The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

No-CP PvP MagPlar Builds?

JoeFrazierJr
JoeFrazierJr
Soul Shriven
Hello guys

I have been running my own custom MagPlar build on BG and been having an absolute blast, but of course my own build is made for BG and not IC and Cyrodil. I'm wondering if anyone could share what they're running and having success with in IC/CYRO?

I have tried creating my own build for No-CP PvP but I struggle to find what works best, either I struggle with sustain, sometimes damage, and max magicka on my build in CYRO. Can anyone help me out with some good builds?

Thanks very much.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pariah, Overwhelming Grothdaar in light is decent damage, as vampire, undeath and pariah works really well, vamp ult is great when outnumbered.
    Or you could drop overwhelming and go for a backbar set and frontbar BRP lightning staff, its one of the strongest dots in the game and can easily proc Concussed.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two Words: Draugrkin + Malacath

Everything else you can put into defense / sustain. 20k mag and 1500 SP and you will still shred people.

I use this with Endurance and Eternal Vigor. But i am also a big fan of health recov. You can go with Pariah or similar.

Enjoy.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Two Words: Draugrkin + Malacath

Everything else you can put into defense / sustain. 20k mag and 1500 SP and you will still shred people.

I use this with Endurance and Eternal Vigor. But i am also a big fan of health recov. You can go with Pariah or similar.

Enjoy.

Draugrkin is great, but it's so single target oriented, in open world it can be difficult to single out 1 target, especially on a slow Templar. For 1v1 though nothing beats draugrkin for sure.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here’s my no cp Cyrodiil build: heartland, gossamer, snow treaders, 1 domihaus, heal and buff my group, drop novas on stacks of enemies.

No damage skills slotted. :neutral:
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Pariah, Overwhelming Grothdaar in light is decent damage, as vampire, undeath and pariah works really well, vamp ult is great when outnumbered.
    Or you could drop overwhelming and go for a backbar set and frontbar BRP lightning staff, its one of the strongest dots in the game and can easily proc Concussed.

Tried Pariah....did absolutely nothing to help me survive longer. Damage is so out of control right now by time your extra resist kick in you're dead.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

Tried Pariah....did absolutely nothing to help me survive longer. Damage is so out of control right now by time your extra resist kick in you're dead.

You get like 2.5k resist even at full hp, at 68% or so it gives more resistances than anything else.
    Tbh if you didn't feel pariah helping you probably won't feel other sets like swift either.
    I personally started playing ranged plar, which I haven't done in years.
    Torugs/hist sap with Master ice backbar, speed ring and it pretty good.
    About 4k spell dmg and 30k mag in no cp, and ofc the infused torugs enchant adds a ton of dmg too, and it's getting buffed next patch!
    I honestly didn't expect to do as well as I did on ranged Templar, so maybe give that a shot?
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id shelve templar till they figure out wtf they're doing with the jabs/ sweeps. Rich is about to destroy the game trying to fix performance.
  • zekeElite
    zekeElite
    ✭✭
    I wanted something mobile, so I’m trying out a light attack build anchored on the Empower from Solar Disturbance. The sets are Kena, New Moon, and Plague doctor. Two other core skills for me are degeneration and honor the dead.

My Templar is a nord so it’s not everything it could be, but my spell damage was at 5000 before re-traiting the gold staff to infused.

I don’t cast a lot of spells, but they are really potent when I use them. Easy 100% buff uptime and I’m usually topped off with magicka if I need to burst heal.

Sure, hitting light attack again and again can be mundane... but it’s pretty forgiving and it costs nothing to use.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zekeElite wrote: »
    I wanted something mobile, so I’m trying out a light attack build anchored on the Empower from Solar Disturbance. The sets are Kena, New Moon, and Plague doctor. Two other core skills for me are degeneration and honor the dead.

My Templar is a nord so it’s not everything it could be, but my spell damage was at 5000 before re-traiting the gold staff to infused.

I don’t cast a lot of spells, but they are really potent when I use them. Easy 100% buff uptime and I’m usually topped off with magicka if I need to burst heal.

Sure, hitting light attack again and again can be mundane... but it’s pretty forgiving and it costs nothing to use.

Why wouldn't you cast a spell too?
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar will be dead if the combat changes goes through.
    3 secs cd on most of our skills.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

You get like 2.5k resist even at full hp, at 68% or so it gives more resistances than anything else.
    Tbh if you didn't feel pariah helping you probably won't feel other sets like swift either.
    I personally started playing ranged plar, which I haven't done in years.
    Torugs/hist sap with Master ice backbar, speed ring and it pretty good.
    About 4k spell dmg and 30k mag in no cp, and ofc the infused torugs enchant adds a ton of dmg too, and it's getting buffed next patch!
    I honestly didn't expect to do as well as I did on ranged Templar, so maybe give that a shot?

Sounds interesting, I may do that because melee anything I just get wrecked. It seems like everyone stops what they are doing and focuses me lol. What damage enchant you running on your weps?

And where are you getting the 4k from? Those sets aren't giving you that. Hist and Torugs? How about monster set?
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on July 29, 2020 7:25PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would comment in detail about builds and strategy, but ever since some magcro that couldn't play the game without harmony and running in a zerg decided to buck up to me, I don't feel the need to help anyone in-depth with their builds or offer any insightful advice besides stating what is possible and what's not or giving a vague hint.

So I will only say the following: it's possible to get the power to one-shot people while retaining enough tankiness to take on 15+ in noCP on live. The builds described above...meh.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I would comment in detail about builds and strategy, but ever since some magcro that couldn't play the game without harmony and running in a zerg decided to buck up to me, I don't feel the need to help anyone in-depth with their builds or offer any insightful advice besides stating what is possible and what's not or giving a vague hint.

So I will only say the following: it's possible to get the power to one-shot people while retaining enough tankiness to take on 15+ in noCP on live. The builds described above...meh.

Cool, you do you, and the rest of us will remain highly skeptical that such a build legitimately exists.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I am curious @Kadoin .
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I am curious @Kadoin .

No need to be curious, the build is called Cheat Engine, or it doesn't exist period.

There are people here trying to get legitimate build advice so just keeping it real.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • zekeElite
    zekeElite
    ✭✭
    @EtTuBrutus I do cast spells! I’ll usually put out a reflective light, and I like unstable core a lot right now. After a few nights of going all light attack with this, I’m gonna try and put on a spammable, and see how that works using it sparingly in a rotation.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Show us some clips?
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magcro is garbage without harmony or proc sets.
  • PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    Can magplars go 5 heavy? Cp or no cp?