Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Check Out ESO during QuakeCon At Home!"

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Those are not professional conferences, those are literally "hi, these guys make your game" streams. I, personally, extremely enjoyed listening to jokes and stories and, like, being reminded that there are real people with their own lives behind all of this. Not sure what did you expect.

You are entitled to have your expectations, just as I am entitled to have mine.

These are not PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCES ? Are you kidding me ?
    Those events are 100% PR/Marketing, and the whole "we're all a big bunch of friends here and we behave as if we're all close friends here" is just an attitude. The differentiated display of job titles isn't consistent with said attitude.
    Regardless, this is all worked and tuned and adjusted to the T, believe me. This stuff costs millions to organize (well, probably significantly less on an "at-home" basis like this year, but still).

Personally I don't care much about attitude, as long as they say interesting stuff, they can say it rigid in suit and tie, naked in the shower, lying on the sofa or just like they did : it makes not much of a difference to me, I don't care. But when it lasts one hour with 5 minutes of actual content and 55 minutes of silly empty small-talk filler, I get legitimately annoyed. It has nothing to do with chilling or not chilling, and everything to do with being treated with respect as an audience.

Take the interview of the "key concept artist" conference last year (or was it the year before ? in some ESO live), it was all relaxed and all, but there was not one single second of useless filler in his presentation.
    Or take any intervention by Todd Howard : no filler in there either. Just relevant stuff.
    ESO live often has too much "filler small talk" as well.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 10, 2020 3:56PM
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No drops for the final day of streams? :'( Yesterday I watched continuous streams on the Bethesda Twitch, including the company-hosted ones, but haven't gotten any crates today.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    No drops for the final day of streams? :'( Yesterday I watched continuous streams on the Bethesda Twitch, including the company-hosted ones, but haven't gotten any crates today.

Same here! Support Ticket #200810-008740
    Edited by Moloch1514 on August 10, 2020 11:42PM
    PC-NA
  • The_Mahdi
    The_Mahdi
    Soul Shriven
    I watched the dungeon run on twitch, Saturday @ 8pm, for the full hour. My ESO and Twitch accounts are linked, drops enabled, but two days later on Monday evening I still haven't received the pony or a redemption code email. Did I get hosed?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The_Mahdi wrote: »
    I watched the dungeon run on twitch, Saturday @ 8pm, for the full hour. My ESO and Twitch accounts are linked, drops enabled, but two days later on Monday evening I still haven't received the pony or a redemption code email. Did I get hosed?

Make sure you submit a ticket with Support via help.elderscrollsonline.com and we'll get you straightened out.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you submit a ticket with Support via help.elderscrollsonline.com and we'll get you straightened out.

^ This. Just file a ticket and wait. It may take some time before they get to it.

I myself watched the final two hours of the art raffle where Mike was drawing a Khajiit's face. They mentioned at the time that more pony pets would go out by midnight at the earliest with the only requirement being having a linked account. But the reality is that they still need some time to go through and give people their fire atronach ponies.

I'm still waiting, and I did file a ticket. All we can do is wait. So don't get too bent out of shape, folks.

Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.