The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Weakness enchant effectiveness

Stx
Stx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I can't find solid info on this anywhere...

Is there a concrete number that mobs have for weapon damage? Like, I know how much armor trash mobs have and how much armor bosses have... but I have no idea how much weapon damage they have.

Weakness infused enchant reduces weapon damage by 450. So if a mob has 2k weapon damage, that's pretty good. But if a mob has 7k thats not so good.

Power extraction for night blades reduces weapon damage by 200. What does this actually mean in pve? It would be nice to know.
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    I found info on this awhile back and someone stated that bosses have around 1200 weapon/spell damage. It’s was surprising low. I’m not concrete on this, but if I find the link I will post
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Double post, but to my knowledge there really is no way to tell. At this point the weakening enchant along with major and minor maim only equal to percentage based damage reductions. Many mechanics in the game employ oblivion damage as well in which case resistances do not affect the damage including some damage reduction modifiers. So “one shot” mechanics make these calculations extremely difficult. Check out asiangod on YouTube as he had a section on damage and mitigation formulas to be able to calculate these factors. I would start there. Then go into a dungeon solo or with someone else and calculate the amount of damage you receive per hit without any damage reduction and then with. Then calculate the difference in the damage numbers to get a percent damage reduction. Since NPC and bosses cannot crit, the damage should be consistant. Remember boss have only 4 or so skills that they rotate so keep and eye on that. I would like to test this myself soon as well
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last time I checked one boss - Olms in nAS. 226 weapon damage reduction from infused weakening (on 1H) caused around 6% damage reduction implying boss had around 3700 weapon damage.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you both for the replies. I think it's ridiculous the game has been out this long and still something like this is such a mystery.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not a flat percent. The weaker the boss the bigger the impact. I tried it out years ago trying to nail it down and got like 40% less damage on a mud crab and 1% or less on the nastiest thing I can test.

I don’t remember the actual numbers but my take away is that it only helps much when you already don’t need it. It’s trash on challenging content.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Power extraction works the same way as this enchantment since it takes away 200 damage. I really only use the skill when I want to save expensive potions on the stamblade and pick up Major Brutality from the skill, but the side effect is interesting. The encounter logs show approximately 5-15% less damage from generic adds and filler mobs and a few percent off with some boss types. It works out since an AOE skill like power extraction is more likely to draw the attention of more weak mobs, and I often find myself tanking more mobs than the tank.

And yes, I always give the tank time to set things up and gain aggro before going in myself.
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on February 14, 2020 2:54PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever used like an Infused Weakening enchantment in PvP?

Usually offense is the best defense but on the other hand, if you were in non-CP Cyrodiil against a mage with 25k Magicka and 2500 Spell Damage, you would be nerfing their damage by ~10% and basically giving yourself a free Buffer of the Swift and thusly a large increase to your effective health.

And, depending upon when the reduction enters the overall Spell Damage calculation (e.g. does it apply to base Spell Damage or is it applied after multiplicative mods like Major/Minor Sorcery), it could be even more effective.

Clearly, it would be less effective against a Stamina user with 5k+ Weapon Damage though.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So who is actually running Weakening these days? Tanks? Healers? Nobody?
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two tanks. 1 with amazing sustain, and 1 where I actually have to watch my resources.

On the high sustain tank, I use Weakening on my front bar, and Crusher on the back bar.
    On the low sustain tank, I use Absorb Stamina on my front bar, and Crusher on the back bar.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My tank uses weakening on the front bar and crushing on the back bar like kathandira is.
    Has anyone ever used like an Infused Weakening enchantment in PvP?

I never have but its an interesting idea. Problem though is while you may reduce their spell damage by a lot you can't really knock down a mage's max magicka which is where a lot of their power is.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As inconclusive as this thread was, it's the best I've seen in several tries.

Does anybody else have thoughts to share?
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Running flame enchant these days on front bar to help proc Encritis.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood