The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customer Survey : Luxury Furnisher

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just want to check, on a scale of 1 to 5, are you satisfied with the choice of furniture being offered each week by the luxury furniture vendor?
1 is horrendously unsatisfied , 5 is perfectly happy and you can apply your own discretion in between.
More valuable though, I'd love if you could share your reasons.
Thanks
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.

Customer Survey : Luxury Furnisher 88 votes

3%
HymzirSirona_StarrQagh 3 votes
20%
Gilvothcalitrumanb14_ESOCloudtraderPathMornaBaineAsdaraAkrasjelTheValkynTommy_The_GunSickleCiderOfTheEightskrvbb10rdFeendishfaeeichenlaubEifleberArchwynnMageCatF4Fdeleted210809-001958 18 votes
47%
laurajfdriosketchtheskymoveschuck-18_ESOGalendcam86b14_ESOAjaxandrielbellatrixedLonestryderInaMoonlightkargen27newtinmplsLarianaHu-RikanCadburyLadyNalcaryaDelphiniaDojohodaRaddlemanNumber7fakingfocused 42 votes
22%
ixiehondelinkDarkhorse1975Taleof2Citiesredspecter23jeedrzejTheImperfectMinyassaTonyRockaroniflamesingjwporrettSyldrasmyskyrim26spartaxoxodoomettebluebirdLalothenPanterraQuLumiuMarunaiad 20 votes
5%
idkajm1946valeriiyaNairinheairie 5 votes
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the choices and it doesn't make me broke. If it was super-dooper every week (such as the green house, flowers, and windmill weeks), I'd be broke. I'm happy that they introduce a new item each week.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I like the choices and it doesn't make me broke. If it was super-dooper every week (such as the green house, flowers, and windmill weeks), I'd be broke. I'm happy that they introduce a new item each week.

Yeah, it's probably for the best that the stuff isn't mind-blowing every week. However, that still means that there's a lot of stuff there I never bothered with.

I've also only recently started investing into furniture, so it's basically my first 'round'. This means that from my perspective, it'll stop being interesting after I've bought what I wanted from a full year's cycle. The exception to that will be new items, which probably means I'll be buying something every few months. That's also disappointing, but probably in consideration of people who can't blow 500k on furniture every week....
    Edited by Raisin on August 7, 2020 10:40PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Dojohoda @Raisin Interesting.. not putting words in your mouths but it sounds like you're ok with mediocre weeks because you feel good weeks would cost too much?
    But, in terms of general feedback though, would you not prefer better options every week at affordable prices?
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luxury works best for new players. To them each week bring plenty of interesting stuff, but to those who have been here from the start, each week mostly brings disappointment, and lately even resentment when previously expensive crowns only items are made available as reskins you can buy for gold.

Sure, reskins may look slightly different and variety is fun, but not when it comes at the expense of the one item added each week.

The Imperial female warrior statue was the perfect example. Previously only available as horribly overpriced white marble type deal, made available for pennies as a darker more earthy toned statue.

The biggest rub is, that there are those who bought the crowns only version because they thought that was the only version that was ever gonna be available, available, even though the later added luxury version would've fitted their homes better.

To further aggravate things, the selection is at times baffling. We get achievement furniture with perhaps minor tweaks, and sometimes with no tweak at all (daedric chest anyone? Orc totems??) Which is essentially another week wasted.

This is aggravated by the absence of stuff people have been asking for years - planters. easels, music instruments, weapon stands, and a plethora of other stuff that has been in the game for years, but not made available as furnishing via any way.

The issues with the luxury vendor is that the pace of introducing new stuff is painfully slow. More stuff keeps added into the game each year, and each year the backlog of unreleased stuff is growing and growing. Where are Morrowind music instruments? I want that Dunmer guzheng type string instrument, and I want that elaborately carved harp that was added into the game with Summerset! I've had place holder items for them in my homes for years now!!!

And yet, most weeks we get yet another item of marginal use. Like that pile of dwemer legs... That sort of rubbish, along with store and stable signs, should be available via normal vendors all year round. They should not be once a year "events."

To fix luxury vendor three things need to happen. The selection and rotation needs to be pruned. Everyday stuff and basic crud like those signs need to be moved to normal vendors. Place an achievement requirement on them if you feel you must, but free those weeks for something actually unique and interesting.

Second, increase the rate of introducing new stuff, especially since you are further diluting things with reskins (There are four version of that Khajit Guardian cat statue available now...) Each week there should be atleast 3 new items. Preferably all being quite different in nature, to maximize potential for finding something new and interesting on sale each week. There is more than enough unreleased stuff in the game right now to fill couple of years worth of such weekly releases, and I doubt ZOS will stop adding new stuff with each expansion.

Finally - re think the prices. They are all over the place. Some items are silly cheap - like that luxury version of the imperial warrior woman statue, and others are bonkers expensive, like the windmill, that doesn't even have an interior. Some items are priced so utterly ridiculously high, that new players have no chance of getting them. Sure us veterans with 10 million plus in loose change (not to mention the filthy rich who do the trading game and have 50+ million just sitting on their bank accounts) don't really care one way or another. But to a starting player, 100k for one piece of furnishing is pretty outrageous price to ask. No luxury item should cost more than 25k. These things are meant to be fiddled with, toyed with, experimented with. You get a cool idea for a building project requiring a dozen pieces of some new luxury item, only to realise that you can't afford the 1 million price tag that goes alogn with it, and shelve the idea and generally end up feel bummed about things.

Yeah - no junk on luxury vendor, more items each week (And release those planters and musical instruments already!) and tone down the prices to a sensible level that encourages experimentation and building for fun, and things will be much better all around.

Who know what this week brings, but I certainly am not looking forward to it. It's prolly gonna be something stupidly disappointing again
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hard to vote on this one, some weeks I am happy with the selections and others (hello Riekling stuff) I could care less.

I mostly agree with the comments above, except for the one that claims the weekly offerings are only appealing to new people. It has taken me a few years to build up enough gold, so there are still a few items that I have not purchased that I am waiting to come back around again.

The suggestion to move the signs to achievement vendors is a good idea. You should not have to wait up to a year to get signs for transmute and outfit tables.

I believe that the gold flowers this week (sorry don’t have the name) are the same ones from Blackreach. Nice new addition, I bought lots of these.

Somehow I have trouble seeing plants as luxury items that I can only get once a year. I would like to see them available more often, you never know when you will make a house purchase and need them right away.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm perfectly fine with the fact that there are weeks when I'm ready to buy a dozen of everything, and there are weeks with stuff I'll never see in my house but someone else will like.
    Maaaybe I'd like to see full cycle being a tad shorter, but if I can wait for an event, I can wait for a certain week too. It's not like I'm leaving the game anytime soon.
  • Lonestryder
    Lonestryder
    ✭✭✭
    I think the items available should be cumulative and filterable.
    Edited by Lonestryder on August 10, 2020 6:27AM
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just kinda meh on most of the stuff, every now and then there is something I really want, but most of the time it's just repeats and reskins. Why can't they add some of the more unique stuff that is already in the game somewhere? Or some really special stuff like blocks of water that multiples of will cleanly snap together, or big patches of dirt, grass, hay, stone, whatever to use as unique floors. I at least, would be way happier if the luxury vendor had some QoL stuff for those of us that housing, stuff that might not be a big deal to people casually decorating, but that would make custom builds way easier, such as the water mentioned above, or useable doors, or any of a million other things
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's perfectly okay. Tastes differ. There are weeks where nothing interesting for me is sold, but probably someone else will like it. I don't think there ever was a week with just complete trash.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the system, and I like most furniture. I'm also perfectly okay with having weeks where 0 items interest me personally - tastes differ, and I'm sure some players somewhere totally love the items that I'll never want for any of my homes.

However, there are some issues that I feel like they could address:
    • The length of the Luxury Furnisher cycle is too long. They keep adding new themes (which is good), but it bloats the system and it takes longer to get to themes that we do like (which is not good). I think they should merge some themes (e.g. sell Daedric and Velothi together like the bug last week lol, or just sell Torture Week 1 and Torture Week 2 together in one weekend).
    • Alternatively, they could add a Luxury Furnisher Assistant who would offer a random draw of various week's offerings. Zanil could keep his sluggish divided schedule, but this hypothetical furnishing sidekick could provide pleasant surprises for people by offering 5 randomly selected items from all weeks combined. Maybe it would freshen up the slog a bit?
    • As others said, the Luxury Furnisher is exciting on everyone's first year. After seeing and buying things from 1 cycle however, it gets frustrating - waiting 1+ years for the good weeks to return, while trying to watch in jaded anticipation whether the 1 new item they add per week is going to be garbage or not.
    • I think it would be better if they released a bunch of furniture around a theme at once, rather than trickling them 1 by 1 year after year. Like, release 4-8 new statues in January 2020, and then add a completely new theme in Jan 2021 (like 4-8 Blackreach Geodes and Fungi, some of which have already been datamined), instead of 1 new Statue in Jan 2020, another 1 Statue in Jan 2021, etc.
    • They should revise some of their prices. Some items cost an insane amount of money. I don't really get why (for example Clockwork Sextant, Surveyor's for 75,000). Many of the 'luxury' items have nothing to do with luxury (erm... Riekling Week, anyone?), so their 'luxuryness' probably comes from being exclusive and scarce? Okay, well, if people can only buy random not-luxurious-items only 1 week per year, why make the price insanely high too? The time limit is already a sufficient exclusivity factor imo, they don't have to milk us dry too.
    bMRoLb4.png
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish ZOS would just place the lux vendor as a perma NPC and start to add a compelty new list of things every week with another npc.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    @Dojohoda @Raisin Interesting.. not putting words in your mouths but it sounds like you're ok with mediocre weeks because you feel good weeks would cost too much?
    But, in terms of general feedback though, would you not prefer better options every week at affordable prices?

I was kidding about going broke, but in seriousness, I'm for nice new housing items, but I could not say what those things would be. I only know what I would like to have and if I see it at the vendor, I will buy a few.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »

Well, I suppose maybe mediocre weeks for me are great weeks for someone else? But yeah, it's more based on being content with the frequency at which I spend a lot of money in there. More nicer stuff would always be welcome, in the end. I imagine it's a tight line, trying to keep it a bit of a gold sink.

Edit: Also, I think maybe some of the stuff that's been in his catalogue since the beginning could just cycle out and be added to Achievement vendors or similar. Let it be luxury once or twice, then 'retire' it to normal vendor?
    Edited by Raisin on August 8, 2020 8:19PM
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love the luxury trader to have a week with completely new stuff in say... once in three months.
    Furniture from newer DLCs is added painfully slowly if ever.
    Give the veteran players something to look forward to with completely new stuff a few times a year at least.

And yes, It would be time to get the good man an assistent. We gave him enough gold so he could afford one.
    PC/EU
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see some of the old items removed from the rotation purely for the selfish reason I want more than one new item each week. Maybe place them in a general vendor. They shouldn't be removed for good as there is always some player that missed them.
    Alternatively have the luxury vendor sell old items for three weeks then the 4th week we see six new items. Either way I want to see on average more than one new item a week.

Going off on a tangent I also want a general goods vendor that would rotate through items like rakes, ***, mops, feather dusters, a rack of hanging cups and other tools and supplies. The vendor could provide things like image below so that the rack and tools would be one piece.

NF7frjA.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new besides one furnishing... that isn't guaranteed to be interesting form personal perspective
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought I saw a post here somewhere that said there was definitely going to be a housing assistant outside of the inn in Coldharbour, right where the lady is standing on top of the merchant kiosk.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I merely answered 5 because it is a forum survey that does not really reflect the customer base so this cannot be a customer survey perse.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to it every weekend, and also dread it. I end up broke half the time. There are times that I'm not in the least interested in a theme and then it's a relief that I can save money for a week. xD
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I saw a post here somewhere that said there was definitely going to be a housing assistant outside of the inn in Coldharbour, right where the lady is standing on top of the merchant kiosk.
    As far as I know, that's just going to be Zanil's new location. 'Zanil Theran, the Luxury Furnisher, has gotten his own stall in the Hollow City. When in town, he can now be found just down the street from Cicero’s Food & General Goods, instead of his prior cramped location in the back corner of that establishment.' - PTS Patch Notes
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prices are ridiculous.
    There's too much junk that is definitely NOT "luxury" that should be on a different permanent vendor.
    There should be TWO Lux Vendors. One for the stuff that's on repeat and one that has exclusively NEW things each week.
    Requests for the items we DO want to see on the Lux Vendor continue to be ignored.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The furniture is too expensive sometimes but overall I like the luxury vendor offerings. He has a good variety in the kinds of things he offers and he has a good amount of space in between items that are highly popular and expensive, so it's not hard to get what you want consistently.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I voted 3 (neutral) because if I was a newer player, the vendor would still be interesting to me every week. But as someone who's seen his wares cycle around 3-4 times now, they're stale. The new item every week might be good, but more typically it's a phoned in recolor/resize of an existing item. Low point was the brown fern...

I've said it before, he needs an assistant to carry the "old" goods and he needs to have some fresh items and break away from the tired themes.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I reallllllly don't think that we need SO many weeks of skeletons, bodies, torture devices, etc...
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK this took a while to find. There is speculation that the lady NPC there at the new luxury furnishings location will be Rolis’ assistant but I guess no official word yet:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/536079/furnishing-display-outside-coldharbor-bank#latest
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reallllllly don't think that we need SO many weeks of skeletons, bodies, torture devices, etc...

Exactly my complaint.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The offerings are often extremely niche. Torture devices, Riekling totems, dead birds, merchant signs and giant statues probably only appeal to a handful of people. I want to see more flora, structural items, instruments, pretty knickknacks of all kinds, hearth/courtyard/stable items!

And of course the prices are absolutely absurd.

I had to give them a point because they released the glowing cabbages I desperately wanted, though!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK this took a while to find. There is speculation that the lady NPC there at the new luxury furnishings location will be Rolis’ assistant but I guess no official word yet:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/536079/furnishing-display-outside-coldharbor-bank#latest

Thanks for finding the link. I did post in there my speculation that the person standing on top of his cart, Shana Hammerfell, would become his assistant, similar to Faustina, but there's no official word yet. And, I don't recall ever seeing her in the Hollow City, but perhaps she was always standing there and they forgot to remove her, which is why she ended up standing on top of his cart?

Regardless, an assistant is needed at this point, to start selling all the old stuff so he can sell fresh items. Perhaps moving him outside is the first step, since he would then have room for an assistant. Here's hoping, anyway.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the items I mind, so much as the system. If you miss buying something you either have to pay x3 for it on the traders or wait a year. I wish there could be a semi-permanent collection, where for example every month a separate batch with multiple items in a given category (like glowy plants) would be for sale for 4 consecutive weekends, or something like that, so we wouldn't be punished for missing a weekend. As for the items themselves, they are usually very good, but pricing could be adjusted slightly, while still being considered 'luxurious', because if someone wants multiples, they have to farm all week just to buy the things at the vendor. More structural items (rather than decorative items) like the Alinor greenhouses, would be great too!