The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BG chaos!

Khatou
Khatou
✭✭✭✭
No kidding Zenimax when are you going to take care of the CP no, I looked at the scoreboard and many of the attacks are as powerful as an ultimate one, which is inconceivable in any good MMORPG that respects that, since when does a class spell do so much damage, it's really a mess, when are you going to take the necessary steps for this chaotic BG?

Assume what YOU propose and stop picking on people who only want to expose the recurring problems YOU cause, YOU wanted to have a PVP community assume it too!

With the state of the BG there is really more possibility to face an opponent with dignity, even with impenetrable full house it's dropping like flies.

You wished for a PVP community in The Elder Scrolls, listen to it and act on the problems, it can't go on any more, it can't go on anymore !!!

• Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, god please no. No CP on BG. I don't want the BG to consist of cans. The pvp CPU became deeply ill.
    PC/EU
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, god please no. No CP on BG. I don't want the BG to consist of cans. The pvp CPU became deeply ill.

It's sad to say, but I'm starting to believe that the NO CP BG is no longer right to exist given the chaotic state of it and especially no willingness of ZOS to fix it, I even begin to believe that it is the will of the developers, I begin to believe that the NO CP is no longer made for the BG clearly unplayable!
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What chaos are you talking about?
    PC/EU
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm I the only one who feels like BG PvP is still quite functional and enjoyable.

Of course it has its flaws, like most aspects of ESO. But its not like its in total shambles.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on August 9, 2020 1:06AM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the problem with regular skills hitting as hard as ultis? If you can't survive, find a way to outdamage your opponents.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »

It's sad to say, but I'm starting to believe that the NO CP BG is no longer right to exist given the chaotic state of it and especially no willingness of ZOS to fix it, I even begin to believe that it is the will of the developers, I begin to believe that the NO CP is no longer made for the BG clearly unplayable!

Hate to break it to you, but PvP balance is terrible CP or noCP...
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is it chaos? When a dps dies as fast with 25k of resistance as 15k of resistance, there's still something wrong.

Under the pretext that a DPS can't play properly in PVP with DPS sets, but that they must have at least one defensive set, it's the door open to lack of originality.

Without forgetting all the possible malus for stam players, this PVP is much too selective...

When you have a stat attack as powerful as a final one, that's also bad.

It's sure that it's not by playing the most cheaty stuff, as possible, that you can see that or suffer all that!

Or when you see some classes with 2 damage buffs and others none or too dirigiste, amputating therefore, the creation of build, the it is not normal when an MMORPG claims to let us do what we want, well it seems, while we constantly see the opposite between each maj....
    Edited by Khatou on August 9, 2020 1:45PM
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some classes are worse in nocp and better at cp, if you don't perform well there, go to cp ic or cp cyro.

I don't like nocp since morrowind release, I don't play there anymore.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does the presence or absence of CP change the RELATIVE strength of skills?

I get that CP help skills more than they help proc sets, hence shifting the balance between the two kinds of damage -- but how do they affect skill-vs.-skill comparisons?
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    Some classes are worse in nocp and better at cp, if you don't perform well there, go to cp ic or cp cyro.

I'd like to aim for PVP CP, but if I have to tamper with my CPs to play both PVP and PVE at the end it must be quite painful...

Unless there is a possibility of registering CPs for a PVP and PVE build I'm interested.

Otherwise I think that to make the no CP more pleasant to live, it would be high time to stop the race to the max damage and think more for an orientation to the build and GAMEPLAY!
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does the presence or absence of CP change the RELATIVE strength of skills?

I get that CP help skills more than they help proc sets, hence shifting the balance between the two kinds of damage -- but how do they affect skill-vs.-skill comparisons?

Well maybe because some classes like stamplar have bad healing, dmg avoidance, dmg mitigation.

Cp helps a little bit by having more roll dodges and cheaper sprint, cheaper break free, blocking etc to help survive against zergs who spam bombard and streak on you.

You don't have major mending or dark deals or cloak, streak, just expensive cleanse which in no cp is even more expensive (less stats).

There is a different class tier list for both cp and no cp because of that.

Stamsorc can be a lot stronger in no cp than in cp pvp for example.

In cp cyro stamsorcs arent that much even popular.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »

I'd like to aim for PVP CP, but if I have to tamper with my CPs to play both PVP and PVE at the end it must be quite painful...

Unless there is a possibility of registering CPs for a PVP and PVE build I'm interested.

Otherwise I think that to make the no CP more pleasant to live, it would be high time to stop the race to the max damage and think more for an orientation to the build and GAMEPLAY!

There are different skill morphs that are best in pve/pvp so if you want to min max both on same character you have to respec regardless.

Vet dungeons can be done with pvp gear/pvp cp, if you want to go for trial leaderboards then maybe play different characters for pvp/pve.
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm I the only one who feels like BG PvP is still quite functional and enjoyable.

Of course it has its flaws, like most aspects of ESO. But its not like its in total shambles.

I’m with you. I really enjoy battlegrounds. Sure, not every match is going to be good for a variety of reasons, but when it’s good it’s great!
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From all the threads you have started here recently it seems like your problems really are mainly learn to play issues.

And I am not saying this to insult you, but just because it feels like you dont really understand most of the things that youre complaining about, but just complain about anything that kills you or stops you from killing someone.

You have started discussions in which you have complained about:

- 2h being too strong and killing you very fast
    (2h might hit harder than most other weapons, but it is also harder to hit a competent target with it and it is mainly used so much because most stam builds rely on it for their spammable, since except for dizzying most stam spammables are only viable when you really build around them)

- Templars being too strong and killing you very fast
    (and yea while its true that the jabs dmg is pretty high, templars have a lot of downsides like having a hard time sustaining and [especcially the stam version] not being very tanky so they generally are not at all too strong)

- not being able to play as a dps in bgs, because you wouldnt be tanky and thus die all the time
    (which is perfectly normal for a dps, since you really cant expect to be as tanky as players who slot tanky sets or build for being tanky otherwise when you are running full dmg sets)

- mag being way stronger than stam and having an advantage because of their range with staffs
    (this point is kinda strange when at the same time you are complaining about stam being too powerful with 2h and stamplars being too powerful with jabs. Also it simply is not true that mag is stronger since they need more sustain than stam players and usually also dont do as much dmg as a stam build who is specced for dmg)

- in that same post you also complained about block, dodge etc would all weaken stam players because their main ressource is affected by those
    (this also simply is not true since mag is way more affected by having to block or dodge since they have a way smaller stam pool and also lower stam regen, which leads to them being able to block and dodge far less than stam players because they have to be careful how they spend stam since they dont have as much of it and since its not as easily restored so a bad stamina management can easily lead to your death if you dont have enough stam to break cc)

- generally just being killed very fast and being confused by that
    (this just seems like you dont really have the greatest builds or arent really able to defend yourself well and thus die to players who know how to put burst on you without you really knowing how to react)

- you generally said that you were confused about various things that happened to you in bgs
    (which just generally seems like you dont have too much experience with the game and thus label everything that feels strange to you as too strong)

And there were quite a lot more complaints which would just be too many to list all.

In addition to that your posts generally just sound like someone without too much knowledge of the game has written them, since you often rather describe things than calling them by their actual names (like for example using "the wizard's crystal" instead of "crystal fragments"). Even tho this part only is my subjective view of your posts and doesnt have to conclude in you being bad at the game.

And my problem with that is that ZOS sometimes actually listens to ppl who dont really know a lot about the game but feel like something is too strong because its often killing them and thus nerf stuff that is actually completely fine. So please just think a bit more about what you post instead of calling everything overpowered because you dont know how to properly defend yourself vs that kind of gameplay.
    Edited by Jierdanit on August 11, 2020 12:44PM
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dare to say that the two-handed weapon is not cheating? when everyone insists on taking this weapon to gain in dps a powerful care or even profitable to the tank, don't make me believe that this weapon is fair, not to mention that this weapon has almost 2 ultimate with "executioners" ...

When you're supposed to be on an MMORPG, which is less and less the case, because the ZOS have fun taking away any freedom of creativity or anything that is supposed to be the particularity of a class, yes, there's something to complain about the direction chosen by the last ones, for example, me who wants to play an archer on a NB in BG without looking for the cheat race, you're not allowed to be efficient, because you spend twice as much time trying to kill an enemy, sometimes and too often unsuccessful confrontation, either by miraculous healing, or worse, an immortal player resistance, then yes we must think of the glyphs full of damage, but the problem, for the stams the resource falls frighteningly, between the game of dodge, race and attack, the management of the stams is a real test, but again, the devs do not care about this category of player, and on that I do not think I am the only one to complain about it . .

And note that you contradict yourself a little, because you say "that I complain" about this or that thing of the game, or that I may not know how to play, but you arrive anyway confirmed that I'm not in the wrong and by the way I spend all my days and even nights in BG, so good ...

I'm just someone who would like to have the right to play something other than the devs meta or youtube and on this point I don't think I'm the only one in this case

(And thanks, but no thanks, I don't feel like playing another game, because Elder Scrolls is what I've always loved in Lore and Universe and I've been waiting a long time for an Online version, (but not so chaotic) and also to be able to play with other players as fan as me or even less, otherwise, the other games I'm watching, are not released yet, I just aspire to a fairer game for all types of players).

Ps : if my English is not perfect, it's because I'm French and I use a translator, I try to do my best by writing my text in French to get the translation and see what the translation in English French to correct it again.

Yours sincerely!

• Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dare to say that the two-handed weapon is not cheating? when everyone insists on taking this weapon to gain in dps a powerful care or even profitable to the tank, don't make me believe that this weapon is fair, not to mention that this weapon has almost 2 ultimate with "executioners" ...

When you're supposed to be on an MMORPG, which is less and less the case, because the ZOS have fun taking away any freedom of creativity or anything that is supposed to be the particularity of a class, yes, there's something to complain about the direction chosen by the last ones, for example, me who wants to play an archer on a NB in BG without looking for the cheat race, you're not allowed to be efficient, because you spend twice as much time trying to kill an enemy, sometimes and too often unsuccessful confrontation, either by miraculous healing, or worse, an immortal player resistance, then yes we must think of the glyphs full of damage, but the problem, for the stams the resource falls frighteningly, between the game of dodge, race and attack, the management of the stams is a real test, but again, the devs do not care about this category of player, and on that I do not think I am the only one to complain about it . .

And note that you contradict yourself a little, because you say "that I complain" about this or that thing of the game, or that I may not know how to play, but you arrive anyway confirmed that I'm not in the wrong and by the way I spend all my days and even nights in BG, so good ...

I'm just someone who would like to have the right to play something other than the devs meta or youtube and on this point I don't think I'm the only one in this case

(And thanks, but no thanks, I don't feel like playing another game, because Elder Scrolls is what I've always loved in Lore and Universe and I've been waiting a long time for an Online version, (but not so chaotic) and also to be able to play with other players as fan as me or even less, otherwise, the other games I'm watching, are not released yet, I just aspire to a fairer game for all types of players).

Ps : if my English is not perfect, it's because I'm French and I use a translator, I try to do my best by writing my text in French to get the translation and see what the translation in English French to correct it again.

Yours sincerely!
    2h is certainly not cheating lol. Its just pretty much the only option on a lot of stam builds cuz DW and SnB pretty much suck for dealing dmg. Also seriously Executioner does not hit like an ultimate, it is an EXECUTE ability and thus does more dmg the lower you are, if you are getting hit by 10k executioners its likely that you were at about 3% hp.

Sniper Nightblades are probably one of the most seen specs in bgs and are certainly doing a lot of dmg, even to a pretty tanky build. So it just seems like you really dont know how to make your build work and complain about snipers being too weak even though they really are pretty strong (and imo too strong (risk and reward etc.)). I mean there are Snipers who hit my fairly tanky stamsorc with 7k+ snipes.
    In addition to that, Sniperblades have one of the best defensive skills in the game with cloak and if you know how you can get out of pretty much any situation with shadow image and then cloak, so your complaints about not being "tanky" enough seem to also come down to a l2p issue.

I just did not understand the 3rd part of your post tbh.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

Yours sincerely!
    2h is certainly not cheating lol. Its just pretty much the only option on a lot of stam builds cuz DW and SnB pretty much suck for dealing dmg. Also seriously Executioner does not hit like an ultimate, it is an EXECUTE ability and thus does more dmg the lower you are, if you are getting hit by 10k executioners its likely that you were at about 3% hp.

Sniper Nightblades are probably one of the most seen specs in bgs and are certainly doing a lot of dmg, even to a pretty tanky build. So it just seems like you really dont know how to make your build work and complain about snipers being too weak even though they really are pretty strong (and imo too strong (risk and reward etc.)). I mean there are Snipers who hit my fairly tanky stamsorc with 7k+ snipes.
    In addition to that, Sniperblades have one of the best defensive skills in the game with cloak and if you know how you can get out of pretty much any situation with shadow image and then cloak, so your complaints about not being "tanky" enough seem to also come down to a l2p issue.

Dude, I die to Dizzying swing/executioner 10000000x more than snipe in BGs. I don't know what game you are playing. And my bowblade is impotent when it come to tanky builds no matter how much pen and wpn dmg I stack so your claim is simply not true. I see a ton of melee NBs in BGs, but WAY more DKs running 2H Grothdar and Elfbane.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

Yours sincerely!

Dude, I die to Dizzying swing/executioner 10000000x more than snipe in BGs. I don't know what game you are playing. And my bowblade is impotent when it come to tanky builds no matter how much pen and wpn dmg I stack so your claim is simply not true. I see a ton of melee NBs in BGs, but WAY more DKs running 2H Grothdar and Elfbane.

you usually die more often to dizzying and executioner because on average the ppl who run something like that are better than the usual sniper from my experience.
    And ofc you die more often to dizzy/exec than to snipe because you are running a sniper NB with cloak and can easily evade pretty much any snipe, cuz you see it coming and can either dodge or cloak and apparently you die if a competent player with 2H gets close to you because he can keep you out of stealth and you cant defend yourself.
    That your Bowblade is useless against tanky ppl is pretty much your fault tho since as i said you can certainly hit high snipes against ppl who dont build full tank. For reference, my stamsorc has about 26k buffed resistances and 30k hp and the skill i have the biggest trouble surviving is snipe... because actually good snipers with a strong build still hit me for 7k - 10k snipes occasionally, so you see that it is true, you are simply apparently too bad to get those results.
    And I can assure you that no DK runs 2H with Grothdarr and Elfbane, those are two completely different builds.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After removing a few non-constructive posts, we would like to remind everyone to keep the Forum's Community Rules in mind when posting, and remember that we would like to keep the forums a place for civil and constructive discussion.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs running 2H Grothdar and Elfbane.

I'd love to see more of these in BGs. Sounds like easy pickings, lol.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know what MMR you guys are playing at but top 50 in PS4 NA is infested with 55k hp werewolf’s, premade magdk groups and premade warden death ball groups.

It’s pretty tough for NB’s and Snipers where your only tool kit is direct damage. No CP battlegrounds is different from No CP imperial city. Proc sets and aoe damage skills are much stronger in bgs, where direct damage and gank builds are much stronger in no cp imperial city.

Plus there’s some wrong with Mundus stones/Weapon traits when it comes to bgs. It’s not working as intended because you can run Lady Stone, Defending traits and your aoe skills or proc sets will still do a lot of Damage.

Sharpened trait+ Lover= Grothdarr still ticks 2k in bgs

Nirhorned+ warrior= Grothdarr still ticks for 2k in bgs

Defending+ Lady= Grothdarr still ticks for 2k in bgs

The pvp system needs a rehaul. I rebuilt my NB ganker to a tank NB. How is it that I have much more improved k/d ratio sitting at 45k hp, with thunderbug set? And all I do is hold block lol.

• Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePianist wrote: »
    I don’t know what MMR you guys are playing at but top 50 in PS4 NA is infested with 55k hp werewolf’s, premade magdk groups and premade warden death ball groups.

It’s pretty tough for NB’s and Snipers where your only tool kit is direct damage. No CP battlegrounds is different from No CP imperial city. Proc sets and aoe damage skills are much stronger in bgs, where direct damage and gank builds are much stronger in no cp imperial city.

Yea ofc it gets harder for snipers the Higher the MMR is, but i suppose his mmr isnt too high since He is saying that nothing He tries works lol.

And also you should know that its is Impossible to actually make a premade group for bgs, so the "premade" MagDK and Warden groups you See are probably just proper Players who know how to Play with their group.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    you usually die more often to dizzying and executioner because on average the ppl who run something like that are better than the usual sniper from my experience.
    And ofc you die more often to dizzy/exec than to snipe because you are running a sniper NB with cloak and can easily evade pretty much any snipe, cuz you see it coming and can either dodge or cloak and apparently you die if a competent player with 2H gets close to you because he can keep you out of stealth and you cant defend yourself.
    That your Bowblade is useless against tanky ppl is pretty much your fault tho since as i said you can certainly hit high snipes against ppl who dont build full tank. For reference, my stamsorc has about 26k buffed resistances and 30k hp and the skill i have the biggest trouble surviving is snipe... because actually good snipers with a strong build still hit me for 7k - 10k snipes occasionally, so you see that it is true, you are simply apparently too bad to get those results.
    And I can assure you that no DK runs 2H with Grothdarr and Elfbane, those are two completely different builds.

Of course it's easy to take one of the most OP classes for PVP as a "reference", of course, I too can do great things with this class, it can do everything from dps stam to dps magic and even hybrid, this class has everything, buffs, shields, heal a gogo;

the NB has only a few tricks for specific gameplay to know how to play cac, especially for the stams and the only protection/heal spell of the NB stam is really questionable in efficiency or often not adapted for BG.

So it's easy to say that X plays badly, but avoid saying that when you play the easy stuff
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKs running 2H Grothdar and Elfbane.

I'd love to see more of these in BGs. Sounds like easy pickings, lol.

When there are four enemy leaping on you stacking grothdar it isn't exactly my idea of an ideal situation.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course it's easy to take one of the most OP classes for PVP as a "reference", of course, I too can do great things with this class, it can do everything from dps stam to dps magic and even hybrid, this class has everything, buffs, shields, heal a gogo;

the NB has only a few tricks for specific gameplay to know how to play cac, especially for the stams and the only protection/heal spell of the NB stam is really questionable in efficiency or often not adapted for BG.

So it's easy to say that X plays badly, but avoid saying that when you play the easy stuff

tbh NB is pretty easy to play somewhat good, especcially if youre trying to go for a sniper.
    And also the only reference i took from my stamsorc is that im still getting hit hard by snipes lol i never used that to show that im good.
    also nightblade has one of the best defenses in the game (if they actually work), because theyre able to really easily evade dmg with dodge, cloak (you really dont wanna pick dark cloak for a sniper) and shade and youre normally gonna use vigor and rally for your heals, so nb really has quite some defense in its toolkit even tho it is admittedly not in the best spot rn (this is especcially the case for magblades though).
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    today you can see in BGs stamblades with snipe and cloak, stamblades with cloak and snipe, and oh I forgot to mention 2H and executioner with cloak...
    I have played 5 hours in a row and mostly get hit by 5-10 snipes with the health desync... so I relogged to my stamblade and for next 3 hours I was killing only stamblades with bow... what a fun :(((
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭

You wouldn't have to select cp enabled. Just make it an option.

Non cp is a meta nightmare with little to no counter. CP brings diversity and much longer fights.
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No kidding Zenimax when are you going to take care of the CP no, I looked at the scoreboard and many of the attacks are as powerful as an ultimate one, which is inconceivable in any good MMORPG that respects that, since when does a class spell do so much damage, it's really a mess, when are you going to take the necessary steps for this chaotic BG?

Assume what YOU propose and stop picking on people who only want to expose the recurring problems YOU cause, YOU wanted to have a PVP community assume it too!

With the state of the BG there is really more possibility to face an opponent with dignity, even with impenetrable full house it's dropping like flies.

You wished for a PVP community in The Elder Scrolls, listen to it and act on the problems, it can't go on any more, it can't go on anymore !!!

What chaos are you talking about?
    Chaosball?
    I have been playing bg all day yesterday I did not see the chaos you are talking about.
    I really do not want to say it but, get good.

My stamblade is the worst class, I effing die a dozen times per match, but I can also kill others.
    Edited by russelmmendoza on September 7, 2020 3:36AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol

Yeah, it's pretty bad right now. I think they need to take the whole system offline for a couple of weeks and give it some tender loving care. It needs it.
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    At times I have the impression that the BG in TESO is made to be a parody of the PVP, no but frankly, attacks with a weapon in each hand is a huge complication when you activate an attack, the target is already 8 meters away before the action takes place ...

You try to target a target, but it's not a walking man you're aiming at, it's an eel that slides the movement x)

Some classes play in stam you have almost no stam in 2/3 actions x)

Not forgetting that moment when you try to activate a potion or even take chaosball, but the game decided that bah "no" x)