on the PTS)
om1hdb4k6adk.png
Update: Datamining suggests that the AAP will come from an Event this year! 'The Lost Treasures of Skyrim Event will be this year’s special Chapter event, focusing on the new Antiquities System. At the time of the event, the Alpine Gallery Home as well as an Antiquarian House Guest called “Phedre”will be made available, via a Bundle'
2) New Furniture
- 7 Writ Voucher Vendor plans - 125 Vouchers each
yprn089as7sz.png

- 2 Undaunted Vendor furniture - requires the 'complete the new dungeon on normal' Vanquisher achi
md9j1airohoq.png

- 24 new Solitude plans from Skyrim dailies - including STRUCTURAL furniture!!! :smiley: ^
schematics.png
^ Update: Found the 24 new Schematics. So you can see which of the furniture below will be craftable.
frx2w7o6m7hg.png
ctzszrnpv1sd.png
1guw399u49i7.png
yysqevbektxg.png
hyzhzjrlulrm.png
rseyuhzcor1j.png
kamzazjk605j.png
Update: A number of other furniture have been datamined too, including Music Boxes and a Special Effect! See below.

3) New feature: Houseguests!
New type of NPC firnishing, currently counts towards the Special Collectible limit.
o66yhxfbe6zk.png
Update: Some Houseguests also have several voicelines! See below for details:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6862119/#Comment_6862119
Update 2: The 4th Houseguests, Antiquarian Phedre will come from a Bundle during a 'Treasures of Skyrim' event!
Update 3: Datamining suggests 3 additional Houseguests coming, making the total number 7! See below for details.

4) New feature: Character pathing
An added feature to pets, mounts, and assistants AND HOUSEGUESTS. Allows you to set a path that they will move along. You can set the path, the type of movement (back and forth, loop, or random), and even the speed (walk, jog, run, sprint)!
Thoughts? :smile: What are you most excited about? For me it's for sure the new Structural furniture!
(I will continue updating this post as I discover more housing content on the PTS)
Edited by bluebird on July 15, 2020 6:07PM
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great post thank you!
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 4:10PM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Structures look awesome! The NPCs should be earnable in game along with crown store offering. Come on ZOS!
    Edited by Destai on July 13, 2020 7:50PM
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, went to watch a video of Stillwaters.

Starts off with a Dwarven theme but it's just a big Frozen Lake after the small room.

Still no Mansion sized Dwarven homes...
  • adam_rawb16_ESO
    That second house yes, please and thank you. I hope the inside is similar to the Morthal town hall.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @bluebird - that in progress painting is cool, and the second house looks great. Plus all the building blocks! Very nice!
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    That second house yes, please and thank you. I hope the inside is similar to the Morthal town hall.

It is the same layout. :) I just finished touring it on PTS.
  • adam_rawb16_ESO
    carly wrote: »

It is the same layout. :) I just finished touring it on PTS.

Awesome, thanks. Can't wait to get my hands on it, hope it launches as soon as the patch does ^^
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, well done,

Now we just need @Terabit to swoop in with his Crown Crate Data Mine!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

Starts off with a Dwarven theme but it's just a big Frozen Lake after the small room.

No dwarven mansion in blackreach! What the *** is this Zenimax I legit pissed off. And another arctic themed "dwarven" home. Oh my god this sucks. Definitely a hard pass from me. Its a frozen nord lake home more than it is a "dwemer" home.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really glad that they finally decided to add Solitude building materials, especially the highly requested Proudspire floor. And an actual roof! :)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    No dwarven mansion in blackreach! What the *** is this Zenimax I legit pissed off. And another arctic themed "dwarven" home. Oh my god this sucks. Definitely a hard pass from me. Its a frozen nord lake home more than it is a "dwemer" home.
    Please make sure to leave your feedback on the official PTS housing feedback thread so ZOS sees it too!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/537004/pts-update-27-feedback-thread-for-housing-features
    I already shared a little 'rant' about this new 'Dwemer' house, but id would be better if more people shared their opinion, so they can see just how many people like this idea vs how many people hate it. :disappointed:
    I'm really glad that they finally decided to add Solitude building materials, especially the highly requested Proudspire floor. And an actual roof! :)
    Yes, the structural items really are the highlight of this patch! :smile: I'm glad you like them too!
    It will be so exciting to see what we can do with some of these, like the doors and the roof!
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My poor wallet :(
    My biggest fear though is the npc's will be the same price as the banker and vandor, if so decorating a home with more than one will be far to much for many.
    Edited by kaisernick on July 13, 2020 10:59PM
  • Buffy121
    Buffy121
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the fact that the door and gate can be opened and closed once placed :)
    I am looking forward to placing the new fireplaces in my house too.

It's a shame that the new NPC will count as special collectables. The same category as pets and mounts.

I like the ability to collect the new structural recipes by doing daily delves. The world boss dailies will be difficult to complete as the zone becomes less populated but the delves will be achievable even by new players coming into the game in the future.
    Edited by Buffy121 on July 14, 2020 9:09AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update: House Guests apparently come in 2 types - talkative and nontalkative.
    Keldora's and Jorn's desription says: '...you can set her/him on a path.'
    Biro-dar's desription includes: '..you can set him on a path, plus you and your visitors can speak with him'
    (Click on the images to see a larger version, if the ones embedded in the post are too small to read)

1) Biro-dar has tons of voicelines as it turns out, and our 'scholar' isn't as scholarly as he first seems. :wink:
    Birodar.png

2) Keldora and Jorn each have 3 short voicelines upon interacting with them.
    guests.png

3) Additionally, there is a 4th Houseguest, 'Historian Phedre' who will be the talkative type like Biro-dar, based on her description. :smile: The source of getting her is probably not the Crown Store, so she might be 1 in-game-obtainable Housegests; since the other 3 have 'Purchased in the Crown Store' in their descriptions, but she doesn't, and isn't for sale on the PTS.
    Edited by bluebird on July 14, 2020 10:43AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update: New furnishings from the Update 27 Datamine

Disclaimer: not everything that's in the game files is added to the game (like some old datamined hairstyles), and sometimes it takes a very long time for them to go on sale (like the Altmer dresses which were sold 2 years after their datamine). So don't get too excited for these, before they are confirmed in the Monthy Crown Store Showcase.
    Painting
    y2jnnqoz1gyu.png

Giant Hourglass of Akatosh
    q2q8uba9d98i.png

Music Boxes - Hymn of Five Hundred Axes and Subterranean Sonata
    dewou1dt0vye.png
    hn70gagfjcvi.png

Statuettes (pretty sure they will be the ESO+ monthly free statuettes)
    waull6wzzf5m.png
    ppvkvj4a1u0b.png
    760ldovrjnt2.png

Special effects furnishing
    7xhvyfywy61a.png
    Seems like ZOS upped their game on the Music Boxes, the ones we got from Graymoor were absolutely beautiful too, and it looks like these new ones will have even more moving parts! So intricate! Can't wait to hear them :smile:
    Edited by bluebird on July 14, 2020 4:00PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update: More Houseguests from datamining!

Disclaimer: not everything that's in the game files is added to the game (like some old datamined hairstyles), and sometimes it takes a very long time for them to go on sale (like the Altmer dresses which were sold 2 years after their datamine). So don't get too excited for these, before they are confirmed in the Monthy Crown Store Showcase.
    Sereyne
    azebt3r75hyh.png

Deras Arelas
    pmxdnzk9tlv9.png

Galenna
    un68qtt2dnwk.png
    ----
    Interesting, interestiiiiing :smiley:
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now my Moon Sugar Meadow has sence! It will be full of Khajiit!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. The only thing I'm really looking forward to are the structural furnishing plans from the Skyrim dailies. Oh, and the Antiquarian's home.

Pathing, I might do some...maybe. As for houseguests, I'll get the one we can earn, but not spending real money on them, unless they're the same price as non-combat pets. Then I might get one or two that I like.

And music boxes? Well...I'd much rather have a bard than plinky versions of songs. Yes, the new ones look really pretty, but 800 crowns is too much. If it were a collectible, then yeah...I'd probably buy one or two, but not at 800 crowns each. I have the one from antiquities, which is beautiful, and I'll pick up the one from the Bard's College once I get around to finding all the instruments, but I'm so tired of them doling out just one or two freebies in an attempt to make the rest of the monetized new feature more palatable.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 3 datamined furniture items will be in the crown crate season with those white mounts with gold halo effect. I am ok with spending gems on a giant hourglass though <3 I mean this season I spent a bunch on Nord doors...
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got pictures of the new undaunted bust and trophies? I need to measure sizes.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got pictures of the new undaunted bust and trophies? I need to measure sizes.
    Ah, sorry, forgot about those! :sweat_smile: Here they are!
    ho8mk3olp3mb.png
    Lady Thorn from Castle Thorn, and Stone Husk from Stone Garden.
    (Bogdan and Spawn of Mephala for scale as they are a large/small trophy for comparison)

Is it just me, or does that Gargoyle look really low-rez and derpy? :grin:
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    As for houseguests, I'll get the one we can earn, but not spending real money on them, unless they're the same price as non-combat pets. Then I might get one or two that I like.
    Yes, pricing will definitely be an issue for many players. I hope they keep it within reasonable parameters. You can use Assistants and Pets and Mounts outside in the world, but Houseguests are just furniture - imprssive, talking furniture sure, but still just furniture. They have no functionality like Assistants. So we'll see how the 'ZOS Profit Team' prices them.

Then again, if they keep the Special Collectible limit as it is, many players will lose interest in Houseguests as we won't be able to fit them into our homes alongside assistants, mounts, pets, etc. So there is that too. :tongue:
    Edited by bluebird on July 15, 2020 8:45AM
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    Isn´t Sereyne that tipsy cat from a N. Elsweyr quest? That would be really funny!
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    ho8mk3olp3mb.png

Thanks. Stone Behemoth is smaller than I expected. Slightly annoyed that the feature for Castle Thorn is another vampire lord. There are at least two other bosses that would have been cooler busts, or they could have made Kyne's Aegis a Sea Giant instead. Oh well.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ho8mk3olp3mb.png
    Thanks. Stone Behemoth is smaller than I expected. Slightly annoyed that the feature for Castle Thorn is another vampire lord. There are at least two other bosses that would have been cooler busts, or they could have made Kyne's Aegis a Sea Giant instead. Oh well.
    I feel the opposite way :smiley: Stone Husk seems too similar to Infernal Guardian to me (bulky plant thing with a hole in its chest)
    bust_infernal_guardian.jpg
    moonsister wrote: »
    Isn´t Sereyne that tipsy cat from a N. Elsweyr quest? That would be really funny!
    She is indeed :smiley: I'll be curious to see if she will be the 'talkative' Houseguest type like Biro-dar, and which of her voicelines we'll be able to listen to in our homes! :heart:
    3whuQv2.jpg

Edited by bluebird on July 15, 2020 3:54PM
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    @bluebird someone found more info on how to get the antiquarian house and houseguest: https://cidhnamine.com/2020/07/14/datamine-6-1-0-pts-stonethorn-dlc/
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @bluebird someone found more info on how to get the antiquarian house and houseguest: https://cidhnamine.com/2020/07/14/datamine-6-1-0-pts-stonethorn-dlc/
    Thanks! We also speculated about it in another thread that it will come from this year's Chapter event like Summerfall and the Psijic Villa, but I didn't want to post rumours. Since this datamine seems to have legit confirmation, I'll add this to the post. Great news, thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • adam_rawb16_ESO
    Thanks! We also speculated about it in another thread that it will come from this year's Chapter event like Summerfall and the Psijic Villa, but I didn't want to post rumours. Since this datamine seems to have legit confirmation, I'll add this to the post. Great news, thanks for sharing! :smile:

Guess I'll have to find something else to spend my crowns on :p
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I come bearing good news from the 6.1.3 PTS, everyone! :smile:
    The 2 new datamined Music Boxes have been made available for purchase! Here's a preview of them:

Hymn of Five Hundred Axes
    https://youtu.be/ps7JI-kkG3U
    Subterranean Sonata
    https://youtu.be/OFzUs-7Hu-M

Both music boxes are incredibly detailed, with many intricate moving parts. They are some of the most complex animated furniture in the game! The Subterranean Sonata seems like a quieter, ambient music box similar to the Psijic music box recently. It's very hard to hear, and even when standing right next to it, the default ambient zone music is louder than the music box (at least to me it seems that way).

These items will likely be added to the Crown Store at a later date after the Stonethorn DLC launches.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I come bearing good news from the 6.1.3 PTS, everyone! :smile:
    The 2 new datamined Music Boxes have been made available for purchase! Here's a preview of them:

Hymn of Five Hundred Axes
    https://youtu.be/ps7JI-kkG3U
    Subterranean Sonata
    https://youtu.be/OFzUs-7Hu-M

Both music boxes are incredibly detailed, with many intricate moving parts. They are some of the most complex animated furniture in the game! The Subterranean Sonata seems like a quieter, ambient music box similar to the Psijic music box recently. It's very hard to hear, and even when standing right next to it, the default ambient zone music is louder than the music box (at least to me it seems that way).

These items will likely be added to the Crown Store at a later date after the Stonethorn DLC launches.

They are beautiful, but presumably at least 1000 crowns like the Psijic one was. And 800 was already too steep for me.

Well, I've been enjoying my music box from the Antiquities system, so I understand their appeal more. And I was tempted by the Psijic one, but I just really couldn't hear the music when previewing in the CS, so it's interesting that you say it's pretty quiet in game. I was surprised how loud the one from the antiquities system is. It's on the second floor of Alinor Crest, and I can hear it as soon as I enter the house.

Still need to get the one from the Bard's College quest. And who knows, maybe I'll break down and get the ship one, as it's so lovely.