The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Serious Disconnect/Crash Issues for Anyone Else?

Rogue_Pumpkin23
I'm curious, because over the past couple of months, every time I play, I get disconnected at least once. This never was an issue up until recently. Last night was an especially bad night which saw me disconnecting three times in twenty minutes. I'll just be going along, playing the game in PVE, and BOOP! I'm kicked to the title screen with no explanation other than, "Unable to connect to Xbox Live. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection." I know that it's not an issue with my internet, as I've run the network troubleshooting tool on the Xbox, set my NAT type to open, and set my IP address to stable. Also, this issue has been occurring on a second Xbox that is physically plugged into the router (though it admittedly happens more on one Xbox than it does on the other).

I've done a hard reset on my Xbox, uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, and even reached out to Support for help with this. In fact, I've been going back and forth with Support for the better part of two-ish months with this hopes of getting this resolved (last time I heard from them was over two weeks ago, when I had to tell them they'd me PC troubleshooting instructions when I'd explicitly stated multiple times that I was playing on an Xbox.... which I reckon doesn't bode well?) At this point, all I can think is that there's either something wrong on the game's end or there's something wrong with my console that I'm yet to discover, and I'm not sure which one of those two options I'm leaning towards yet (though I will admit that I played another online game and haven't had this issue)

I realize that disconnects/crashes are just part of the deal when it comes to MMO games like this, but this seems to be excessive. And I'm also trying to be patient because I realize that COVID-19 has led to more people playing and thus more support tickets. However, I paid good money for the base game and it's subsequent DLCs, and I expect a working game because of that.

Has anyone else been running into disconnect issues similar to this? Have you had any word on when it would be rectified?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Rogue_Pumpkin23

Do you have a support ticket number?

If so, you can post it within this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rogue_Pumpkin23
    My ticket number is 200622-006157. Last time Support messaged me on that specific ticket was on July 1, 2020. I was told that it was being assigned to staff that was higher up. When I didn't hear anything for roughly five days afterwards, I asked a follow-up question about this ticket in the forums earlier in the month, and staff PM'd me here on July 7, 2020. I haven't heard anything on my ticket since.

I like this game. I really do, and especially right now, I want to be able to sit down in the evenings and play for a few hours at a time without disconnections or crashes. I really want to play this game, and I also really want to be able to support my guild within the game. But with the issues that I've been having, playing the game hasn't been enjoyable and is getting close to impossible.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Rogue_Pumpkin23

Thank you for your ticket number. Please check your inbox for an update.
    Staff Post
  • Ap3xJohn15
    Did you ever get it resolved? I'm having the same issue. After an hour of game play, i get booted to the title screen multiple times in less than an hour.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ap3xJohn15

Could you let us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far?

Have you started a ticket with customer support?
    Staff Post